Profile for J. WILLIS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Hernia Belt Support Size Medium, 35-41" (89-104cm) Waist Size
Hernia Belt Support Size Medium, 35-41" (89-104cm) Waist Size
Offered by The TENS + Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Has made life so much easier, well worth the price., 28 Feb. 2016
I took a chance on this, as I was in quite a lot of pain with an inguinal hernia. It has been perfect. I was worried about it being visible through trousers but there has been no issue with that at all. I have been able to stop taking painkillers and even go running again, as my consultant said that as long as there is no pain it was ok for me to do so.

Just make sure you experiment with the straps to get the right fit for you before trimming off the excess velcro. Better to be conservative and have to trim off a bit more than cut them and then decide it is too tight.

Box of 50, Niceday Yellow Ballpoint Pens, Red, Fine - (1600863)
Box of 50, Niceday Yellow Ballpoint Pens, Red, Fine - (1600863)
Offered by stationery sh0p

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and good quality., 7 Feb. 2015
Good quality, great price, I use them in a classroom and never have any complaints about them from the kids.

Police Sphere Black Watch 12096JSB/02
Police Sphere Black Watch 12096JSB/02

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality - and still no scratches after 2 months, 13 Mar. 2012
Original Review, posted March 2012, gave 4 stars as concerned it might scratch easily.
--------------------------

I bought this watch having owned another Police watch for a couple of years which has lasted well.

I ordered it a week ago, was sent one that had a slight mark on the side of it, either a scratch or glue, requested a replacement and it arrived today - great service.

This watch doesn't look the same as the first picture shows - the watch hands are silver, but the dial and outer edge are black, not white as the appear in the picture. The picture which shows the dimensions of the watch is more accurate in terms of colour. Not a problem for me as I'd checked on it on other sites and a reviewer on another site had warned about that.

There is a lot of glass - the section that appears to be black up to the outer edge that seems white (but isn't) is all glass, so it's approximately 3.5cm across by 5cm down.

I'm not sure how durable it will be in terms of scratches, etc, the glass shows finger marks, etc easily - will need plenty of cleaning - I will update this review in a few months time once the watch has bedded in.

So all in all, good quality, build quality is solid and has a nice weight about it, something a bit different and could be a great purchase.... or it could be a scratch magnet, time will tell.

----------------------
Update, posted May 2012 - upgraded to 5 stars.

Pleasantly surprised that the watch has not scratched yet, I make sure I take it off if I'm doing DIY or heavy work, but otherwise have it on most of the time. The strap has softened nicely and all in all it's a nice, good quality watch.

Lowepro Rezo 20 Camera Pouch for Digital Camera
Lowepro Rezo 20 Camera Pouch for Digital Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for Fujifilm T200, 11 Feb. 2012
I was dubious about buying this as I thought it might be too wide for the Fujifilm T200, but it fits snugly and is well made.

There's enough space in the front pocket for a spare battery and memory card, with a secure belt attachment (velcro and a press stud) and at the price I bought it for, a great deal.

Happy overall as I didn't want a hard shell case for it or the leather case that fujifilm sells.

eMachines E350 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB, 160GB, WLAN, Webcam, Win 7 Starter) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic machine, 11 Jun. 2011
Had this machine a few weeks now and very happy with it. Feels very solid, sturdy hinges on the screen so I'm not expecting issues with build quality.

For the price it seems a bargain in comparison to other makes - loaded on firefox, avg virus check, all working fine. The battery seems to be lasting 4 hours, which is ok for what I need. Windows updates all went through fine.

I did also load on openoffice but have found that the microsoft word starter application included with the machine is more than enough for me and have since removed openoffice.

I was very surprised by the size of the power adaptor - I've been used to laptop power adaptors being a fair size and weight, but this one is small, built into the electrical plug itself, very portable.

I have removed some of the unnecessary software and no issues there.

The screen is very clear and all in all the whole package is better than I expected. It also feels solid, more so than many laptops I've seen and used previously.

I'd spent quite a while looking at other netbooks in stores, faster processors, etc and came to the conclusion that for internet, email and word processing this would meet my needs.

I thought I'd need some extra memory for video playback like BBC iplayer, there was a bit of picture lag, but have installed 2Gb of memory and there is no appreciable increase in speed and still getting picture lag on BBC iplayer - my advice would be not to waste money on upgrading the memory - seems like the processor is the issue, not memory.

Windows 7 starter does not allow the desktop background to be personalised, which seems to have been deliberately engineered by Microsoft to encourage users to upgrade to windows 7 home. I've got round this by installing a freeware program that adds a 'personalization panel' - again been using this a few weeks and no issues at all.

Given the screen size I've also changed the taskbar to 'auto-hide' when not using it (right-click on the taskbar to access properties) - no need to have unnecessary information showing when screen space is at a premium.

I've also bought a 3 year warranty on Amazon from Setsquare which includes accidental damage and seems a good price compared to similar cover offered through electrical stores SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£150-175 Items). As an aside, has been very easy - emailed my receipt, have received a written confirmation from them and a phone call to check if everything is ok - not even a hint of trying to sell other products to me!

All in all I give this 4 stars, loses out on a star because of unnecessary software installed, restriction on changing desktop background with Windows 7 starter and the issues around picture lag with iplayer.

But for internet, email, general office-type functions and 'light' video/audio (youtube, etc) it is more than good enough.

I would like to know how it performs with an external DVD drive to play back DVDs but I don't want to buy one to find it also has picture lag. If anyone has information on this I would appreciate your feedback.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2012 7:41 AM GMT

Million Dollar Baby [DVD] [2005]
Million Dollar Baby [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Hilary Swank
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better every time I watch it, 21 Feb. 2009
I've watched this film 4 or 5 times now over the last year or so - every time it seems to get better, I appreciate the dialogue more, the interplay of the actors.

Every time I want it to turn out different, THAT SCENE to be different and every time it isn't - and every time I appreciate it more.

The soundtrack, characters, magnificent - I can even forgive the awful depiction of England for the British title fight.

Not your run of the mill film and worth every penny.

Adam & Paul [DVD] [2005]
Adam & Paul [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Tom Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the blackest, funniest films I've ever seen, 9 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Adam & Paul [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This film is a jet-black comedy - grim, depressing, squalid, yet very, very funny.

There are moments of absolute comic brilliance, genuinely laugh-out loud funny. And at the same time it doesn't pull any punches on what it is like to be a drug addict, the desperation and sense of pointlessness about it all.

I rented it on DVD and watched it 3 or 4 times. I lent it to my parents, both in their fifties and they loved it as well.

Find a copy and make up your own mind about it.

Rescue Dawn [DVD]
Rescue Dawn [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by Magic Movies Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not that interesting - 1 or 2 stars, 22 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Rescue Dawn [DVD] (DVD)
This isn't a particularly bad film, it's just not that good a film either.

This may well be a true story, however that doesn't mean it makes a good film. The acting, the pace, everything felt quite plodding, half-baked and un-engaging (is that a word?).

I didn't feel involved in the story - the mark of a good film for me is that it sucks me in, has me interested / involved in what's happening.

For me, this always felt like a small window into something being acted out, no more, no less. The acting felt 'hammy' and I came away from it completely unmoved by Bale's character (Dieter Dengler).

Each to his own, but if I had the choice again, I'd give this one a miss.

American V: A Hundred Highways
American V: A Hundred Highways
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the hype., 1 April 2008
I took a while to get this CD, having bought the previous "American Recordings".

I wasn't convinced, partly put off by the fact that this was put together after he died, partly by some of the reviews on here - I just felt like it was too over the top, too much - how could it be so good - I wrongly assumed it would be a bunch of cast-off tracks brought together as some kind of final 'cash-in' by the record company.

I was completely wrong - this is the best of all the American Recordings in my opinion.

Believe the hype and buy it.

Missing In America [DVD]
Missing In America [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Glover
Offered by American Beauty Int

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays with you long after watching it, 21 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Missing In America [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of those films that is very deceptive - very well put together, quite a slow-burning storyline in many ways.

However, it has stayed with me for a few months now - the beautiful scenery, the simplicity of the story.

A tale of outsiders coming back to life in many ways, but with no easy "Hollywood" ending.

This film will grow on you.

Page: 1 | 2