Profile for Gizmophobic > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ROCK JAW ARCANA V2 In Ear Headphone
ROCK JAW ARCANA V2 In Ear Headphone
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd - Dispatched Same Day If Order Received By 14:00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock solid performance, 14 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think the principle of a diminishing rate of return for investment applies to technology such as this. I have used both less and (substantially) more expensive earphones on a regular basis and these hit a nice balance between comfort, performance and cost. The manufacturors suggest a 'running in' period of 100 hours before they will reach optimal performance and although I've used them quite frequently I know there is no way I'll get up to that before my Vine limit is up. After about 25 hrs use they have a better sound -esp re detail on my jazz playlists -than the £12 pair I've mainly been using outdoors . I cycle (carefully) with them and they stay in my ears well, they come with 3 separate bud sizes but I've been using them straight from the box. They are an attractive product with a good quality feel to them. They don't exlcude all exttenal noise--on a bike I wouldn't want them to-but neither do they have the effect of 'amplifying' wind noise which I've found with less well fitting ones. Overall good value and I wouldn't go higher unless you are looking for a product to use for long periods sitting down in which case headphones would be a better bet.

Ride On The Train
Ride On The Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Steaming first album, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Ride On The Train (Audio CD)
This is by far the best debut album from a band I can remember hearing for a very long time. I only bought it as I saw they were supporting Jesse Malin and I wanted to get a handle on their music before the gig. It features very strong songwriting and although my favourites are the bluesier tracks it is good throughout. Live, they were excellent and I bought their follow-up which is a tribute to Lou Reed and all Velvet Underground songs. That's also l very good but I prefer their own stuff and I'll be in line for the new one.

Zanussi ZAN7620EL Ergo Easy All Floor Cyclonic Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 1550 W - White/Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sucker, 30 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a light and compact vacuum ideal for stalr cleaning or other awkward spots. I particularly like the variable suction option which means you can have a bit of flexibility required on some surfaces. We've just had a new carpet fitted and although this meant the waste chamber filled quickly with fresh pile it is very easy(and mess free) to empty.I only got three attachments but used them all on its first outing. I suspect the little dinky head was meant for upholstery but it was perfect for getting into corners on the stairs. The tiny brush was also handy for getting to the side of the fridge.Can't really fault it although obviously designed for lighter work than a large house. It stores easily, has a quick rewind reeel for the cord-I suppose I could have done with that button looking a little less like the of/on one but really its the slightest of quibbles.

Ultranatura Fabric Cover Sylt for Garden Furniture, Weather Protection Cover, Round or Square, for Table Sets and Chairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it covered, 12 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite sturdily made and easily covers my garden table and 4 chairs. It goes all the way to the patio floor and since it is weighty itdoesn't flap about much in the wind. We haven't had any downpours as yet but so far it looks to be up to the job.

Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)
Stanley STHT5-20211 20-inch/ 500mm Heavy Duty Saw (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars It came, I sawed , I commented, 13 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are reasoanable value for the asking price. Some tools such as saws are pretty much sold as disposable these days and that's what we have here . The build is ok as far as it goes, The man made handle is comfortable and the blade performs as you would expect,i.e. with the larger teeth the cut is quick but quite rough. These are not meant for fine detail cuts. Won't know about there durability for a bit but having worn out similar products with a medium to large DIY project I expect to get through them over the next few months.

Philips GC8651/10 PerfectCare Aqua Pressurised Steam Generator Iron, 2.5 L, 2400 W

4.0 out of 5 stars Eonomy of limescale, 12 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’m guessing this was designed by a bloke. Not just any bloke but one who had spent many unhappy hours ironing with its multiple joys of creasing up pockets and collars and of course the coup de gras, when you’ve finally got a shirt just about wearable the iron spews crusty limescale over it. Now instead of resigning himself to a perpetually creased future he comes up with this monster, a cross between an iron and the Flying Scotsman. (That’s a steam train for those of you who don’t remember them).
Talk about getting a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I was astonished by the bulk of this thing and when you fill it with water the combined weight and the amount of steam released reminded me of the last hobbit film. It might well work on some kind of dragon principle-it seemed to scare my clothes into smoothed submission rather than go through anything resembling the usual process.
All that said I’m getting kind of into it. Of course the sheer awkwardness of filling it up and balancing it on the end of my ironing board pretty much excludes my usual strategy of last minute emergency ironing. It’s a pain to empty unless your sink is near and so this is much more geared towards mammoth ironing sessions. So if you have a large family and a large ironing area (including board) this will make your life a lot easier, but if on the other hand you’re not thinking of opening up a laundry service you might want something a little less extreme.

Vax P86-P3-T Pressure Washer
Vax P86-P3-T Pressure Washer

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a blast, 7 Sept. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a 3 pronged approach to evaluating machine/power tools: 1)Are they easy to assemble and get operating? 2)Do they do what they are supposed to? 3) Do they last?
The demands of the Vine review system means I have to leave 3 for now but this product certainly meets the first two criteria.
I have to confess I attempted to get this going after a hard day in the garden and was rather bemused why I couldn't get it to operating pressure. Embarassingly the next day I noticed I had mistaken the extension lance in the diagram for the basic one and of course that didn't have nozzle attached.........so moral of the story is take this on with a clear head and make sure you know what part is which. After that it was pretty much a doddle to assemble . It is important that the garden hose used to get the water to it has sound attachments or the pressure will ensure you have water in more places than you want it.Even with quite old ones I found I didn't need to turn the tap more than halfway on. There are 3 supplied nozzles to choose from, basic was good enough for changing the colour of my paving stones--turbo cleaned up some bricks I've been unable to sort for many years. Similarly this made very short work of cleaning 10 years of grime on my garage door. There are various brushes supplied but these are more useful for avoiding potential damage to items you are cleaning (my greenhouse is next on the list) than enhancing cleaning. I guess there is also an issue of the amount of water you use. It may be more efficient to use a brush in some instances than succumbing to the temptation of just blasting everything in siight . The detergent supplied seems pretty easy to set up but given the above as yet I haven't found a need to use it.I like the fact it has a trigger action as it allows you to limit the amount of water you are using ,and also this after all a giant water pistol and the fun is in the firing not the hosing.

Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Philips YS527/17 Click and Style 2-in-1 Shave and Stubble
Offered by Retail-ABC - VAT Registered

4.0 out of 5 stars Starter razor, 18 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this to replace a Remington R7150 which was fatally inured when knocked off the shelf onto the wooden floor beneath.This shaver is easy to use with useful attachments for different lengths of beard/stubble. The shaver gives very clean shaves and with a well shaped head that increases manoeuvrability you can dodge any spots etc.. It takes longer to shave with the two heads instead of 3 and as advertised this I guess is aimed at younger men. The build is light but strong but I'm guessing would also meet the same end if handled too roughly.

Rapesco Stapler - Zero-01, 50 Sheet Capacity (Silver)
Rapesco Stapler - Zero-01, 50 Sheet Capacity (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Snappped it up, 12 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't fault this, at least after about 3 weeks regular use. It came with staples already loaded but I've already refreshed with some of a different brand I already had (niceday) and it continues to work just as well. I've had no problems stapling up to 20 sheets, I expect I have been given the 26/6 ones and that's what I've reloaded with. 20-24 sheets is about the limit with these and you do have to line it up on a firm surface and press it firmly. The reload mechanism is great-just press the button at the back and the tray pops out. As you'd expect it has a chunky build,The biggest danger in dropping it would be toe damage-9 " long and I wouldn't want it to be in my briefcase too often but as a desk stapler its excellent-don't let your colleagues pinch it .

Bankers Box SmoothMove Manual Removal Tea Chest - Pack of 5
Bankers Box SmoothMove Manual Removal Tea Chest - Pack of 5

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably good Fellowes, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It seems I'm in the tiny minority of one here but I did not find these immediately easy to assemble-I've used a couple of other makes recently which made much more intuitive sense-that said once you have ignored the picture on the side of the box (only instructions I got which made no sense at all)-and instead use the amazon picture to show what you are aiming for, then it does take seconds. Once assembled they are stronger than most competitors but should be for the price. If you are stacking with books then you need a smaller size product as won't be able to lift-fine for buklkier items though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20