Profile for Tunc > Reviews

Content by Tunc

Tunc (Istanbul, TURKEY)

Sony W273SB Wireless Sports Walkman (4GB)
Sony W273SB Wireless Sports Walkman (4GB)

2.0 out of 5 stars The Finis Neptune on the other hand has bad audio quality but at least you hear something you ..., 17 Sept. 2014
Bought this and a Finis Neptune to have some entertainment while swimming laps.

This is basically unusable. Volume is too low with the waterproof pads and if the pad moves slightly and water gets in your ear canal, you are done... You have to get out of the water, dry the device and put it back on.

Unusable for swimmers... And I would guess the low volume with waterproof pads would make this unusable for surfing / kiting / whatever as well...

The Finis Neptune on the other hand has bad audio quality but at least you hear something you can recognize because the volume is loud enough. And it does not get out of your ear either...
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 5:57 PM GMT

Finis Neptune Underwater MP3 Player
Finis Neptune Underwater MP3 Player
Offered by swim-trainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality isn't good BUT this changed the way I approach swimming laps!, 17 Sept. 2014
I am a Hi-Fi guy... Sound quality is very important to me.

And to be clear, the Neptune's sound quality is pretty bad. Yes you can listen to music but the trebles are average, bass is almost non existent, mids get garbled especially if many instruments playing...

It is good enough to listen to podcasts and e-books. I do not agree that these sound unintelligible. As a side note, I did notice it was hard for me to concentrate on a podcast and swim. E-book would be even harder.

HOWEVER, I absolutely hated my 1 hour swimming sessions before. Now, despite barely listenable audio quality, it is much better. I tried the sony underwater walkman as well but that one is impossible... Volume is way too low and once water gets in your ear, everything is ruined, you have to get out, dry and place it back in your ear canal.

The Neptune is usable. Just place the speakers on your temples and you are ready to go. Volume is plenty enough!

So, if you are bored when swimming, get this. I know I can't swim without...

Revell Control 24116 Remote Control Sailing Boat Waikiki RTR
Revell Control 24116 Remote Control Sailing Boat Waikiki RTR

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent First R/C Sailboat, 10 July 2013
As a R/C enthousiast I wanted a nice entry-level sailboat to learn the basics of sailing in my swimming pool.

The Revell Waikiki fits the bill perfectly.

It is well built, comes with a quality remote and proper instructions that are not in "engrish".

Only problem is that the "L" tool provided was a bit too long to tighten the rudder screw so I had to "shorten" it by breaking one end with pliars.

Sailing in my swimming pool was great fun. This sailboat has two channels: left/right and losen/tighten sails (don't know the proper nautical term for this!). I don't know how many channels pro R/C sailboats have but I thought it was enough for me.

After an hour of navigating the trecherous waters of my pool (!) I feel I already learned a lot about sailing downwind upwind so yes, this is a great educational toy in that sense.

I would recommend this to everyone looking for a good quality entry-level R/C sailboat.

iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 780 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 Nov. 2012
Nothing to add to other reviews. This works well. Used it for a rather large living + dining room, wooden floors.

Well designed product.

Focusrite iTrack Solo USB Audio Interface for iPad, Mac & PC
Focusrite iTrack Solo USB Audio Interface for iPad, Mac & PC
Offered by GearTrex

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware: only mono input, 27 Nov. 2012
My mistake: I didnt research well enough before purchasing this.

I wanted to record keyboards but this device is designed for guitar + vocals. It has two MONO inputs: one for the guitar and another mic input for voice.

As a result it is totally useless for recording synths. And even a proper electric guitar with stereo effects.

Otherwise it works as promised and sound quality is good.

Only other downside: this needs an extra power supply (USB).

Philips AVENT SCF314/02 Twin Electric Breast Pump
Philips AVENT SCF314/02 Twin Electric Breast Pump

1.0 out of 5 stars Works well for a few months if you're lucky, 27 Nov. 2012
At first this looks like a good quality product.

Nice packaging, quality accessories, good build quality etc...

However these pumps are extremely unreliable.

Our first pump was working well for 5-10 minutes. After that time it would start clicking regularly and suction would drop. My wife used it that way for a month or two and despite the clicking we were pretty happy. However one day it suddently stopped working.

So we ordered a second one.

The second pump had low suction from day one. It didnt work correctly.

We finally got an electric single pump and continued with that.

Unacceptable!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 27 Nov. 2012
Purchased this a month ago to backup my backup HDD.

It really works as promised. Insert two drives, enter copy mode, hit start...

For 2TB it takes around 6 hours to complete. Works without a hitch.

However...

1. The drives get hot: if I knew this I would have paid more to get a cooled HDD copier.
2. The HDD slots are labeled HDD1 and HDD2 instead of source and target. This makes things confusing especially when there is so much at stake! It would be so much better to have clearly labeled slots (with big orange letters for example).

Didn't try it as a PC USB HDD so won't comment on that.

If you can get past the cooling issue (i.e. separate fan, placing the device in a cool location etc) this is a good way to duplicate HDD's.

WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM
WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM

1.0 out of 5 stars Two drives purchased, one broke the same day!, 27 Nov. 2012
Purchased two 2TB HDD for my RAID backup system.

Both drives were working. After a format and some backups, one of them failed. Couldn't get it to work since.

1 day lifetime doesn't really offer much hope for the surviving drive, does it? How am I supposed to trust it for my backups?

I am really disappointed!