Profile for CleverNameNotFound > Reviews

Content by CleverNameNotFound

CleverNameNotFound (Liverpool, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dinomon - Invasion of the Dinosaur Doodles: Adult Coloring Book - Color and Relax in the World of the Dinomon
by Okami Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 4 Jun. 2017
This book is fab! Lots of fun pics to keep me occupied. Not overloaded with detail to the point where it takes you days to complete but enough to keep you going for a few hours.
Comment Comment | Permalink

UEETEK Pet Dog Training Clicker, Pet Click Whistle - Dog Training Clicker (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not cheerful, 28 May 2017
Whistle on both stopped working within 5minutes of delivery, and that took over 3 weeks! Clicker still going though. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Only Ever Yours
Only Ever Yours

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 May 2017
This review is from: Only Ever Yours (Kindle Edition)
Awful, childish drivel! Same repetitive whining about weight and looks on almost every page! Story never goes anywhere interesting, no likeable fleshed out characters and the dialogue is abismal. Stopped reading at the 75% mark as I was rolling my eyes back in to my head that much I could almost see what I was thinking when I ordered this. Was expecting an exciting new age twist on Handmaid's tale but got a desperate, watered down version of mean girls instead.

Creative Haven Dream Doodles: A Coloring Book with a Hidden Picture Twist (Creative Haven Coloring Books)
by Kathy Ahrens

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 May 2017
Very intricate designs, keeps me busy for hours!

STABILO Power Wallet Felt Tip Pen - Assorted Colours, Pack of 30
STABILO Power Wallet Felt Tip Pen - Assorted Colours, Pack of 30

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, bright pens with lots of ink that blend ..., 28 May 2017
Really nice, bright pens with lots of ink that blend well and feel smooth on all types of paper, although they do bleed through the page slightly. Some good skin tone colours also. Had these a while now with no signs of giving up. A bit too thick for anything too intricate but really good for everything else.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Chiwava 5.5'' Squeak Latex Dog Toy Gray Big Mouse Puppy Interactive Play Color Gray
Offered by WONPET Store

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves this!, 6 May 2017
Got this for my dog about 5 months ago when he was 2months old and it's his absolute favourite! He used it all through his teething stage and has scragged it to within an inch of it''s life everyday since but it's still going strong! Not one mark on it and the squeak is still as good as the day we got it. Would 100% recommend.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gluten Free Sweet Hamper Gift Basket - Perfect Confectionery Present Him or Her, Husband or Wife, Boyfriend or Girlfriend, Son or Daughter
Offered by Confectionery Hampers & Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item!!, 6 May 2017
Bought this for my mum for mother's day and she loved it. Sweets are fresh, not soft around the outside like some others I've had, and they taste fab! Not to mention the lovely wicker basket they come in, it can be used after all the sweeties have gone as a nice storage basket or can be reused to make another little hamper for something else. Mum was delighted! Recommend 100%

Free Four - Tobias tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene (Divergent Series)
Free Four - Tobias tells the Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene (Divergent Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of four goes a long way, 14 May 2014
First thing's first... This is not the next instalment to the e-book The Transfer, nor is it the next book in the Divergent series. It is a retelling of the knife throwing scene in four's voice that occurs in the 13th chapter of Divergent and was released in e-form as a publishing tool to market Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent series.

Now that that is out the way... I first came across Free Four just after it was released, someone had leaked it on a website the day it became available and I read it shamelessly as I wasn't about to pay £1.99 for an 8 page chapter I had already read just because it was rewritten from a more interesting character's point of view. I loved having a sneak peek behind Four's eyes, learning about a few of his past experiences (his own initiation and fellow initiates) and hearing how he felt about the people around him and the faction he chose, so when I saw it going for free on amazon I downloaded this bad boy so fast my kindle got a stitch.

Free Four is told in Four's voice and has the originality The Transfer and Allegiant sadly lack. If you want a closer look at things from your favourite character from the Divergent series' POV then leave the previously mentioned disappointments alone, you'll only go sick, and download this instead. Veronica Roth's writing and storytelling was scorching hot when she penned this little instalment but, unfortunately, I can't say the same for her talent nowadays.

Indeed, a little bit of four goes a long way... Too much of him however, makes him sound just like Triss!!

Fight Club
Fight Club

4.0 out of 5 stars I am Jack's stimulated nucleus accumbens, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Fight Club (Kindle Edition)
Having never seen the film, I dove in to this excitedly after a few recommendations knowing only that there was a twist somewhere near the end. Admittedly after the first few chapters I was ready to give up, the story was written in a way that made me feel like I was inside the mind of a mad man as the narrator jumps from one topic to another very randomly and it can be quite hard to understand at times, but I persevered in my pursuit for the inevitable twist, wondering how this author ever got his work published. Shortly after I worked everything out for myself and realised I was supposed to be inside the head of a mad man. Chuck Palahniuk is a literary genius, showing so vividly what happens inside the mind of someone who is descending in to a complete madness he himself doesn't know the extent of and then wrapping it up in a strange but intriguing gritty story. I loved it.

Ready Player One
Ready Player One

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm... Well... Err... Yeah... It was ok, I suppose., 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
After finishing Ready Player One, I asked myself all the questions someone about to review a book does. Had the world I spent the last 3 days of my life living in lived up to the expectations I had when I purchased this product? Was the brilliant idea that sucked me in to begin with executed poorly or was I blown away by the authors ability to drag me in to his protagonist's head? What about the quality of the writing, the likability factor of the characters and the tightness of the plot? I spent a considerable amount of time giving myself a good inquisition, but all I could come up with is 'uh, it was alright'.

The Gist -
Wade, our protagonist, is a penniless, unloved teenager without a friend to his name. He lives in the stacks - a trailer park slum - with his aunt, her boyfriend and a dozen other families. The world is disintegrating around him and society is now desperate, with most families relying on food stamps or the proceeds of a meth lab to keep them going. Wade's only escape from his harsh reality is The OASIS - a total immersion virtual reality simulation game - in which he can be whoever he wants to be. In the OASIS, Wade has friends and a real chance to make something of his life by spending every free moment he has trying to win the competition the kooky creator of the OASIS set up before he died, a competition that awards the victor with the billions of dollars he left in his will.

I loved the idea of this story when I began to read - questing through a virtual reality to win some mega bucks, solving riddles and kickin' some serious ass as we go - but then all the technical and 80's jargon spoiled it. I can easily overlook the lack of depth in a character, which unfortunately is what I had to do anyway, and I can whitewash over plot holes when a story has me hooked, but every time I got really in to it, the author hit me with yet another page or two of detailed description of a games console that went out of production before I was even a twinkle in my father's eye. I am not easily confused, I have managed to fly through the whole SONG OF ICE AND FIRE series without forgetting who is who and what is what, but this book had me stumped on almost every other page by constantly referencing some 80's game or movie or song that I had never heard of. I am not knocking the fact that the quest our main character undertakes is completely 80's related, the author has an expertise in this field that I am actually really impressed by, but for someone like me, who didn't arrive on this earth until 1986 and has no particular interest in that era, it was quite confusing and, to be honest, mind-numbingly boring.

Overall, this story was well written and entertaining at times but I had no strong feelings towards any of the characters nor cared about their position at the end, which turned out to be very predictable and clichéd.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4