Profile for Mrs. B. Boughton > Reviews

Content by Mrs. B. Boughton

Mrs. B. Boughton "Springer Bev" (Coventry, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cotswold Sandringham Buckle-Up Wellington Gold UK 6
Cotswold Sandringham Buckle-Up Wellington Gold UK 6

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking boots!, 9 Nov. 2015
I need wellies twice a day for dog walking, but I've had real difficulty finding some that don't leak after a couple of weeks. These had good reviews, looked good (particularly as I opted for the gold ones!) and weren't too expensive (in my book, just over £20 isn't too expensive if they do the job). I noticed that quite a few reviews mentioned these wellies were quite close-fitting in the foot and quite slim in the leg. That was a plus point for me because I have quite slim legs and feet. So I ordered a size 6, my usual shoe size, and took the gamble I would still be able to squash fluffy insoles in the bottom. In fact, these wellies were a little on the big side. Just wearing them with fluffy insoles didn't work. They were very loose around the heel and rubbed a sore on my ankle immediately. I have had to start wearing them with wellie socks. This fills them out in the foot and the leg so they don't rub. But it's just a bit of a faff having to put socks on first. The acid test will be whether they survive without starting to leak. So far I've only had them a couple of weeks. I'll update my review if I find they start leaking.

Springer Spaniel Christmas Wrapping Paper 'Dashing Through The Snow' 6 Sheets + 6 Tags
Offered by Georgie Lou's

5.0 out of 5 stars Springers rule., 10 Oct. 2015
For Springer owners. What's not to love?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Stitching on one pocket was adrift but this was easily mended. I put this on every morning and, 3 Feb. 2015
Having reached the grand old age of 59, I was a onesie virgin. Never worn one in my life. But the recent cold weather kept drawing me back to the idea of warmth and comfort. And I have to said this is the cosiest item since the duvet. I am 5'6" tall and a size 12/14. This fitted well. Lovely cosy fleecy lining. Washes well (although can't be tumble-dried). Stitching on one pocket was adrift but this was easily mended. I put this on every morning and, left to my own devices, I would still have it on when I went to bed. It is SOOO warm and comfy. And the fact that it is nice and plain - no childish prints or cute animal ears - means I can even get away with walking the dog in it. Onesies? I could live in 'em.

Circulon Premier Professional - 5 Piece Pan Set
Circulon Premier Professional - 5 Piece Pan Set
Offered by SelectiveGoods

5.0 out of 5 stars I usually go for something like Tefal. Nothing wrong with them for the price ..., 29 Dec. 2014
These pans are the bee's knees! I usually go for something like Tefal. Nothing wrong with them for the price but the non-stick coating wears off after a few years. Decided to splash a little more cash and go up-market a bit this time. Looked wistfully at Le Creuset but reviewers warned they really are heavy to use. Set forward Circulon which a small army of reviewers recommended. Didn't like the pan sets with stainless steel lids but then I discovered this set with glass lids. And at a very reasonable price! When they arrived, I was a very happy bunny. Extremely good looking, sturdy and weighty enough to feel the business. I have used them every day for the last few days. They are a joy to use and they wash up beautifully. The big 20 cm pan has two small handles rather than the usual single handle. This makes it much easier to manage when full. They don't have steam vents but this turns out to be no problem at all. My only gripe is that the 20 cm fry pan, great though it is, is too small for a family meal, so I'm just going to have to save up for a bigger one!

Ladies Colourful Novelty Festive Christmas Socks (Merry Crimbo Black)
Ladies Colourful Novelty Festive Christmas Socks (Merry Crimbo Black)
Offered by TeddyT's

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful. Ideal way to brighten up my ..., 19 Dec. 2014
Cheap and cheerful. Ideal way to brighten up my last Pilates class and my last Nordic walk before Christmas. Needs the addition of Santa hat and Christmas tree earrings though.

Ladies Velour Wedge Heel Mule Slippers BLACK size 5 UK
Ladies Velour Wedge Heel Mule Slippers BLACK size 5 UK
Offered by The Slippers Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars An okay slipper, 26 Nov. 2014
I bought these by mistake really. I had been searching for Fly Flot slippers, which is the make I normally buy, and these had crept into the Amazon list. I had ordered size 5 because I know this is the size I take in Fly Flot. When the slippers arrived, I realised my mistake. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find they fit well. I take a 5.5 or 6 in shoes normally and have fairly slim feet. I like the fact that they have a slight heel and, as with the Fly Flot, the sole is solid enough for you to wear when popping out to the garden. They are comfortable but provide good support to the foot. The only style issue I have with these slippers is the gold trim which just looks cheap and granny-ish, hence four stars not five.

Magic Beads Double Women/Ladies Hair Clip Stretchy Hair Combs Clips (Style 8-Black)
Offered by Cloud 9

1.0 out of 5 stars As much use as a chocolate teapot., 4 Nov. 2014
Well, I am surprised that other people found this hair clip was worth five stars. I ordered it because it was extremely pretty and also extremely cheap! However, the plain fact is that I can't use it because it won't grip my hair. I already have a similar hair clip but this one has proper combs that hold my hair well. This one, as you see from the picture, has a series of fine metal loops. These don't hold my hair at all. As soon as I coil my hair and push the grip in, the hair springs straight out. No use whatsoever.

The Garlic Twist- the 3rd Generation
The Garlic Twist- the 3rd Generation
Offered by Trishas House

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gadget in the kitchen!, 3 Jun. 2014
Brilliant little device! Mashes up garlic or ginger perfectly. You can twist it back and forth to gather the mashed garlic into two little triangles to scoop it out. No waste at all. Some people say it's still a bit awkward to get the very last bits out from between the teeth. This is where I use my second-best gadget in the kitchen - the silicon pastry brush. You just swish it round the inside and between the teeth, scrape the brush against your pan to gather even more very last bits, and then sling the brush in the dishwasher. It's the work of a moment, you don't have garlicky hands and every scrap of garlic is used. Genius gizmo!

Ladies Long Sleeve Fluffy Furry Cute Love Heart Women's Warm Jumper Sweater [Black, ONE SIZE (UK 8-14)]

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor value, 25 Feb. 2014
I ordered this jumper because I needed a black outfit with a big red heart on it for a dance performance. There is nothing wrong with it (or I would have contacted the vendor) but I can't say I am over the moon with it. It is advertised as one-size. I am a size 12 and it is close-fitting on me, so beware if you are larger. The sleeves are rather short and I have to wear them pushed up. It's nice fluffy material. I'd have been happy if it was a bargain price but at the price it is, I can't say it is good value.

Lightweight High Visibility Hi Vis Viz Ladies Womens Showerproof Cycling Over Jacket [ALL SIZES AVAILABLE] (Fluo Yellow, 14 - L)
Offered by MK Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for cyclists, 25 Feb. 2014
I bought this jacket to make me more visible when cycling. I like the fit (slightly shaped) and it's nice and bright. One of the pockets is zipped (which is useful to stop things falling out when you're cycling) and inside this pocket there's a stretchy strap so that if you want, you can fold the whole jacket up into the pocket and then strap it onto your back. It's more than adequate at keeping me dry in the rain. However, it's not breathable fabric. So if you get warm, it gets steamy inside and makes your clothes damp. I notice that another reviewer bought one for running and found it unsuitable for this purpose, and I can see why. It's fine for cycling to the shops on a chilly day, but it won't be any good for wearing in warmer weather or for a more strenuous bike ride. Nevertheless, it's excellent value for money for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5