Profile for Andrew J. Bennett > Reviews

Content by Andrew J. Bennett

Andrew J. Bennett (warwickshire, UK)

Reasons to Stay Alive
Reasons to Stay Alive
by Matt Haig

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 16 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Reasons to Stay Alive (Paperback)
absolutely brilliant, both entertaining and helpful, you might even say liberating. Im so grateful to the author for being brave enough to write this.

Jesus Through Pagan Eyes: Bridging Neopagan Perspectives with a Progressive Vision of Christ
by Rev. Mark Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 15 Dec. 2014
I found this book to be a major stepping stone on my spiritual journey. I feel very much at home with what Mark shares and in writing this book he has given me much to think about.

Fathomless Riches: Or How I Went From Pop to Pulpit
Fathomless Riches: Or How I Went From Pop to Pulpit

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Nov. 2014
Absolutely love this book. I learnt things, reminisced over things, cried over some of the most touching stories and laughed out loud (on one occasion getting funny looks while reading it sitting in a waiting room). A great read.

Angel Prayers: Harnessing the Help of Heaven to Create Miracles
Angel Prayers: Harnessing the Help of Heaven to Create Miracles
by Kyle Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Sept. 2014
I love this book, found it to be a real inspiration.

Green Man Pagan Style Bronze Effect Box
Green Man Pagan Style Bronze Effect Box
Offered by Osiris Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Mar. 2014
I was extremely happy with this item, as one reviewer has already commented it was far better than expected and good value for money. In addition I can add that the order was placed on Wednesday morning and received on Friday so that would be difficult to beat. I would definitely use this supplier again.

Twice Around The Houses / Wait Till They Change The Backdrop
Twice Around The Houses / Wait Till They Change The Backdrop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Jan. 2014
This album contains some real treasures and was amazed to find it on cd. I had the vinyl version many years ago.
The delivery from the supplier in Italy was quick too so would be happy to buy from them again.

Journey of Awakening: Meditator's Guide Book
Journey of Awakening: Meditator's Guide Book
by Ram Dass
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 July 2013
This is one of, if not the best meditation related books that I have read, and i have read many. It looks at meditation from the view of many faith groups and also outside of any adherence to a particular belief system. It's detailed and yet conveys the warmth of a true friend guiding your journey. It's a book that I feel you could read many times and still gain something new. I would be happy to recommend it. My only negative point would be that although 400+ pages, page 224 onwards is a directory listing meditation groups and retreat facilities in the USA and therefore not relevant to most European readers so ideally a European version would be good to have. However that shouldn't detract from the fact that the first half of the book is a real gem.

The Power of Your Spirit: A Guide to Joyful Living
The Power of Your Spirit: A Guide to Joyful Living
by Sonia Choquette

5.0 out of 5 stars truly enlightening, 9 July 2011
I found this book to be both informative and enjoyable. Many of the examples of case studies given were relevant (perhaps too close for comfort) to my personal situation and provided guidance and inspiration to effect positive change. Not just a book to read, a book to get involved with.

Heart As Wide As The World
Heart As Wide As The World

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart as wide as the world, 11 May 2011
I heard Krishna Das for the first time on a CD that was included with his book Chants of a Lifetime.
I then purchased the Heart as wide as the world album and to be honest at the first time of hearing I wasnt totally impressed. However after a few plays of this album my opinion has certainly changed. This truly is awesome, so glad I purchased it.

Dissolution (The Shardlake Series)
Dissolution (The Shardlake Series)
by C. J. Sansom

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific murder mystery, 22 Jun. 2009
One of the most enjoyable books I have read for a long time. Matthew Shardlake is a lawyer, Reformist and unlikely hero who investigates the murder of Cromwells commissioner whilst struggling with the challanges of his own insecurities and beliefs. The historical detail is a fascinating view of a turbulent period of history