Profile for Morpheus > Reviews

Content by Morpheus

Morpheus "No Matrix here" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TP-Link Archer C1200 AC1200 WiFi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
TP-Link Archer C1200 AC1200 WiFi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Offered by DigimediaUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good straightforward 802.11ac cable router, 12 Sept. 2017
I bought this router from a week know computer equipment and peripherals retailer instead of Amazon as it was considerably cheaper for the latest UK model (v2). Had it for a couple of weeks now, very easy to set up with enough advanced configuration features to meet most home users needs. This is not dd-wrt level of configuration but good enough. The signal is good around the house through several walls on both the 2.4Gas and 5Ghz frequencies and provides better speeds than my previous to link 1043ND router even when connecting to 802.11n devices.

Berghaus Men's Interactive Prism Fleece Jacket - Black, Large
Berghaus Men's Interactive Prism Fleece Jacket - Black, Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good fleece from Berghaus, 6 Aug. 2017
Bought for use in an IA jacket, a comfortable and warm fleece that fits well. This is one of many Berghaus fleeces I own and am always happy with m. As I didn't really use this one outside of the jacket (as I already had others around not zipped into anything) I've only given it four stars as I didn't use it independently

Berghaus Grore-Tex Cornice III Men's Outdoor Jacket available in Black/Black Size Large

5.0 out of 5 stars A great classic, 6 Aug. 2017
I had an earlier iteration of this jacket (in Eclipse blue) which lasted over a decade before eventually being replaced at the time by a North Face jacket. This jacket replaces that one after considerably less time. I'm very happy with the jacket, I wrote it throughout winter and as expected it was comfortable kept me dry and warm (with fleece zipped in) whatever the weather. This waa mainly just for commuting rather than hill walking which my previous version was used for as well at the time so I won't comment on it's performance in outdoors environments.

Euroshowers WHITE ONE SEAT Soft Close Toilet Seat with Top Fix / Blind Hole Fittings and ONE BUTTON Quick Release Hinges by Euroshowers ONE SERIES
Offered by The Home Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A good toilet seat, what more can be said., 6 Aug. 2017
I'm afraid I can't get excited about this one as it is after all a white toilet seat which is about as boring and functional as an item can get. That being said the seat is well made and was very easy to fit to my bottom fitting toilet. The silent close on lid and seat works fine and it feels as comfortable as one would expect. The quick release feature sounds like a good idea but as I've just fitted it today I can't comment on it's effectiveness over time.

Velfont Waterproof and Breathable Terry Towelling Bamboo Mattress Protector, King Size (150x190/200cm)
Offered by VELAMEN, S.A

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked really well, I've actually bought a second one, 23 Jun. 2017
Initially bought one of these to see how effective it would be after reading some reviews claiming a lack of waterproofing for use with an elderly relative who has started having more frequent accidents. It was tested the same night and whilst it appears quite thin this has proven to be very effective protecting the mattress without any leaks even when left for long periods. I've actually bought a second of these since my initial purchase as it worked so well. They both fit the king size bed well and have gone through a hot wash twice without any problems.

Velfont Terry Towelling Waterproof and Breathable Aloe Vera Mattress Protector - Fitted (Set of 2 King Size (150x190/200cm))
Offered by VELAMEN, S.A

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good purchase., 23 Jun. 2017
Bought the king size twin pack for use with an elderly relative who has started having more frequent accidents. Whilst it appears quite thin this has proven to be very effective protecting the mattress without any leaks even when left for long periods. They fit the king size bed well and have gone through a hot wash twice without any problems. A very good purchase.

Seam Sealing Tape T-2000X - Hot Melt 3-Layer Waterproof - 5 Metres - Iron On (Dark Grey, 22mm Width)
Offered by WBM Seam Tapes

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved me buying a replacement jacket again because of seams, 26 May 2017
Used this to fix the seams on a berghaus gortex paclite jacket. This is the third such jacket I've had which the neck seam had come away from. I was looking for a replacement again when I stumbled upon a reference to this tape. So far so good, been in a couple of showers since applying the tape and so far so good, it has stopped me having to replace an otherwise fully usable summer waterproof

Levi's 501 Original Fit Men's Jeans, Blue (Stonewash), 36W x 30L
Levi's 501 Original Fit Men's Jeans, Blue (Stonewash), 36W x 30L

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, seem genuine Levis but a bit tighter fit than last few pairs from Stores, 28 May 2016
I usually buy 501s from department stores such as Debenhams and whilst these do appear to be genuine like those from stores the fit can vary. I have found in the past that even with shop bought 501s they can be very comfortable or too small with exactly the same Jeans variant. These fit well enough but are a little tighter than the Debenhams bought ones they replaced. This may be due to the location of manufacturer. These are made in Bangladesh whilst my others including some I bought in the current sale at Debenhams were made in Turkey and are definitely slightly looser around the thighs. Overall I'm happy enough with the purchase but as they are only fractionally cheaper than stores when sales are on may stick with being able to try them on before purchase at a store.

Savvies Xtreme Glass Clear Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Sony Xperia Z5 - HD Ultra Clear, 9H, 0.33mm
Offered by protectionfilms24-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit the Xperia Z5 properly, 1 Jan. 2016
Whilst this feels quite sturdy and doesn't affect use our viewing of the screen, the main problem and the reason I stopped using it after a couple of days it's that it doesn't fit the Xperia Z5 properly it is a little too short and not quite wide enough which is visually very jarring as your eyes are drawn to the edges.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2016 9:31 PM GMT

Sony Xperia Z5 SIM-Free Smartphone (UK Version) - Graphite Black
Sony Xperia Z5 SIM-Free Smartphone (UK Version) - Graphite Black
Offered by STARS COM UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Moved from Galaxy A series phones and couldn't be happier, 1 Jan. 2016
Having previously only had Samsung Galaxy S series phones, I decided to try the Xperia range as it still had an SD card slot and other nice features like waterproofing which were removed when the Galaxy S6 was released. I definitely made the right choice, the first thing that struck me was how clean the default launcher is and the lack of bloatware. Most of the pre-installed apps I didn't want could be uninstalled and the launcher was far closer to stock android than Touchwiz. That being said I have used Nova launcher for years and have continued to do so. The next thing that impressed was the screen which is very clear and crisp and the battery life which without using the stamina modes I can get two days from a charge. In contrast my S4 wouldn't make a full day without a top up. The finish is also very nice and prompted me to get a clear case so that it was still visible.

I am very happy with the phone and feel no desire to return to the Galaxy range. Whilst overshadowed by the S6 and other flagship that were released earlier this is a really good phone which probably doesn't get the plaudits it deserves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3