Profile for beckycorr > Reviews

Any Road
Any Road
Offered by music_by_mail_uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Any Road - George at his very best !, 15 May 2003
This review is from: Any Road (Audio CD)
I first heared this song on TOTP's 2 and I thought " wow very Beatle like " and after listing to it more, I love it. George Harrison has gone back to his roots. This song is all about his Beatles years and where life took him. It's nice to hear a song which makes you happy, rather then cry. George was very deep man who had a huge love for music. This song has a deep side to it and I think it will be a huge hit. It's a shame, George cant be here to see this song become a smash. All I will say it George Harrison will be missed in the music world. I hope that his music and spirit can live on through this song and his new album.

To Whom It May Concern
To Whom It May Concern
Offered by encorerecords

5.0 out of 5 stars Like father, like daughter, 20 April 2003
This review is from: To Whom It May Concern (Audio CD)
" To Whom It May Concern " is the first album from the daughter of Elvis Presley, Lisa Marie Presley. This is the most long awaited ablum and believe me you wont be let down. To Whom It May Concern is outstanding. Lisa Marie Presley has made a album of pop, blue's and heartache. Every song on this cd is great but my fave's are S.O.B, Lights Out, Better Beware, Nobody Noticed it and So Lovely. It's hard to pick one song coz it's all different but great. Light's Out deals with the fact Lisa Marie will be buried with her family in Glacelands and Nobody Noticed It is about her love for her father.
I believe Elvis himself would be proud. Lisa Marie has the same rich voice and the love for music. This album shows that she has talent and has come along way in her life. From the only child of Elvis Aaron Presley to a great woman and a wonderful singer. This album is outstanding and I only hope we hear and see more of Lisa Marie Presley.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Before the lambs came the dragon, 19 Oct. 2002
This film is wonderful. The remake of Manhunter is far better then the first verson in my book. Sir Antony Hopkins once again plays Lector is such ease and the way he speaks his lines are still spellbending and magical. Ed Norton is just great as Will Graham who Lector tries to kill but fails big time. Ed and Antony are a classic act in this film. Then comes Ralph Fiennes who is the evil and good Francis Dolarhyde. This character is great but very sad. At times I wanted to reach out and just hug him and make him feel better. One of the sweetest things was then he got himself a girlfriend played by Emily Waston. It was very sweet and cute and they were a sweet together. I also liked Harvey Keitel is good. His charactar is really cool. But for me the best was as always Hannibal Lector. No one can stop him from working his evil plan on the world. And the line at the end * which I wont give away* will make u laugh. This film is wonderful and I only hope Sir Antony will come back and play Lector one more time.....this world wouldnt be the same without him really.

The Silence of the Lambs [DVD] [1991]
The Silence of the Lambs [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Jodie Foster
Offered by figswigs

5.0 out of 5 stars The Silence of the lambs - A all time classic, 9 Oct. 2002
I was just 16 when I first saw this wonderful film. I never really was a fan of Sir Antony Hopkins work but after seeing this film I became a huge fan. This film is very dark, scary but it never falls to show me new stuff. I loved Lector and Clarice who make a great team and Jodie is just powerful. I love everything this film can give us and it will always be a classic. The best thing on the other DVD is Antony Hopkin's phone message. Its a funny thing but I've used to have it on my phone.
Buy this DVD now coz it will never let you down.

Jailhouse Rock [VHS]
Jailhouse Rock [VHS]
VHS
Offered by auczobe

5.0 out of 5 stars Jalihouse Rock - The best Elvis film ever made!, 24 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Jailhouse Rock [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Before the 60's films that made Elvis a joke came Jailhouse Rock. This film will forever go down in history as his best loved movie and soundtrack. Before the world of pop video came Jailhouse Rock and no one could stop the powerful force of Elvis on or off screen! Elvis wanted to be James Dean, the teen rebel, and in this film Elvis was just that. Elvis acted great in this film and I believe he would have become a huge film star but the army stopped that.
Jailhouse Rock is my fave Elvis film. I loved all his early films but this one stands out from the rest. The 60's films were a joke but in the 50's Elvis ruled the film world. He acted like James Dean, he became that film rebel. This film should have been released again this year but I can live with watching it on video like everyone esle.
I give this film 5/5. There is no other music film that stands out like Jailhouse Rock!

Elvis: That's The Way It Is [DVD] [1970]
Elvis: That's The Way It Is [DVD] [1970]
Dvd ~ Elvis Presley
Offered by alentertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The real Elvis - The way he was, 23 Sept. 2002
I never seen Elvis live but this come close. This DVD shows you the real Elvis before the gig and then the man who was the King. The before films show him laughing and messing around before the real deal. On stage, no one could stop him. He was a powerful force. The voice, the style, the way he moved around is outstanding. The band behind him made everything run like clockwork but it was Elvis who made it look like childs play. Elvis was and still is the KING!
The outstanding parts are: the wonderful Polk Salad Annie and the great Suspicious Minds. I never seen a man so sexy and move so freely in my life. I sit there open mouthed as I watched Elvis knock everyone dead and I'm sure everyone wanted to be there while they watched. One Nite is also one of my fave parts coz the way he tells the band what to play hehe. He had them all in my hands and they loved it. The fans were the same. All Elvis had to do was smile, laugh or bend down and they were screaming for more.
Elvis Aaron Presley is the KING. No one can stop what he started and this DVD proves that no matter what happens in this world....Elvis is still the KING! If your not sure about Elvis....buy this DVD and then ur see the King in action....and ur be blow away!
5/5 from me :)

Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits
Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Always the KING of rock and roll, 23 Sept. 2002
This review is from: Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (Audio CD)
I have got got this cd and all I can say is WOW! Elvis Aaron Presley died 25 years ago and still he can sell like no other singer in the world. This cd is for his real fans. Every song is a smash hit and very song tells us a story. His voice still makes me melt and the way he sings to you is mind blowing. From Heartbreak Hotel down to Little Less Convertsion...this cd is a real seller. It will make Elvis more bigger and better then ever and this proves he is always gonna be the one and only KING of rock and roll.

Page: 1 | 2