Profile for Di Coffey > Reviews

Content by Di Coffey

Di Coffey

Jeremy Corbyn: Accidental Hero (Squint Series)
Jeremy Corbyn: Accidental Hero (Squint Series)
by W.Stephen Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars A MP who doesn't give spin-doctor responses - a MP who doesn't give a damn about wearing suits! An honest MP - a rare breed!, 15 Nov. 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - not surprising as it's been written by W.Stephen Gilbert who wrote an acclaimed biography of Dennis Potter. It's the perfect introduction to Jeremy Corbyn if you don't know much about him and it provides a great insight into what makes the man tick. This book gives numerous examples of how the press is largely vilifying him, how he is regarded by fellow Labour MPs - and there is abundance of Labour Party history in connection with the miners' strike, former leaders et al. Jeremy Corbyn has taken the nation by surprise - including me! I found this book to be a fascinating read and I'm ordering another three copies to give to members of my family.

Croydex Anti-Bacterial Toilet Seat with Slow Close Hinges, White
Croydex Anti-Bacterial Toilet Seat with Slow Close Hinges, White

4.0 out of 5 stars A prompt refund, 16 Dec. 2014
I like it BUT it did not fit my toilet pan. I wish to put on record that a full refund has been promptly offered for its return and I am only sorry to have inconvenienced the firm supplying this toilet seat.

Anti-slip Shower Mat - Simply White
Anti-slip Shower Mat - Simply White

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Aug. 2014
Excellent product - promptly delivered

This Boy
This Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars A heartbreaking memoir, 2 July 2014
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
I shed tears throughout the time it took me to read this book. I've always been a Labour supporter but 'This Boy' will ensure I never waver at the ballot box.

Me
Me

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Me' - the personal history of a remarkable woman, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Me (Kindle Edition)
This is an engrossing, often very moving account of the life of a remarkable woman who has achieved so much, academically and creatively, coped with life's dramas and kept her sense of optimism. I thoroughly recommend this book.

Indoor Plant Stand (Corner Stand)
Indoor Plant Stand (Corner Stand)

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive plant stand, 25 Mar. 2014
Superb product promptly delivered. I recommend this plant stand. It enhances a corner of my bathroom and holds plants on the top shelves and towels on the bottom shelf.

The Americans Season 1
The Americans Season 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, furious,thrilling, 16 Mar. 2014
Took a chance on this one and started buying episodes. I wasn't disappointed. Everything from graphics of title to plot is truly thrilling.

Above The Parapet
Above The Parapet

5.0 out of 5 stars Alison Lock's 'Above The Parapet', 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Above The Parapet (Kindle Edition)
Alison Lock is a sensitive and talented writer and I thoroughly recommend this book. It's full of intriguing tales and utterly fascinating. Di Coffey

Friday Nights
Friday Nights
by Joanna Trollope

1.0 out of 5 stars Friday Nights, 19 April 2008
This review is from: Friday Nights (Hardcover)
How I wish I'd read Amazon readers' reviews of this novel before buying it. For weeks I've been forcing myself to 'give it another go' but time after time I've failed to become engrossed in the characters' lives. Such a disappointment from one of my favourite authors.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2009 4:43 PM GMT