Profile for simm5000 > Reviews

Content by simm5000

simm5000 "simm5000"

Morning Wellness Tea (box of 16 teabags)
Morning Wellness Tea (box of 16 teabags)
Offered by Better Yourself Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for mild nausea, 21 Jan. 2013
This isn't going to do much for severe morning sickness, but it definitely helps get that horrid taste of your mouth when you're feeling nauseous. This is my second packet so it must be good!

BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the hype at all, 16 Oct. 2011
This monitor had some excellent reviews so I bought it when on sale. Really disappointed. To be fair the sound is very clear, BUT:

1) Battery life on the parent unit is rubbish - it doesn't last through the night and worryingly it doesn't beep or anything when the battery's about to run out, so you can be sitting there in the evening without a functioning monitor and not even realise.

2) Interference - there is a really high pitched screeching sound when the parent unit is anywhere near the monitor part. Has woken my baby!

3) It is really easy to hit the mute button on top of the parent unit, which again means that you may be in complete silence from your baby.

Financial Times - UK Edition
Financial Times - UK Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool - means I can actually read the FT, 24 Oct. 2010
Overall this has made my life a LOT easier. I never have the time, or space on my busy tube journey, to physically flick through the entire FT each morning. It is also costly to buy the paper version (think it's £2 per day). Using FT.com is also not an option for me, as most of my commute is underground, and I like to read the paper before I arrive at work. With the Kindle version, I am able to browse and read all the articles, even underground. It delivers itself wirelessly each morning, and I then access it when I'm on the train. I don't read the entire thing - always the front page articles (which are helpfully categorised in a section called `Front page'), the companies and markets section and Lex. All sections are categorised and you can browse through the headlines (with a small intro) for each article. There is also a useful feature that enables you to `clip' articles that are then saved automatically to the clippings section of your kindle so you can store them for easy and future reference. I tend to use this a lot.

There are some drawbacks, which I ought to point out here, although to be honest these are small things. For example, I have heard that not all articles are included - although I think I normally see what I need to. The other drawback is the lack of pictures, graphs etc - although for key articles, pictures are included. I would also like the articles on the kindle version to make some reference to which page they are on in the paper version. Somehow this helps me understand the importance / prominence of each news item. I would also like to be able to browse through the headlines of the entire paper. For example, at the moment I have to browse through the `Companies and Markets' article list, and then `Companies and Markets UK', and then `Companies and Markets World'. I wish these were all in one list.

Overall, what you are getting is the FT - you can read all the important news of the day with little chance of missing anything. If you are the kind of person that likes to sit back with your breakfast and read the paper from cover to cover, this is not for you. For those who are in a rush in the mornings, or have a busy commute, it is ideal - a LOT more convenient than reading a huge paper.

FRANCE: THE ROUGH GUIDE.
FRANCE: THE ROUGH GUIDE.
by Kate and Tim Salmon. Baillie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic even for a student backpacker, 26 April 2001
I lived in France for a year and travelled a great deal with my rucksack, and this book was like my bible. There were so many times I would have got lost without the maps inside. The best thing is that you even know where the tourist office is before you arrive, and all of the information was spot on. I used this book especially in the South of France and in Corsica, and what I found especially useful was the 'classmark sysytem' of the price of hotels and youth hostels. We had most of it booked before we even arrived, which was such a godsend when we arrived there knackered! The ONLY problem was that it was quite heavy to carry around - but a small price to pay.... Don't go there without it!

Jack Dee: Live In London [VHS] [1999]
Jack Dee: Live In London [VHS] [1999]
VHS
Offered by Discountdiscs-UK : Dispatched daily from the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars A successfully sarcastic individual - absolutely hilarious!, 18 April 2001
Well, it's now official that the whole nation loves Jack Dee after Big Brother, but I'll bet half of them haven't even seen him at his true best, on stage in a suit that "reminds him of a Sainsbury's uniform"... I was actually there on the night this was filmed, but seeing the video, it is just as cracking as when it was live. Fans of Jack's sarcasm will be rolling about on the floor.