Profile for Aleksandra J. > Reviews

Content by Aleksandra J.

Aleksandra J. (Co. Meath, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sail Sail Away! Check the pic attached, 25 May 2016
One of my most favourite yarns of all. I made at least 8 hats, two sweaters for my better half and he is still asking for more! Very soft and warm, high quality. Engaging colors. Great both for knitting and crochet. Ordered bulk qty from Minerva Crafts few months ago and used mixed colors for hats and letters on the jumper, absolutely pleasure to knit with! Including pic of one of the hats i made, crochet using basketweave stitch, in blue.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Game of Thrones - Season 1-4 [DVD] [2015]
Game of Thrones - Season 1-4 [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean

4.0 out of 5 stars Refresher DVD set before new season, 25 May 2016
I am devoted follower of GOT, years ago started by reading books before HBO released fantasy drama television series. Its good to have this DVD set on rainy weekends by the fire, to watch it alone (cheese and wine to snack on) or with loved ones around you (cheese and wine too, ha). Purchased season 5 separately and currently watching on SKY season 6... amazing! However, it is good to have the whole set as refresher, just month before new season starts. It os good every single time i watch it!

Multi-size Interchangeable Circular Bamboo Knitting pin Case
Multi-size Interchangeable Circular Bamboo Knitting pin Case
Offered by ballhankandskein

5.0 out of 5 stars Get yourself Pony to travel away!, 25 May 2016
I was looking for a long time for ultimate set of light and durable interchangeable knitting needles that I can bring with me when i travel. Finally I purchased this Pony set in one of local craft shops in Ireland. This item is MUST-HAVE for all knitter, and i am not joking. I travel a lot by plane and recently decided to risk it and bring it on the plane in my cabin bag. The security scanned my bag, took the bag, opened ... stunned a bit looking at the whole set that looks like a surgical equipment with all those cables and connectors. I explained I am in the middle to knitting the jumper for my nephew and showed him half made project. A bit less stunned but seeing no danger, he let me go. Phew...I have made few trips with my Pony needles and it seems it is the solution for me and i believe it will be for all those ladies who love to bring the yarn and needles with them for holidays away.

Binky Women's Victoria Body Con Sleeveless Dress, Black, Size 10
Binky Women's Victoria Body Con Sleeveless Dress, Black, Size 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little black, 15 Sept. 2015
Absolutely stunning dress, high quality fabric and fits amazing - little black dress, perfect for any occasion. Im very pleased with it, especially that I usually do not buy dresses online, I prefer to try the dresses on in the shop.

Northern Exposure - Season 1-6 Complete (2011 Repackage) [DVD] [1990]
Northern Exposure - Season 1-6 Complete (2011 Repackage) [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Cynthia Geary

5.0 out of 5 stars The gift from myself to myself, 19 Feb. 2015
I have always wanted to have this box set at home...and i got it! Gift from myself to myself and one hell of a treat! Treat for mind and heart. If you never watched it, prepare yourself for as journey to small town that actually represents the human nature at large. Quirky and spiritual, funny and uplifting, metaphysical and profound...refreshing. Its happening not that long time ago but its captures the time before mobiles phones and social networking overtaken our day to day routine. When people TALK to each other, and LISTEN to each other and showed compassion. For me its like catharsis, contemplation over more important matters in life. Watch and see what you think about that...

BRITA Marella Cool Water Filter Jug - White, Starter Pack (3 Cartridges)
BRITA Marella Cool Water Filter Jug - White, Starter Pack (3 Cartridges)

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Fashioned Glass Bottle filled with chilled filtered water... high standard restaurant feel, 9 Sept. 2014
This is one of the smartest improvements in my household - swapping plastic bottled water into tasty and freshly filtered water from Brita. Its more environmentally friendly ( no plastic waste) and its real money saver. I used to buy at least 2 x 8 pack of 2l still water in plastic bottles a week and now i have fresh water anytime i need with no need of going to the shop. Recently i have found old-fashioned glass bottles in local charity shop and having this filled with chilled Britta filtered water, not only it looks amazing and very elegant at the dinner table but it tastes better chilled from glass than plastic bottle. Highly recommended purchase with extra filter cartridges that should last 9 months. Not bad, isnt it?

An American Prayer
An American Prayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaman and poet! Atavistic pleasure to listen, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: An American Prayer (Audio CD)
Shaman, poet, charismatic performer...all in one. American prayer is one of my favourite pieces created by Jim. Full of magic and new perception of world. World seen with eyes of Lizard King. Pure poetry that will linger in your mind and flow in your blood. Every time i listened to American prayer I felt like going into trans that led me to different levels of darkness, deepness, wilderness. Atavistic and prime. Still so intense... Lizard King welcomes all of us to experience the taste and flavors of shadows that are inside each of us... Enjoy Feast Of Friends!

The Honeymooners [DVD] [2004]
The Honeymooners [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Byrne
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars movie shot in over 18 days... Fair play!, 1 Sept. 2014
For a movie that was shot on small budget, on digital camera, over 18 days - it is just very impressing. Its charming, moving and very refreshing romantic comedy. I can watch it over and over again.

Beginner's Guide to Quilting: 16 projects to learn to quilt
Beginner's Guide to Quilting: 16 projects to learn to quilt
by Elizabeth Betts

5.0 out of 5 stars My first patchwork tote bag!, 6 Aug. 2014
Very beautiful projects, plenty of inspiration... i am a beginner quilter and the tips were greatly explained. I have chosen ideas from two projects - tote bag and star quilt and make my first patchwork tote bag. I have added picture of my first patchwork bag into product page well (straps will be made tonight but still check it out!). Anyway, Im going to the shops street tomorrow with my new bag and bells on! ha
Comment Comment | Permalink

Jelly Roll Scraps (Twenty to Make)
Jelly Roll Scraps (Twenty to Make)
by Carolyn Forster

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Money!, 1 April 2014
Its third book I purchased from the series ''Twenty To Make'' and i think those books are real great value for money. They are cheap and cheerful and still there are 20 projects to choose from. I watched couple of YouTube tutorials on patchworks using Jelly Roll Scraps and I wanted to back it up with some affordable book for practicing the newly learned YouTube skills. I havent found every project worth of trying but half of them are quiet cool... and i have already made one small bag, wahey! My sewing skills are still not great so it is good way of practicing before jumping into bigger projects, like quilts and blankets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3