Profile for Gizmophobic > Reviews

Hama Vertical Window Case for Apple iPhone 5C - White
Hama Vertical Window Case for Apple iPhone 5C - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Average quality, 29 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This looks reasonable for the price. Its pretty lightweight but should give a degree of protection. Time will tell how durable it is-I've found previous cases (of other makes) to have the problem of the plastic corners being too brittle to stand much wear. One flaw so far is that there is no hole for the earphones socket-consequently I had to punch a hole. Apart from that it fits well.

Mr. Beams MB371 Remote Controlled Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Outdoor Security Spotlight, Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't stand test of time, 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As with all such products time will tell as to durability however first impressions are indeed 5 star. The build is good. Intuitive battery loading (I'm using aging rechargeable ones which have produced a good beam from the off and I'm over a week in). The fact that I'm mounting this above my garage means I only require the light while I'm unlocking it. Consequently I have not used the remote control at all. I believe you can adjust the time they stay on for, mine seems to be about 30 mins. but to be honest its not easily viewable from the house and I'm not standing outside waiting to find out. It certainly comes on reliably when I stand underneath it. So for the moment at least it is perfect for my purpose.

Update--------light is now in bin. Fitting snapped as I tried to open it to get batteries out. The plastic gets very brittle in the coldish weather (I live in SE England so will be even less resilient up North no doubt) --it hasn't worked properly for a while-going on and -off randomly and running battery down-possibly due to earlier snapped plastic incident when fitting battery-oh and the remote never worked ........AVOID..

Igenix DF0006 2-Speed Portable Clip Fan 15 W - White
Igenix DF0006 2-Speed Portable Clip Fan 15 W - White
Offered by BestBuyUk

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan-so far, 25 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bearing in mind that this is stilll winter I am kind of limited in scope for review however it workded straight from the box-easy to attach the substantial crocdile clip to my adjacent window sill so doesn't take up desk space-and also stable and quiet-roll on summer.

Esselte Classic A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted, Pack of 10
Esselte Classic A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted, Pack of 10

4.0 out of 5 stars Note the quality but check the width., 21 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are well made, durable and do the job they were designed for-i.e A4 not the more common foolscap size-. However they are better than the cheaper priced versions only because the makers have taken the trouble to reinforce likely stress points--so you get more in the file with less chance of the content spilling under the rest in the cabinet-such a pain when that happens. You pays your money-a fair bit more with these- and takes your choice.

Cavalcade
Cavalcade
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight into orbit, 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Cavalcade (Audio CD)
This a slight departure for Jeffrey Foucault in that there is more of a blusie/rockier edge to about half the tracks than is usual from the solo albums I have-although the other half wouldn't be out of place on them. Its none the worse for that in fact I think I prefer this side to him. It would certainly be great to see them live, I'm reminded of Drive by Truckers/Hard Working Americans/Lincoln Durham etc,--love them all.

Pure Evoke D4 Mio Portable Digital DAB/FM Radio with Bluetooth - Aloe
Pure Evoke D4 Mio Portable Digital DAB/FM Radio with Bluetooth - Aloe
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure joy, 18 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If I mention that this is my fourth PURE DAB radio (and they are all still in regular use)then you'll guess I'm a bit of a fan. The first was bought for a very badly ventilated kitchen about 10 years ago and was only recently relegated to the garage when the channel buttons were getting sticky-it still works happily in there. I replaced it with an earlier (non bluetooth) version of this model and my wife and I are extremely happy with it. In between I was given the OASIS which is a brilliant portable for the garden.

However this one really takes the biscuit. Its proved perfect for the bedroom and replaced a very dodgy clock alarm. I've got the one in the picture and it looks great although I believe you can easily change the panel for a diffent colour. More importantly it works perfectly. The display even adjusts when I turn the bedroom light off so you can see it more easily, however I'm pretty light sensitive and am grateful it doesn't bother me perched on my wife's bedside table. This is also a case where the remote for the model comes into its own-I don't have to walk around rhe bed or stretch over when I'm using it on my own. The alarm and set up menu are very intuitive and of course I can play my ipod playlists through it with bluetooth -this works very well for the bedroom but I wouldn't be satisfied with it as a regular music speaker-there is quite a drop in volume switching from radio to bluetooth-you'd need something bigger for a bigger room but then I'm picky about music. Pretty near perfect .

ROCK JAW ARCANA V2 In Ear Headphone
ROCK JAW ARCANA V2 In Ear Headphone
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid performance, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think the principle of a diminishing rate of return for investment applies to technology such as this. I have used both less and (substantially) more expensive earphones on a regular basis and these hit a nice balance between comfort, performance and cost. The manufacturors suggest a 'running in' period of 100 hours before they will reach optimal performance and although I've used them quite frequently I know there is no way I'll get up to that before my Vine limit is up. After about 25 hrs use they have a better sound -esp re detail on my jazz playlists -than the £12 pair I've mainly been using outdoors . I cycle (carefully) with them and they stay in my ears well, they come with 3 separate bud sizes but I've been using them straight from the box. They are an attractive product with a good quality feel to them. They don't exlcude all exttenal noise--on a bike I wouldn't want them to-but neither do they have the effect of 'amplifying' wind noise which I've found with less well fitting ones. Overall good value and I wouldn't go higher unless you are looking for a product to use for long periods sitting down in which case headphones would be a better bet.

Ride On The Train
Ride On The Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Steaming first album, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Ride On The Train (Audio CD)
This is by far the best debut album from a band I can remember hearing for a very long time. I only bought it as I saw they were supporting Jesse Malin and I wanted to get a handle on their music before the gig. It features very strong songwriting and although my favourites are the bluesier tracks it is good throughout. Live, they were excellent and I bought their follow-up which is a tribute to Lou Reed and all Velvet Underground songs. That's also l very good but I prefer their own stuff and I'll be in line for the new one.

Zanussi ZAN7620EL Ergo Easy All Floor Cyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 1550 W - White/Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sucker, 30 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a light and compact vacuum ideal for stalr cleaning or other awkward spots. I particularly like the variable suction option which means you can have a bit of flexibility required on some surfaces. We've just had a new carpet fitted and although this meant the waste chamber filled quickly with fresh pile it is very easy(and mess free) to empty.I only got three attachments but used them all on its first outing. I suspect the little dinky head was meant for upholstery but it was perfect for getting into corners on the stairs. The tiny brush was also handy for getting to the side of the fridge.Can't really fault it although obviously designed for lighter work than a large house. It stores easily, has a quick rewind reeel for the cord-I suppose I could have done with that button looking a little less like the of/on one but really its the slightest of quibbles.

Ultranatura Fabric Cover Sylt for Garden Furniture, Weather Protection Cover, Round or Square, for Table Sets and Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it covered, 12 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite sturdily made and easily covers my garden table and 4 chairs. It goes all the way to the patio floor and since it is weighty itdoesn't flap about much in the wind. We haven't had any downpours as yet but so far it looks to be up to the job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20