Profile for H. Fisher > Reviews

Mummy Never Told Me
Mummy Never Told Me
by Babette Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Mummy Never Told Me (Paperback)
Awesome book discussing the normalities of life that sometimes people mistakenly try to protect their children from. Children tend to be curious rather than judgemental. They may, on occasion, be upset by a truth they dislike. They are, almost always, frightened by things they don't understand. This book can help open a dialogue about those things they don't understand and are possibly afraid of. Also, it'll give you a good giggle if you're needing a break from fairy princesses at bedtime.

Moto G Flip Cover - Turquoise
Moto G Flip Cover - Turquoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick., 1 Feb. 2014
I bought one of these after accidentally calling 999 while my phone was in my pocket. I wanted to avoid doing that again an protect my screen from damage. Most phone cases add a fair bit of bulk to the phone, as this one replaces the battery cover it doesn't. The phone still feels nice and slim.
The texture is nice too and I have a better grip of the phone when I'm texting, the case has that handy dimple in the back too which help you hold the phone comfortably.

The color is quite dull, had a black case been available I'd have chosen that. As I have the turquoise one at least I'll find my phone in a pile of smart phones. 18 quid is a bit steep but the cover does the job and looks like it'll last.

IVSO® Slim Bluetooth Keyboard / Stand / Carrying Cover for Google Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Tablet (2013 Version) (BLACK Keys)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 21 Dec. 2013
Fits the Nexus snugly and has the feel of a premium quality case when they are paired. Yes, the keys are small, it's a 7" tablet, what would you expect. Ater a little practice I can touch type. It took a little while to get used to the section of case that helps clip the keyboard to the tablet getting in the way of the spacebar but now I hardly notice it. When I'm working away from home I just shove my Nexus 7 in my handbag instead of carrying around a laptop. This little keyboard come hard case is excellent value for money and so far the keyboard holds its charge well.

Freeloader Globetrotter Solar Charger
Freeloader Globetrotter Solar Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic expectations., 7 May 2013
I don't know much about electronics. I'm pretty much at the level of 'Iphone needs lots, sunlight give little.' I think the usefulness of this kind of product depends on your expectations. If you plan to power a smart phone in the UK so you can use it as a GPS you don't stand a chance. There's just not enough sun to generate enough power for that (unless you want to carry around some really big solar panels! If you want a bit of emergency power to do a quick email check or to get you out of trouble then this will work just fine. I use it to keep my Nokia 100 topped up when I'm camping or treking. (My map and compass work without electricity or mobile phone signal, lucky me eh?!) 4 hours of UK sunshine will give the phone about a half charge. On good days I top up my ipod with it too.

The Essential Guide To Travel Health: don't let Bugs Bites and Bowels spoil your trip
by Jane Wilson-Howarth

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Nov. 2012
This little book is now at the top of my packing list along with 'passport' and 'tickets'. It is written with a calm, common sense approach and with a layout that makes it easy to find information in a bit of a panic. If your youngster is off on a Gap Year they may not thank you for giving them something so practical and heavy to take along with them as a book (and this one is not exactly heavy). Buy it anyway and stuff it in their rucksack when they're not looking. It'll give them a chance to avoid the avoidable nasties and will give them a giggle as they read some of the anecdotes when they discover that the TV in Laos is not up to much! While you're at it, get a copy for yourselves, it's an oddly fun read for a book about bugs, beasties and illness.

Astounding Knits!: 101 Spectacular Knitted Creations and Daring Feats
Astounding Knits!: 101 Spectacular Knitted Creations and Daring Feats
by Lela Nargi

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth adding to the shelves, 15 Oct. 2012
This kind of book generally has a fleeting novelty value. Five minutes of 'Oooooohhhhh look, a knitted tank' then the rest of it's life spent gathering dust under a bookshelf. This one is a little different. No patterns but a whole range of astounding knits from the macabre such as cosies for gravestones or the 'man eating crochet' to the beautigul such as the knitted landscape. Lots of interesting information (but not too much) and a tonne of images to inspire your knitting.

Circular Knitting Workshop
Circular Knitting Workshop
by Margaret Radcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 6 Oct. 2012
I've been knitting in the round for donkey's years and bought this book to try to expand my knowledge. Wow it's good! Don't be intimidated by it's enourmouse size, it's very well designed and written in a friendly acciaaible manner. There's something in it for everyone and rather than devote whole sections to patterns (which I never knit) it has basic patterns which can be adapted. It's very good for finding tips and ideas to improve your knitting and for working out solutions to those niggling little problems like unwanted laddering. It's now on my 'very useful' shelf!

Gelert Mini Hammock - Olive / Stuffsack
Gelert Mini Hammock - Olive / Stuffsack

5.0 out of 5 stars It's certainly mini, 30 July 2012
I'm small, very small, 5'2" and weigh 8 stone. When i first put this up to sleep in I was a little nervous that i would have a very uncomfortable night. It felt really small (I'd previously used a standard sized hammock of the same type which tended to cocoon me. It turned out i have a very comfortable night. It's solid and secure and I found when I woke up in the morning that I'd managed to roll over on my side and curl up in a ball without falling out. I'm really pleased with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 May 2012
This is a great trimmer for the price. I love that instead of hundreds of little comb attachments (an I always seem to lose at least 1) there are just the two which allow you to cut a good range of lengths. There's no fuss with these trimmers so you're not paying for over enthusiastic packaging or flimsy storage bags. The hair does collect at the base of the comb but I see this as an advantage, every couple of sweeps I tip the trimmer over the bin. Less mess to clear up then if the cut hair just falls to the floor.

Timberland Womens Long Sleeve Cargo Shirt -
Timberland Womens Long Sleeve Cargo Shirt -

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Mar. 2012
Great fit and excellent quality. Who doesn't love a shirt that doesn't need ironing?! Very pleased with the price too, would get some more if there were other colours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4