Profile for Pito Perez > Reviews

Content by Pito Perez

Pito Perez "d31una" (Aberdeen)

Page: 1 | 2
Nokia 1100 - Virgin Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - with £5 credit
Nokia 1100 - Virgin Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - with £5 credit

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and reliable phone!, 5 Jun. 2006
I bought this mobile phone as a gift for my mum. Mainly, I was looking for a phone that she could use, as she has had a couple of mobile phones before, but she never could use them, why? well because she doesn't get technology and she found mobile phones too much of a hassle to get into. So, for mother's day I decided we really needed her to keep in contact with the world. It was then when I found the Nokia 1100.

This mobile is excellent because it has big and simple entry keys, you can easily read numbers and letters, It has the basic functions of a mobile phone, and It's easy to use. It even has a small torch on the top of the phone that my mum has found very useful when coming back late at night in order to find the keyhole of the front door. She now has been able to use it without any problems and it looks like she's becoming a text addict.

I would strongly recommend this mobile phone if you are looking for a simple, easy to use mobile that you can fit anywhere and show off to your friends (especially if they are a bit behind with technology). Also for the price, this is a winner. A*****

Viking 1GB Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card
Viking 1GB Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!!!, 5 Jun. 2006
I bought this SD card to use it with my digital camera and with a PDA and I must say I have no complains about it. So far it's been good on transferring and holding data. I've played movies and music directly from the card and I have had no problems yet, very fast and reliable. Also right now it has a very low price in amazon, even cheaper than some 512Mb SD cards of similar quality. Recommended!

Goodmans G-SHOT 5034  Digital Camera
Goodmans G-SHOT 5034 Digital Camera

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing from beginning to end!, 31 May 2006
I was looking for an affordable yet good camera. I thought I found it with this version, after it arrived I opened it, read the quick start instructions and off I went taking some pictures (around 12) inside my flat. The quality wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad for the price. Next day I went out with my friends during the day and I tried to take a picture outside and I simply couldn't manage to turn it on, at the end I gave up and tried to take the batteries out, which at least worked because the camera was on, but only for me to realise that the battery was very low! I couldn't believe it, it uses 3 AAA batteries and yet it was over in over 10 pictures (some of them without even flash!), I bought new batteries and the same happened. To top it up, something went wrong inside the camera that the shutter couldn't be close even with the camera off, with this you can't take any picture as they will come out very shiny. I had to return it, luckily I got my money back. Avoid buying this camera and try and invest a bit more money in a better one!

March of the Penguins - Luc Jacquet [DVD] [2005]
March of the Penguins - Luc Jacquet [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Luc Jacquet
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars It's difficult to be a penguin!, 31 May 2006
I had no idea of what to expect with this film, to be honest I wasn't even kin to watch it because a film about animals seemed boring. However, after I watched 5 minutes it proved me wrong! It mainly takes you in a year's journey in the life of the penguins, how they live, interact, their instinct, their mating season and mainly their journey through starvation, beautiful scenery and a great narration by Morgan Freeman, which makes it even more special. The dvd comes with very long features about how they filmed it, this is definitely worth viewing. It helps you increase your awareness in animal welfare and the environment. Definitely worth watching! Highly recommended!

Integral 1GB 66x High Speed Secure Digital Card
Integral 1GB 66x High Speed Secure Digital Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, works Perfectly!, 31 May 2006
I bought this SD Card to use with my smartphone and I have been very pleased with the item, it has worked perfectly, and I have had no problem to transfer files to my computer. I've used it as well in my digital camera when it ran out of memory and worked with no problems. I definitely recommend this card if you are looking for a fast, reliable and affordable memory card.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money
Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money
by Robert T. Kiyosaki

5.0 out of 5 stars New concepts for the open minded!, 31 May 2006
I read this book because a friend of mine recommended it to me after hearing me talking about similar ideas. It is a book that should be read especially by university students so they can focus their efforts in something better than being an employee their whole life. Kiyosaki's advice has to be taken carefully and any action developed from his ideas should be planned and well found. You should read this book if you are open to different and unconventional ideas.

The book goes through a tale that helps you get the concepts quicker than you'll find in traditional books. However, I think that at times the author abuses of the analogy and advice of his rich dad. I think a good concept that the author leaves is that we should think on what we are doing and not follow what 95% of what society does just because everyone does it. This book will help you to start thinking about why you don't necessary have to work your whole life, at least 8 hrs a day and then hope that your pension money is still there!

5.0 out of 5 stars STP's legacy!!!, 31 May 2006
It took me quite a while to decide to buy this album, but after I played it once, I realised that I should've bought long time ago! What a great compilation of songs, it's such a shame that they split up. From beginning to end it takes you through a journey of so many years of great & classic songs, great riffs, great rhythms, great voice & great albums. In a way is a bit sentimental, but is a great legacy for all us music fans. The bonus DVD adds up to the value of the album. It is a record that all music lovers should have!

Sagem ITD62 Set Top Box
Sagem ITD62 Set Top Box

3.0 out of 5 stars Good box, Poor reception, 31 May 2006
This freeview is very good value for money, it gives you clear images with a good guide of what's on in every single channel, digital teletext, and digital radio stations. I've been using it for about 9 months and I haven't had any major problems with it. You have to tune it every now and then because generally new channels are added and some others are taken off. It's a shame it doesn't come with an extra scart plug to connect it to the video. Also apparently in 1 month time channel 4 films will be available in freeview which makes it more interesting! I must say that if you live in a zone with poor reception this box would not be good, I live in Aberdeen city centre and this box almost never can get channel 5, whereas friends with other boxes haven't had any problems. Also it crashes every other week, but all you have to do is turn it off and turn it on again!

Mi Sangre
Mi Sangre
Offered by Music-Finder

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Compilation !!!!!!! A Must have!!!, 31 May 2006
This review is from: Mi Sangre (Audio CD)
What a nice surprise to be able to listen to Juanes in Europe! This is a Superb compilation album!!!! It's pretty much a summary of the best songs Juanes has ever released plus some new ones. It includes "Fotografia" with Nelly Furtado which give you a great insight into his kind of music. A powerful and distinctive guitar throughout the whole album makes you enjoy his Colombian roots and gives you enough rhythm to put all people to dance. It's a great mix of music, you will find from rock songs to romantic ballads, all along you'll feel the Latin Soul. A must have even if you don't understand the lyrics, that's the great thing about music! Enjoy!

Revolucion De Amor [Us Import]
Revolucion De Amor [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Never ending mix of rhythms!, 31 May 2006
What a nice surprise to find this CD in Amazon, and what a great bunch of new songs! It is a must have for all those Mana fans, especially because they had quite a lot of time without a good album. This Cd makes a great mix from powerfull rock songs to nice ballads. The power of Mana is their latin soul, master drums, great riffs in the guitar, and what a bass!!!! As always they have great lyrics and now an incredible line up with latin masters such as Santana and Ruben Blades! You can't miss this album, especially because is one of the few bands that stills rock after so many years in the business. The only thing that I would mention is that Fher's voice (lead singer) sounds tired, but I guess it most be after so many years singing. A must have for music fans!

Page: 1 | 2