Profile for Mrs. Mel Mullane > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Mel Mullane

Mrs. Mel Mullane "Poppyhattie" (Southampton UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Conbays Vintage Superman Hero Boy Pocket Watch with Chain & Gift Box
Conbays Vintage Superman Hero Boy Pocket Watch with Chain & Gift Box
Offered by Conbays365

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it looks like!, 27 May 2016
This is exactly what it looks like! It's got the Superman logo on it, it has a spare battery, it holds the time and comes with a watch chain and a rather attractive pendant. It was swiftly sent and well packed. Thanks!

Sleep / Eye Mask - Sleeping Masks Men & Women MONEY BACK GUARANTEE NEW DESIGN using Organic Bamboo & Cotton Lining - Making it Better than Silk - Our Luxury Patented Contoured & Comfortable Sleep Mask & Ear Plug Set is the Best Blackout Eyemask it will Block Light but Wont Touch your eyes like other Eyemasks - Carry Pouch and Ear Plugs Included for FREE
Offered by Natural Revolution Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 27 May 2016
I have been struggling to find an eye mask for ages that isn't sweaty or doesn't fall off in the night or doesn't hurt the skin above your ears or compress your eyeballs or go fluffy... This mask has a good shape to it so that your eyes are not compressed which is a good start - I hate waking up and not being able to see! It hasn't been sweaty but it has annoyed the skin over the top of my ears... but that could be because I have a strange shaped head or super-sensitive skin....(!) It hasn't gone fluffy or frayed but has crawled off my head a few times in the night. However it doesn't seem to go far and I know that I am a light sleeper and move about a lot when I should be dead to the world. So.... Would I buy it again? Yes!
P.S. I haven't tried the earplugs and I have super strength ones that I need to combat the husband's snoring and cat's whining (or should that be the other way round?) So I can't comment on their effectiveness...

I-Caps With Lutein and Zeaxanthin Dietary Supplement for Healthy Eyes 90 Capsules (Factory Sealed Pack 3 x 30) New One-A-Day Formula
Offered by Blukoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value pack, 27 May 2016
My husband has been using these for years and while I haven't really found any conclusive proof that they help deter macular degeneration he seems to think so and this is the best value pack!

A Slip of the Keyboard: Collected Non-fiction
A Slip of the Keyboard: Collected Non-fiction
by Terry Pratchett

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Views from a Forceful Writer!, 27 May 2016
This is a compilation of the speeches and essays that Terry Pratchett wrote with particularly vigorous opinions on assisted dying. It's not for the faint hearted and can be a bit repetitive but it's a good read for those who like Pratchett's writing and want to know a bit more about the man behind the Discworld.

AA Solar Light Rechargeable Batteries (pack of 4) - Ni-Hm
AA Solar Light Rechargeable Batteries (pack of 4) - Ni-Hm
Offered by RPTL Batteries and Chargers

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for solar lights, 16 May 2016
Does the job - put them into my solar lights and they are still going - not had them long enough to see how long they last (in years) and the lights are still on when I go to bed so they must be holding a charge!

Open the Cage, Murphy!
Open the Cage, Murphy!
by Paul O'Grady

4.0 out of 5 stars Paul O'Grady's acid tongue and genuine wit shine through, 16 May 2016
This review is from: Open the Cage, Murphy! (Hardcover)
This is well written, funny and at times heart breaking. I love Paul O'Grady's language and his excellent descriptions of his daily life. His character, acid tongue and genuine wit shine through. I was too young to really appreciate Lily Savage in her prime - the Internet is a wonderful tool and I really enjoyed reading passages in the book and being able to look them up online. My only real criticism is that the book is badly bound and the photos in my copy (which was sold as being of very good quality) had detached and some were missing.

Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Jungle Quest Set
Thomas & Friends Take-n-Play Jungle Quest Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loves it!, 16 May 2016
My grandson can't stop playing with this and his birthday was 3 months ago! To an adult it only seems to do a couple of things but in the hands of a 6 year old it seems to have endless possibilities.

Vision Media X 25 Single Clear CD Jewel Case
Vision Media X 25 Single Clear CD Jewel Case
Offered by Vision Media Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying the extra for good quality..., 16 May 2016
It's worth paying the extra for a better quality case - I've had so many cheap ones that have rubbish hinges and arrive cracked. These came in a sturdy cardboard box and not a single crack or broken hinge. I will definitely buy these again when I run out!

CSNY 1974
CSNY 1974

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: CSNY 1974 (Audio CD)
This is a great album. I'm always worried about 'live' versions of songs, especially as I have been caught by buying albums that seem to have been recorded by somebody sat at the back with a portable tape recorder. The sound quality is excellent and the range of songs is good - there are songs I don't know well and have started to love. Steve Stills mumbled a lot when I saw them live last year - it's encouraging to know that he does it here too - I can't get all the words he's singing but his guitar riffs more than make up for it. I haven't watched the DVD yet but my husband was at the concert when it was recorded so we will have to scrutinise it carefully when we do... He's at the back somewhere.... Possibly with a portable reel - reel tape recorder.....(not really....).
I was a bit loathed to pay what seemed a high price but now I feel it is fully justified. CSNY have done a really good job on this (they have apparently been working on it for years) and it is an excellent album. Turn the bass up loud, grab a beer and enjoy.

Mens Socks, Soft cuff, 3 Pairs of Light Argyle pattern socks, 6-11 UK, 39-45 EU, Light Hold honeycomb top, ideal elastic free Diabetic Socks
Offered by SMG UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks for Diabetic (and other) Feet!, 12 Aug. 2014
My husband is diabetic. He has also recently had heart bypass surgery so they cut big wounds in both his lower legs. These socks are fantastic - soft, non-hurting on his wounds and they stay up when he walks about. I also found that they were easy for me to put on for him (he has size 10 feet) when he couldn't get to his feet and I could do it without hurting him. These are the genuine article - they are a bit more expensive than other versions but I would recommend paying the bit extra for the Gentle Grip brand - it's worth it. They also seem happy in the tumble drier which is a bonus!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3