Profile for Jo Crosby > Reviews

Content by Jo Crosby

Jo Crosby "J.E Crosby" (Lyme Regis Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Girls Crochet Mermaid Tail Blanket Knitting Sleeping Bag Handcraft for Kids, All Seasons Sleeping Bag Blanket , 140cmX70cm (55.1"x27.6") (Light red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggly fish tail!, 20 Nov. 2016
When this arrived I was a little dubious as it came vac packed in a flat box and looked tiny!
However!! Once out of the packaging it fluffed up, it did have a strange smell so I washed it and tumble dried it on low and it came out smelling fine and was lovely and soft. It's described as red but it looks like a rose pink with flecks of white.
My daughter loves it she's a tall 3 year old but this has lots of room in it for her to grow and it's nice and snuggly. There is a hole in the end of the tail but that doesn't bother my daughter you could easily sew it up if you wanted.
All in all we really like it, it washes and dries well, and most importantly my children give it the thumbs up and use it, especially now the weather is turning colder.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on thick hair!, 20 Nov. 2016
I have really thick hair and have to straighten it if I want to wear it down so I'm always interested in the latest hair inventions to help in the battle of unruly frizzy hair! This is the second heated straightening brush I've tried, the first was rectangular and thinner than this and whilst it did work and was good I found I had to spend a good amount of time to get my hair as sleek as I'd like it. This one is a good round sized brush and it heats up really well I also found it much easier to use and my hair didn't get snagged in it. It feels like a normal hairbrush and I noticed my hair was sleeker after a few brushes, I did take some photos although I've hidden my face as I looked like death warmed up!! One photo is half way through and the other is when I've finished.
I was really impressed, so much so I came and wrote a review straight away because it made a huge difference to my hair with minimal effort. I will use this over my straighteners as it's quick and convienent.
Top tip brush from underneath and slowly pull it through your hair to get the best effect, it doesn't leave your hair as flat as straightening irons however I like that it smooths and tame frizz whilst leaving a bit of volume. Really pleased, thank you!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Songmics white Dressing Table Set 137 x 80 x 40 cm with adjustable mirror and stool RDT002
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy attractive dressing table., 12 Aug. 2016
I have this dressing table in my children's room as my daughter loves to look in a mirror and brush her hair and it's perfect!
The dressing table and Stool arrived flat packed but I was easily able to put it together alone following the comprehensive instructions and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and feel of the finished product.
As mentioned I have this in my children's room but that's not to say this is small or child sized it's bigger than I expected and I can comfortably sit at it myself and I'm 5"7.
The stool is nice and soft to sit on and sits nicely underneath. The main drawer is a good size and depth, I can fit all my daughters bits and pieces in there including her many boxes of bangles and beads and then the mirror that free stands on the top also has two little drawers either side which fits all her hair bands and compact mirrors in and also provide nice little stands for those important display bits which in her case is her Pony toys!
All in all I'm really pleased and happy with the Songmics White Dressing table and would happily recommend it, the only "negative" is that the mirror doesn't attach to the dressing table so be aware of this if using for small children however this is also a positive in my opinion as you can remove the mirror and relocate it and use the dressing table as a desk as your child gets older or if that's what you want to use it for so actually it gives it more longevity and turns into a multi use piece of furniture.
I was very kindly sent this product for free in exchange for my unbiased review, I hope you found my thoughts useful, any questions please ask.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DE'LANCI 7pcs Pro Makeup Brush Set Blusher Eye Shadow Brushes Kit With High Grade Rose Gold Zipper Cosmetic Pouch
Offered by FiveBulls

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and soft brushes that apply makeup perfectly., 2 Aug. 2016
These are beautiful brushes, the case is a rose gold and feels sturdy and of good quality, the brushes themselves have a gold handle with the Delanci branding on and the brushes themselves are a synthetic brush but they are super soft and I haven't had any strands come out when using.
They're a good size not too big and sit nicely in my hand when using and importantly I've found them excellent for applying my makeup and blending.
I really like them, they are aesthetically very pleasing and they function perfectly so I would happily recommend them. You also get a good selection of brushes for the various techniques you may want to use them for so I think they're good value for money.
I received this product at a discount or for free in exchange for my unbiased review. I hope you found my thoughts useful, any questions please ask.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Copper Shield Compression Socks (L) As Seen On TV, Lined With Copper To Promote Healing Of Feet Injuries And Better Circulation. Can Be Used As Flight Socks, For Sports And More.
Offered by Genie Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Relieved swelling and pain and worked a treat!, 2 Aug. 2016
I do a lot of running and I'm a keen 30 day shredder. As a child I broke my left ankle and as a result it seems much more prone to injury and can become quite achey and swollen if I've been working out heavily. I was offered to review these so though I had nothing to lose and went for it.
First off they aren't particularly attractive and as a young woman not very flattering however I pop a pair of socks over them and that issue is instantly resolved.
Do they work? Well yes they do! Maybe it's a placebo I don't know but my ankle had been playing up and was quite painful and after wearing these the pain subsided and after a few days it was gone. Normally after a flare up it can take a week or so for it to stop hurting but these socks definetly made it better quicker. I now wear them when working out and haven't had any more flare ups so I'm converted. I'm a size 12/14 so went for the large and they fit perfectly not too tight but tight enough to give support. I've been using them for a month as I really wanted to fully test before reviewing and I would happily recommend them they've worn and washed well.
I received the compression socks for free in exchange for my unbiased review, I hope you found my thoughts useful any questions please ask.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2016 10:21 AM BST

Coidea Rotating RGB LED 3D Effect Stage Light Party DJ Disco Lamp Dance Christmas New Year Home Party Clubbing Wedding Celebration

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sensory light and perfect for impromptu discos in your kitchen!, 13 July 2016
What a fab little light! And little it is, it comes with a mini flexible stand and a fixing to pop it up on the ceiling or wall and then it plugs in to work.
It may be small but it filled my lounge with a rainbow of dancing lights and enthralled my toddler and I who both stood transfixed watching the light show for longer than she or I want to admit!!
It says it's sound activated and if you clap it momentarily stops but once plugged in it stays on constantly. I will say it is delicate and not for little hands so I would pop it up out the way however I'm impressed with how much light it throws out. My six year old and I closed the blinds in the kitchen this afternoon popped on the music and had a little disco gate crashed by my two year old daughter and much fun was had so I would happily recommend the Coidea rotating stage light.
I received this product for free or at discount in exchange for my unbiased review, I always give an honest opinion if the product I'm sent is not up to standard I say so. I hope you found my thoughts useful any questions please ask.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Plemo Huge Inflatable Unicorn Pool Floats Water Rafts Lounger Ride-on Toy for Families 2 Adults and 1 Kid, 274 cm, to 180 kg
Offered by PLEMO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing and great fun plus it's a unicorn with rainbow hair what's not to love!, 13 July 2016
Firstly this is huuuuge! My partner is 6"2 and he can happily lay on it and float around the pool, Both myself and my daughter fit on it with lots of room and it floats perfectly on the water.
I inflated it quickly and easily with my hairdryer it was up in five minutes but it is huge so don't make the mistake I did and fully inflate in indoors, partially inflate it and then on the main valve you have a main opening and then a smaller one in the cover which you can then blow into to get it fully inflated!
It's a lot of fun and it made my neighbours laugh seeing a giant unicorn with rainbow hair floating around the pool although they did shout out we were crazy!!
The head has two handy handles on each side to hold onto which was perfect for my daughter she sat in front and I sat near the tail and we happily paddled around the pool for a good while, it's very stable obviously if you shift your weight suddenly it's liable to tip but just use your common sense and you will have a lot of fun with it.
After we'd finished in the pool I opened the main valve and it deflated really quickly so it was easy to put away and store for next time.
I would happily recommend this unicorn pool float, it's amazing who doesn't love unicorns and rainbows?! It also comes with two patches for any accidents poolside but it feels really strong and of good quality so you'd have to drag it over a nail or something to pop it.
I received this item at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review, I always give my honest opinion good or bad and on this occasion can only say good things. I hope you found my ramblings useful, any questions please ask.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fiream Girls Summer Cotton Short Sleeves Stripe Dress(Blue1,3T)
Fiream Girls Summer Cotton Short Sleeves Stripe Dress(Blue1,3T)

5.0 out of 5 stars lightweight stylish tunic dress., 9 July 2016
I ordered a 3T for my 2 year old as I find clothes from China tend to come up small however this is the same size as her 3-4 boden tunic so I would say the sizing is actually spot on for this range.
It's a lightweight cotton tunic/dress that looks adorable on, the neck isn't too wide so we get away with it being a bit big and it looks lovely over her jeggings or on its own.
I like the denim pocket details and the buttons at the back also have a denim trim, that gives it a complete finished look with attention to detail.
The dress is perfect for summer but equally can be layered up for Autumn and Spring so I'm really pleased with it and will be buying more from Fiream as I'm impressed by the quality for the price.
I received this dress at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review I hope you found my thoughts useful any questions please ask.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BATTOP Kids Playhouse 3 in 1 Play Tent With Tunnel for Toddlers (Ball Is Not Included)
Offered by BATTOP-EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pop up fun!, 6 July 2016
We love this a lot! Firstly it's really compact when folded down into its handy carry case you can hang it on your pushchair if you want to take it to the park or a friends for a play date and it's lightweight and takes up no room which is perfect. Secondly it's so easy to set up, everything pops up in seconds and it comes with some pegs so you can secure it in place. It's been thoroughly tested by a 2, 3 and 6 year old and withstood their less than gentle play!! And all enjoyed crawling through the tunnel and playing with it and gave their seal of approval, and it got my thumbs up because it was quick and easy to put away when they finished.
It does take up quite a bit of room but because it's all separate you can choose your configuration and which bit you want to use so it can be as big or as small as you want. I really like that it's a breathable mesh on the side of the tunnel and triangular pop up as it means air flows through easily and is ideal for the summer because the breeze can get through and no hot sweaty children!!
I would happily recommend this set it's great fun, stores away to nothing and offers lots of scope for different set ups and most importantly the children liked it.
I received this item at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review, I hope you found my thoughts useful, any questions please ask.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a towel! More a donut shaped scarf!!, 4 July 2016
Unfortunately I saw the picture and the word towel and didn't read the actual tiny writing where it states this is made from chiffon....it's not a towel not even remotely and they should remove that from the title as it's very misleading.
It's essentially a huge donut shaped scarf/shawl which is very transparent and thin. I'm not sure I'm going to have any use for this I certainly won't be wearing it and I got it for my children to use on the beach but I'm not sure it would actually be much use as the sand would just sift through it. It would however be fab for pretending to be the ghost of a donut so Halloween 2016 watch out!!
My daughters currently using it as a swaddle for her doll and she likes it so not a complete fail and to be fair I should have read the small print and checked it was what it said.
If you want a huge donut shawl then you'll love it otherwise I wouldn't buy again.
I received this product at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review. I hope you found my thoughts useful, any questions please ask.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9