Profile for Chris > Reviews

Content by Chris

Chris (Portsmouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SuperTooth Buddy 2.1 Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit with Universal In-Car Smartphone Suction Holder for iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C and Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep the button pressed for 5 seconds at least to pair this device, 2 May 2015
It does exactly what was advertised, but you DO have to keep the button pressed for about 5 seconds before it will "pair" with your iPhone.
The instructions say "press this button", but they do not indicate that it must be pressed and held.
This is not a fault of the product, but of the person who translated the instructions into English.

Max Min thermometer for greenhouses & conservatory (White)
Max Min thermometer for greenhouses & conservatory (White)
Offered by ETI Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 2 May 2015
Very good value for money.
It does exactly what it says and has proved to be a real boon in my Server Room at work.

Slow Closing Toilet Seat in White
Slow Closing Toilet Seat in White
Offered by IMOBILETECH

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the lid keeps closing on ME, 2 May 2015
It does what it says. However, when I lift the top lid, to allow me to sit down, it slowly drops onto my back.
This WAS very irritating. However, I applied a bit of thought and used a Hot Glue Gun to stick a small steel "Washer" to the top of the lid, then I used a bit more glue to stick a small flat disk magnet to the toilet cistern.
Now when I raise the lid, it stays there!

Anker 40W 5-Port High Speed Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia and More (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 2 May 2015
This product does exactly what I want, that is free-up a load of mains sockets.
We have phones, tablets, blue tooth hands free headsets, Sat-Navs and other items that all need charging from USB ports.
Up until now we had individual chargers for everything and could never charge more than 2 things at once.
There was also the problem that some of the charges were very low current and there was no such thing as a "quick charge".
Now we can charge things all at the same time and faster.

Of course, there is still the problem of a "Snakes Wedding" of all the cables, but that is not the fault of the charger.
If you could find a charger that had retractable cables, then THAT would be really something.

Star Viking (Extinction Wars Book 3)
Star Viking (Extinction Wars Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 14 Nov. 2014
I like the leaf characters no nonsense approach to diplomacy ( or the lack of it ).
I also found it amazing that the authors writing made me despise and love one of the alien races so much ( the Tigers )

Element-X
Element-X

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, but a bit wordy on places, 12 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Element-X (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book because I had read a lot of books by B.V. Larson. I found that this book was interesting because it was a new take on the whole "Men in Black" storyline, not least because it centred around a woman. However, I got the impression that there were times when the author had a bit of writers block and his descriptions of events seem to get progressively longer. He also tended to repeat himself several times when describing items, events or objects that had already been explained in detail.

Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)
Swarm (Star Force Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 26 July 2014
I really felt a connection with the primary character. Being an I.T. nut myself I could see the logical sequence of events unfold.
I don't think I could have been a Marine though!!

The Synchronicity War Part 4
The Synchronicity War Part 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous books in this series, 14 July 2014
I found this episode a bit harder to read. It seemed to have lost a bit of impetus and instead of moving forward and introducing new things it was going over old ground all the time. By the end I just wanted it to be over.

AMP Messenger
AMP Messenger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 5 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Messenger (Kindle Edition)
Bit of a slow start, then the pace picked up nicely.
Word1 word2 word3 word4 word5 word6 word7 word8 word9.

The Synchronicity War Part 3
The Synchronicity War Part 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, action packed read, 28 Jun. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I only wish he could write at the same speed that I read them. Thanks

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4