Profile for G. S. Gluck > Reviews

Content by G. S. Gluck

G. S. Gluck "music man" (South Africa)

Live at the Quick [DVD]
Live at the Quick [DVD]
Dvd ~ Béla Fleck & The Flecktones

5.0 out of 5 stars The Flecktones at the Top of Their Game, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Live at the Quick [DVD] (DVD)
If you're at all a lover of music and the brilliance of individual musicians, then Live at the Quick will knock your socks off.
Bela Fleck and his band have got to be some of the most innovative, original and incredible musicians in the world today. When people ask me what genre it is, I really have no idea. The music is so rich in colour and sound that it's hard to limit this music to a single genre.
It's happened often that I find myself smiling while I watch these guys - I'm blown away every time, not only the phenomenal musicianship, but also at the integrity and humility of these brilliant people.
I bought this DVD many years ago and lost it in a move. I couldn't accept that situation, so I immediately bought 2 extra copies - one for me and one for a friend. I have shown this stuff to many of my friends, and every single one of them have been enthralled and inspired by this performance.
Don't make the mistake of NOT owning this DVD. And while you're at it, you may as well get the Audio CD as well!