Profile for Marlet > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
W7 Hollywood Bronze and Glow 13 g
W7 Hollywood Bronze and Glow 13 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain, 5 Mar. 2017
I bought this as a possible dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar bronze and glow kit. It arrived intact and not damaged in anyway. I was a bit worried that it would look orange, or too glittery, but I'm really pleased with it. The bronzer is a nice cool tone - there is a slight shimmer to it but not too much and you don't look like you've dunked your face in a pot of sparkle! The highlighter is subtle but again, a nice tone that I think would suit most. The powder is really silky and so easy to blend. The only downside is that the pigmentation isn't too great - on the other hand, this means you can build up the colour to your own needs. Overall, I think that although this is not an exact dupe, I like it for everyday use. Can't really complain at that price!

Ecandy 15000mAh Solar Power Bank Dual USB Port ,Rainproof Dustproof Shockproof Solar Charger with LED Lighting and SOS Function for iPhone Samsung Galaxy S6, S6, Edge S5, S4, S3 Cellphone Tablet ,Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for camping, 9 Aug. 2016
I love going camping, but it is a pain in the backside running out of charge on your phone. I know you can get electric hook-ups for camping these days, but we only go for a few nights and it’s not worth buying all the extra gear. I’ve seen solar chargers similar to this before and have been very tempted, but back then they were quite expensive!

This model is a good price - £21.99 is a price I am happy to pay! My first impression on opening the box was how good quality it seems. It is reassuringly sturdy (I’m very clumsy!) and I love the fact the battery is encased in rubber. This makes it easy to grip as well as making it water resistant. I wouldn’t be dropping it into glasses of water to check, mind! It’s so simple to use – you can charge it up with the USB cable (supplied), or if you’re out and about, you can charge it in the sun. A carabiner is supplied so you can hook it to a rucksack, for example.

The battery arrived three quarters charged, so I put it on the windowsill to see if it would charge from the sun there. It did so straightaway – the end light flashes green to show you it is being solar charged. If you press and hold down the power button for a second, it switches on the LED light. This has 2 settings, constantly on or flashing the SOS signal. It is really bright so will be useful when I’m stumbling round the campsite at night, searching for the loos!

I love the fact you can charge 2 devices at the same time, it means no arguing over whose phone gets charged! It charged my phone up really quickly actually, compared to my standard charger. I’m planning on using this to take to work as well, for when my phone (always) runs out of battery. Although I was sent this free of charge as a sample by the supplier, I am thrilled with it and would happily pay full price as it suits my needs perfectly.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mackertop® [Updated Version] Professional 10 Pcs Soft Oval Toothbrush Makeup Brush Sets Foundation Brushes Cream Contour Powder Blush Concealer Brush Makeup Cosmetics Tool Set
Offered by Official MackerTop Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible quality and comprehensive selection, 3 Aug. 2016
I love beauty products and I’ve seen various blogs and articles about this new style of brushes, so I thought I would treat myself! I was quite surprised at how large the box was when it arrived – it almost felt like Christmas! They would make a great gift for any beauty lover. On the back of the box, there are photos of the brushes with each brush given a different number. I have no idea what for, as there are no instructions given – this is the only negative I can say about these brushes, so I’ll get it out of the way before the gushing begins. I think the seller should include instructions and/or tips on how to best use them. I ended up looking on YouTube for this instead.

The brushes themselves are really good quality – they are densely packed, super fine hair and there was no shedding whatsoever. The plastic handle feels really sturdy and comfortable in your hand. There is a fab selection of various sizes – I can’t think of anything they have missed out. They make buffing in your foundation and cream make up a doddle. They do pick up a lot more product than my conventional brushes though, especially powder products. Overall I think these are a great buy – the whole set of these brushes is the same price for one single Mac one!

I received a sample of this product at a huge discount to evaluate and provide an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

ChiTronic 5 in 1 Multi-Function Portable Facial Skin Care Electric Massager Scrubber with Facial Latex Brush Cosmetic Sponge (Batteries not included)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the low cost, 2 Aug. 2016
I’ve tried several different face cleansing brushes before, but I haven’t tried one that has all these different functions! Once I’d put batteries in it (requires 2 AA batteries, not included), I used the brush head to cleanse my face with face wash. It lathered up brilliantly but didn’t feel harsh at all. In fact, it feels incredibly gentle. I’ve got to say, my skin did feel really clean afterwards! I would suggest that there could be more instructions included, as to which brush head is used for what though.

I applied my usual moisturiser then used the massage head to massage the cream into my skin. It felt lovely! I think it helped my cream sink into my skin better than normal. I’ve since used the sponge head with my cleansing balm; I’ve got to be honest and say I don’t think I will get as much use out this particular head as the others – I don’t think it made any difference. I’ve used the pumice on the tough skin on my heels and I was disgusted at the amount of skin it removed! Shows how good it works though.

Overall, this is a really good piece of kit. It would make a nice stocking filler for a teenager maybe, or just for yourself. I like the fact that it has two speeds and you can clean the heads after use. Although I purchased this set at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review, it wasn’t free and it doesn’t affect how I test it out. It’s a nice, budget way of trying out this type of cleansing system without breaking the bank.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Exercise Ball - Yoga Swiss Ball with Hand Pump - Gym Quality Fitness Ball for Women and Men - (Silver - 65 cm)
Offered by Starwood Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 1 Aug. 2016
I was advised to get an anti-burst Yoga ball by my Physiotherapist. I have issues with the balance system in my ears and she advised me to get one and sit on this instead of the sofa. According to her, this will force me to use my core to balance naturally, which will in turn assist me to walk without wobbling all over the place! She also advised me that it will help with my lower back pain.
It arrived swiftly and comes with everything you need to get it going straight out of the box – a hand pump, plugs, plug remover and an exercise chart. Now I’ll be honest and say I’m not interested in the exercise component of this – I purely want it for sitting on, so I can’t comment on those aspects of it. I can say that it is very comfortable to sit on and it definitely helps with my balance. My stomach muscles were really sore the day after I first used it, although I didn’t feel uncomfortable at the time. So you’re getting a mini workout just by sitting on it! I’m really happy with it and happily recommend it.

I received a sample of this product for free to evaluate and provide an unbiased review
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2016 3:11 AM BST

Audi R8 Style RC Remote Radio Controlled Toy Car with Lights - PL9136 Electric Radio Controlled Audi R8 Style RC Car -1:18 Model - Ready to Run, EP (Metallic)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for your inner kid, 1 Aug. 2016
I actually got this remote control car as a gift for my Dad, who at 63, is still a boy at heart! I received the chrome gold colour, which did have a few minor scratches on. Nothing major though and I only noticed them as I scrutinised it thoroughly for this review. Certainly, I would not have said that this was a previously used item. You need 6 AA batteries to run this – 4 for the car itself and 2 for the remote (not included). You have to unscrew the battery compartment to install these, so you will need a small Phillips screwdriver. On the bottom of the box, you are provided with basic instructions on how to use.

I think in my Dad’s eyes, I am now the number 1 favourite child; I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so excited! He had it up and running down the garden in no time, and was thrilled when the headlights came on! I found this hilarious; my Mum just shook her head and went inside in disgust. I think this is a bargain - a cheap way of having a bit of fun. It’s really good quality for how little it costs.

Chicwe Women's 3/4 Sleeves Notched Front Neck Plus Size Tunic Blouse Black, 18
Chicwe Women's 3/4 Sleeves Notched Front Neck Plus Size Tunic Blouse Black, 18
Offered by chicwe

5.0 out of 5 stars Really flattering, 1 Aug. 2016
This is a nice, every day, plus size top. I actually got this for my Mum as I knew she would like the pattern. It’s good quality and well made – I checked the stitching and it’s all good; there are no loose threads or wonky hems here. I ordered the size my Mum is usually – 18 – and it fit her perfectly. She really likes it! It skims nicely over any lumps and bumps and it’s cut to flatter the figure. It drapes nicely over your stomach area and skims past your wobbly bits! My mum is also a fan of the three quarter length sleeves. It's one of those tops that look even better on.

The top is true to photos provided by the seller. It comes packed in a ziplock bag, and there is tissue paper to protect the top. I would recommend this – it’s clear that the seller understands the needs of plus size ladies, and has made a huge effort to provide clothes that flatter.

Comment Comment | Permalink

42 Pack Non-Trace Hardwall Drywall Picture-Hanging Hook Clock Hanger Wall Picture Hook Frame for Hanging Paintings Wedding Photos Mirror Wall Studs
Offered by iVenus Co

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mixed set, 1 Aug. 2016
I wanted these as I am having a very delayed spring cleaning session! I live in a small apartment and the lack of available space is driving me insane. There is also something very satisfying about bashing things in with a hammer, especially when you’ve had a bad day at work! I love that these hooks are pre-installed with pins, so no worrying about having enough nails, or the right sized ones. I have been dancing around my flat, hammering these in everywhere – in my kitchen and bathroom for towel hooks, the back of my larger cupboards is now home to my big, heavy rucksack and spare shopping bags. Anything I can hang up, is now hung up.

The set is made from really sturdy plastic and I haven’t broken any yet, which is always a good sign for me. There is enough variety to cover pretty much everything you may wish a hook to do. Really good quality, as always with eBoot. Highly recommended for all DIY fans, even novices like myself!

Volador 3D Effect Shower Curtain Heavy Duty 100% EVA Bathroom Curtain with Curtain Hooks, 180x180cm, Mildew Free, Clear 3D Cube Pattern, Waterproof
Offered by Volador UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't cling to your skin! Yay!, 1 Aug. 2016
I’ve got a bit of a hate/hate relationship with shower curtains, but unfortunately I have to have one. I hate the way they cling to you when you’re showering and the way they go mouldy, even if you wash them regularly. Urgh. I was attracted to this one because it promised not to do that.

It looks even nicer in real life than it does on the photos. It was easy to put up and seems to catch the light and sparkle, if that makes any sense. The 3D element of the cubes really stands out. I was dreading it being really thick and heavy, but it’s not really – it’s a lot lighter than you’d think. The best part is it doesn’t cling to my wet skin and feel all slimy! So far, it’s been a doddle to keep clean, with just a squirt of shower cleaning and a cloth. I’m not going to say I love it, because I hate all shower curtains with a violent passion. But for something so horrible, it’s up there with the best.

ThumbsUp Nails Awe Iridescent Marble Nail Wraps / Self-adhesive / Nail Foil Polish Strips / Full Coverage Nail Art Stickers / 20 Wraps Per Pack
Offered by ThumbsUpNails

5.0 out of 5 stars These look brilliant on, 30 July 2016
I've actually had nail wraps from Thumbs Up Nails before, from a monthly beauty box subscription I have, so I know they're good quality. I ordered these particular ones as I love the design of them and I wanted them to wear for my friend's wedding next week. They arrived the next day (Prime) so I cleaned my nails of old polish and set to applying them.

My nails are in a terrible state at the minute - they're forever splitting and breaking, so these wraps will protect them from those issues whilst on. They are easy to apply - the instructions are clear and easy to follow. The first time I used these, I made a bit of a mess applying them wonky and lopsided, but you can just peel them off and re-apply to straighten. They look amazing when on, even on my short and stubby nails right now!

Once you have applied them to your satisfaction, I find it's best to apply a clear top coat to seal them on. This will make them even shinier, as well as prolong their use. They are easy to remove when you're ready, you can either use nail polish remover or just peel them off! I prefer these to standard nail polish now; for me, they protect my nails and look fab! Although I bought these wraps at a discounted price in exchange for my review (they were not free), I happily recommend these and have already bought more in different designs :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9