Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now DIYED Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Rev. R. J. Fisher > Reviews

Content by Rev. R. J. Fisher

Rev. R. J. Fisher (Loughton, Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Twelve Months of Sundays: reflections on Bible readings: Year C
Twelve Months of Sundays: reflections on Bible readings: Year C
by N T Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 29 May 2010
I have used this to find inspiration and information for preaching purposes - it is good. Bishop Wright is an internationally repected New Testament scholar.

Behold the Beauty of the Lord
Behold the Beauty of the Lord
by Henri J. M. Nouwen

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 27 Feb. 2006
Nouwen writes beautifully and his enthusiam for four of the most spiritually significant icons, such as the Rublev Trinity, certainly drew me in and captivated me. Indeed, this was a book that helped me a great deal in my spirtual life. The format of having four pull-out pictures of the icons, two at each end of the book corresponding to each of the four icons, were helpful because one could, if one wished, meditate on the pictures while reading the text. I found this was an excellent introduction to icons and one that I have returned to over the years for some marvellous quotations in the text, speaking as they do about the graciousness of God towards us. There is a ring-binder style of layout to this book which makes it easier to use for meditation.

Page: 1 | 2