Profile for Miss Jolene E. Crosby > Reviews

Content by Miss Jolene E....

Miss Jolene E. Crosby "Jo Crosby" (Lyme Regis Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2
BEST Ear Thermometer Most ACCURATE - *5* STAR Ear Thermometer, Digital for Baby, Adults and Kids. Pediatrician Approved - Uses SAFE HARMLESS Infra red Laser - 100% LIFETIME GUARANTEE! - Excellent for ALL the Family - Takes Temperature In ONE SECOND for Immediate Clarification - NO Probes Needed - Recalls Last TEN Readings - Comes with Battery - Storage Case Included in this Premium Product.
Offered by Cor Vital

Shephered - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Small - 110cm to 122cm
Shephered - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume - Small - 110cm to 122cm
Offered by Accessory-Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad!, 4 Jan. 2015
My tall nearly five year old fit comfortably in the small size infact I can easily see it doing for next year if appropriate! Quality is ok it's nice and stretchy so fits over school uniform, the darker stripy material is literally just the two panels at the front, the back is the flesh coloured material, the headdress on ours had been stitched wrong as the band was too far back leaving the headress covering all of my sons face, fortunately I was able to remedy that but be aware yours may have the same issue. For what it is I think it's over priced but then again it did the job looked good and was delivered quickly so it wins out for convenience.

Rubens Barn Baby Emma (Fair Skin) 45cm
Rubens Barn Baby Emma (Fair Skin) 45cm
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely soft doll., 4 Jan. 2015
My daughter adores baby Emma, first thing she did upon seeing her was give Emma a massive hug and she is very huggable with a soft squidy body. Her hair is super soft as well which my daughter finds very tactile sitting and stroking it! All in all very pleased with my purchase as it was a well received Christmas present and I can see her lasting for a long time. Would definitely recommend her.

3M (10 feet) Premium Micro HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) High Speed Full HD 1080p, hdmi micro to hdmi 3M cable 1.4v, micro hdmi to hdmi cable for e book reader, Microsoft Surface tablet, Cameras, mobile phone, Tablets device with Micro HDMI Port, GOLD Plated
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well!, 4 Jan. 2015
Quick delivery works perfectly. We use it to link the Kindle fire to the TV and watch Amazon prime films and iPlayer which it does with no problems giving us a good clear picture. Very pleased.

Clarks Little Harper 261037197, Baby-Girls Booties
Clarks Little Harper 261037197, Baby-Girls Booties

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful well made shoes, 12 Nov. 2014
I purchased these for my daughter, her first pair of shoes. I liked the fact they weren't stereotypical pink or covered in flowers. Instead they've a classic looking tan leather shoe with a bow detail to the side. They're soft and padded inside and the Velcro fastening bar is also nice and soft. My daughter has just started walking and she happily toddled around the lounge in these and afterwards there were no marks left on her feet they were quick and easy to put on but more importantly she liked them and has proudly shown them off to her brother and Daddy! Would recommend them, we're really pleased with the quality and finish.

Belkin Petals Cover with Stand for Kindle Fire HD 7", Emerald (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but doesn't auto wake, 18 Jan. 2013
I really like this case it's nicer then a lot of the Case's available however the inside isn't blue it's lime green! The Auto wake feature it's supposed to have doesn't work or hasn't as of yet and it took a long time to arrive! I still like it and I'm glad I have it!

BRICA Snack Pod for Drinks and Snacks on the go
BRICA Snack Pod for Drinks and Snacks on the go

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits bugaboo cameleon, 10 Jan. 2013
I bought this to use with my bugaboo and it fits on both the main frame the seat frame and the bumper bar making it very versatile. It's easy to attach and to move if needed the cup holder is a good size fits my son's chunky Tommie tippee water bottle perfectly and the snack pod is nice the lids tricky to pull off but actually I like that stops my son pouring his snack out in the shops or on himself!!! The product itself is sturdy and well made and I'm really pleased with it!

Belkin Professional Capacitive Tip Stylus for Kindle Fire Tablets and Kindle Paperwhite

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 10 Jan. 2013
Bought this as part of a multi buy offer for kindle fire accessories so got it half price and I have to say it's really good! Does what it should works perfectly on my kindle fire hd and it also works perfectly with my iPhone. Feels nice and solid and a quality product so I'm really pleased and would recommend it especially if like me your a bit clumsy when trying to type on the keyboard.

LeapFrog LeapPad2 Learning Tablet (Green)
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Learning Tablet (Green)
Offered by BarGain GooDS

5.0 out of 5 stars Adaptable and fun!, 4 Dec. 2012
I won my LeapPad2 shortly after purchasing the Innotab2 which left me with the dilemma of which one do I keep as I don't really want my son to have both as that's just a waste! SO I set both of them up and this is what I thought of the LeapPad2!
Looks wise I really like the Leappad its smaller than the Innotab but retains the same size screen and I like the colour the metallic green looks good. I Like that the stylus is attached and also that you can move the attachment to suit either left or right handed children which is a nice touch.
The cameras are situated on the back and there is now a front facing camera, I have to say the picture quality is a lot better on the Leappad than on the Innotab 2, the Innotabs pictures tend to look grainy and very low res whereas the Leappads whilst their not HD they do look a lot better.
Switching the Leappad on its loads quickly and takes you to the sign in menu which you can personalise for your child and you have the option to have up to four children using the one device which is useful. The menu screen is easy to navigate and I really liked it you can again personalise it for your child with a choice of wallpapers and your child's name and picture.
The apps included are of a good quality. I really like that the Leappad is all geared towards learning and eduction but in a fun way. I also like the fact that the software you install on your PC allows you to monitor your child's progress and see how they are improving in the various areas. I downloaded quite a few apps onto the device including some sesame street videos a Disney creative drawing app and various others. All really great the Disney drawing app with Mickey Mouse entertained me for a good hour so I'm more than sure my son will love it!!
The great thing with the Leappad is you select the age of your child so in my case its toddler and the apps will adjust to his level then as he gets older the apps will get harder and have more relevant content. I found this really impressive and useful to know that he will get more and more out of the apps as he grows so that they don't get "easy" and hopefully he won't get bored so big thumbs up for that.
The software with the Leappad is the same as the Innotab you wont be able to use it on a notebook it needs the full size PC screen which is annoying but it is what it is!
I think the things that I am most impressed with on the Leappad is the accessories you can purchase. There is a rechargeable battery pack made by LeapFrog which you put in and then they charge in the device pretty much like you would charge a phone or tablet and this really gives it an edge over the Innotab which your options there are a power lead, forking out over and over for batteries or buying standard rechargeable's which I personally have found to be pretty useless in these kind of toys I haven't personally tried the leapfrog rechargeable pack however all the reviews point to it being a very astute purchase and one I will be making when they come back in stock at the end of January.(Why didn't they organise a delivery before Christmas??!) I have bought the power lead and it works!! Its got a decent length on the cable and it looks nice its stylish in as far as a power lead can be stylish! Then there are the headphones good quality much stronger looking than the VTech offering which frankly are a waste of time and money. I've bought the case for the Leappad to be stored in and it's a quality robust item with slots for the games and a spare stylus and then I've seen you can buy a gel skin for added bounce when dropped and a car charger for those long journeys!
All in all I thought about it I played with them both and I decided to keep the Leappad2 and have sold on the Innotab2. My reasoning was that I don't really want my son just sat watching films on a tiny screen which is the main difference between the two you can put on your own films etc onto the Innotab and you can't with the Leappad but that's ok if we want to watch a film we can. The apps are good on both but Elmo and Sesame Street swung in the Leappads favour and especially the Disney Creative Cartoon app that was worth £7 it cost!! So yes very impressed with Leappad :)

Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue)
Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue)
Offered by Otherland

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for children who love gadgets!, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Vtech Innotab 2 (Blue) (Toy)
I've bought the Innotab2 this Christmas for my soon to be three year old son. He's obsessed with my iPhone and Kindle Fire especially taking photo's and videos so this seemed a good option especially as he grows and the educational element will be more relevant.
I choose this over the leappad2 as the option to expand the memory with a memory card and the ability to transfer films and music gave it the edge.
I've had it out to set up and play with ready for Christmas morning and these are my first impressions.
Its very robust and the twist camera is great as you can put it at various angles. I transferred a few movies without any hassle really easy to do if you download films anyway or have moved some onto your laptop as it was literally click drag and drop plug in the SD card and they played no problem.
The screem is a reasonable size and the picture quality was a pleasant surprise the built in stand that slides out on the back is a great idea for this function.
The actual tablet itself the loading times are slow especially if you're comparing it to an iPhone or a Kindle Fire, there's a lot of loading screens and it takes it time to "warm" up however its not ridiculous and for what it is, essentially a kids toy, its not excessive time that your waiting.
The screen responded well and the stylus worked no problem I would have liked VTech to have supplied a attachment string for the stylus as I can see it getting lost but you can do this yourself as the holes are there I just think it would have been better for VTech to have done this but you do get a spare stylus in the box so its not a massive issue just a little niggle!
The batteries get eaten pretty quick I used a set up, just setting it up so I have now ordered a power cable and will get some rechargeable as I can see that becoming a money pit!!
I love that it can be personalised so I've put my sons photo and name on a profile and recorded a happy christmas message from Mummy and Daddy for when he first turns it on, I liked that I was able to do that gives it a nice touch and obviously he can record his own once he's got it so that was good!!
The games that are on it are ok nothing amazing but I'm sure my son will enjoy, the free cartridge it comes with is ok I've looked around the learning lodge where you purchase other ebooks games and even films and there's a reasonable selection although again nothing amazing but enough for a young child to enjoy and if you are tech savy you could like me put your own films and music on. I do think they're a little pricey for what they are but then the actual game cartridges are quite expensive and thats a given with these sort of toys.
You will need to set the Innotab up prior to Christmas morning as it doesn't have full functionality until its been connected to a PC and it was at this stage I found quite a big issue. The Software that you have to install on a PC called the learning lodge navigator will only work properly on a PC! I myself use a notebook and was disappointed to find you can't transfer your purchases etc over because VTechs software isn't compatible with smaller screens and their response when I contacted them was simply "it clearly states on the packaging only compatible with a PC" so not the most helpful of customer service!! I have found a fiddly and annoying work around which is to use your smart keys on the keyboard to rotate the screen onto its side and then you can with some messing around move your mouse onto the transfer button but in all honesty in this day and age you would think that VTech could make software that worked on a netbook! I'm sure it does say somewhere in teeny tiny print must be connected to a PC but I didn't see it when I bought it and in all honesty I probably wouldn't have purchased it had I known the faffing I would have to endure!
The other niggle is that the accessories aren't readily available I would like to buy the matching headphones however I've so far only found them here on amazon and at £26 Im not buying as realistically they will get broken and thats a crazy price! I havent yet found anywhere that sells the gelskin to give extra bounce when dropped!
All that said I think my son will really enjoy the Innotab2 and although he's not in the prescribed age range I think he's going to have fun with it especially taking photos and videos and as I said I think the educational part will be something he can grow into so I'm hoping it will last a few years at least. I actually won the Leappad2 so I will be having a look at that when it arrives to see how it compares but overall faffing and poor software aside I think I have made the right choice! Hope that helps!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 7:46 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2