Profile for June Buchanan > Reviews

WRITING FROM WITHIN: A Guide to Creativity and Life Story Writing
by Bernard Selling

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WRITTEN, CLEAR, ACCESSIBLE, 1 Feb. 2014
WELL WRITTEN, ACCESSIBLE, OPEN HEARTED

I facilitate creative and life story writing. I struggle to find support for my task, so to find a book like this where Bernard has had such extensive experience of doing what i do and in a somewhat similar way is a great gift.

The Medicine Wheel: Earth Astrology
The Medicine Wheel: Earth Astrology
by Sun Bear

4.0 out of 5 stars SOUND BUT SIMPLE, 22 Nov. 2013
the book has been around for a while, the teachings much longer. In this time of complexity and confusion they did my heart good.

Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living The Wisdom Of The Tao
Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living The Wisdom Of The Tao
by Dr Wayne W. Dyer

4.0 out of 5 stars A VALUABLE TOOL TO ACCESS DAILY WISDOM, 22 Nov. 2013
This book is the result of a year's devotion and concentrated inner work by a seasoned teacher. i recommend it highly.

Deep Medicine: Awakening the Healing Power of Your Inner Wisdom (Ions / Nhp)
Deep Medicine: Awakening the Healing Power of Your Inner Wisdom (Ions / Nhp)
by William Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise, helpful, 10 Oct. 2013
I liked the way this slim volume was written. I found myself agreeing with the author's perceptions. I am a therapist and have recommended this book to one of my clients who was feeling dissatisfied with the conventional medical model.

A Death in the Family: My Struggle Book 1 (My Struggle 1)
A Death in the Family: My Struggle Book 1 (My Struggle 1)
by Karl Ove Knausgaard

5.0 out of 5 stars A talented Writer, 10 Oct. 2013
Karl Ove Knausgaard portrays a profoundly moving description of his relationship with his father and the impact of his death.

Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
by Coleman Barks

5.0 out of 5 stars An exquisite gift, 10 Oct. 2013
I bought two additional copies of this as gifts because I find Coleman Barks translations of Rumi's poetry both profound and relevant today and wanted to share them with my friends.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2015 11:34 PM BST

Shantaram
Shantaram
by Gregory David Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint-hearted, 16 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Shantaram (Paperback)
I'm an avid reader who usually avoids books of more than 400 pages, but I read Shantaram's 923 pages in 9 days, in mostly 100 page chunks. My attention and admiration for the man and the writer never wavered. As a human being who tries to live consciously I was moved to tears, learned so much, especially about Afganistan and Mumbai and male survival bonding. This is one of, and possibly the best book I've ever read. I'll not lend it out because I'll treasure it and revisit it.

Moonshine in the Morning
Moonshine in the Morning
by Andrea McNicoll

5.0 out of 5 stars Armchair Travel, 24 July 2012
Armchair Travel

Andrea's first novel about the country, language and people she knows well has been a delightful read on Summer afternoons. As a one-time traveller I enjoyed being transported to the village, meeting the local characters, and recognising how the dynamics of that village are mirrored accross the planet. As a novice writer I was inspired, if somewhat overawed by her skill and fluency. Thanks, Andrea.