Profile for avidreader > Reviews

Complete And Utter Zebu: The Shocking Lies We're Told Every Day
Complete And Utter Zebu: The Shocking Lies We're Told Every Day
by Simon Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 23 Dec. 2009
A really funny and illuminating book, and shocking to see how they try to manipulate us and pull wool over our eyes. A good present for anyone, particularly men who are difficult to buy for.

M Series USA Map (M Series U.S.A. Wall Maps)
M Series USA Map (M Series U.S.A. Wall Maps)
by Rand McNally

5.0 out of 5 stars goodbuy, 23 Dec. 2009
My daughter and her husband have been touring the States for the past year in a RV and I needed to see exactly where they were. The old school atlas was useless, but this was pinned up in my hall for reference and I could always find their location.

Ad Infinitum: A Biography of Latin
Ad Infinitum: A Biography of Latin
by Nicholas Ostler

4.0 out of 5 stars goodbuy, 23 Dec. 2009
My grandson is learning Latin, and since the rest of his family did not study the language, this should be an interesting addition to their books. It gives details of its history, influence on modern languages and definitions of many Latin phrases in everyday use.

They've Got Your Number...: Data, Digits and Destiny - how the Numerati are changing our Lives
by Stephen Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 23 Dec. 2009
This made a good present for one of the men in my life - interesting without being boring.