Profile for Heather > Reviews

World of Knitted Toys
World of Knitted Toys
by Kath Dalmeny

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Jun. 2012
This review is from: World of Knitted Toys (Paperback)
I have yet to make any of the toys as I have another project still to finish, but my two grandsons have already placed their order for a parrot and a monkey, so I know I will have lots of use from it. I also love the clown fish (Nemo) and will be making that one too. I loved the way the book was divided into Jungle, Farmyard, Ocean etc with a description of the habits and habitat of each animal - this made it an educational book as well. Well worth the money and I am itching to get started on knitting my first toy!

The Usborne Book of Fairy Tales: "Cinderella", "The Story of Rumpelstiltskin", "Little Red Riding Hood", "Sleeping Beauty", "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", "Three Little Pigs" (First Stories)
by Heather Amery

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 22 Jun. 2012
This is a delightful book one which will be enjoyed by all small children and their parents alike. Beautifully presented and illustrated, just order it!

500 Xxion Personalised Mini Self-Adhesive Address Labels. Size : 38mm x 21mm Custom Printed in Black on Quality White Self Adhesive Labels / Stickers with up to 7 lines of text of your choice.
Offered by ConneXxions

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jun. 2012
Good quick service, easy to order and my labels - which were not address ones - looked really professional. Well done.

Strawberry Barrel Planter
Strawberry Barrel Planter

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 22 Jun. 2012
For what I paid, I was disgusted with this product. But, having bought it I put it together (not as easy as you would think) and filled it with compost before planting my strawberries. That was last summer. This year, the strawberries have been replanted direct in the garden and the planter barrel is behind the back door with old flower pots etc in it. The plants did not thrive, despite the watering system and me keeping a beady eye on them, so I have given up. Don't buy it, it is rubbish.

Knitted Baby Bootees (Twenty to Make)
Knitted Baby Bootees (Twenty to Make)
by Val Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 22 Jun. 2012
This is a super little book of patterns - I have made two pairs of bootees so far and am looking forward to making several more. If I have one small criticism, it is that the instructions are a little sketchy here and there, for example when I have finished the decreasing/increasing, there is no note of how many stitches I should have. Small point, but I think valid. Otherwise, a great little book of patterns all of which can be adapted to your own choice of colour etc.

Since writing the above, I have made two more pairs of bootees. I am not as happy with the book now as I was, in fact I have definitely got the Hump! The pink bootees with the lace effect front were so out of proportion, I undid it and left out one complete pattern set of rows with the result that the bootee is now in the correct proportion. The picture of the pink and lilac bootee shows THREE knitted flowers, the instructions are given for two and those instructions are simply to cast on 18 stitches knit one row, increase in every stitch in next row, then cast off. Nothing else as to how to create the flower out of the semi-circular piece of knitting you have in your hand! Fortunately, I am quite artistic and made something of it, but not everybody might find it that easy to improvise. I really think the author of this book should have proof read it more carefully as it is so disappointing when things are not explained sufficiently.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 11:08 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, 22 Jun. 2012
Bought this for my grandson's third birthday and it was an immediate hit. He loves to 'cook' and this is a well-made durable toy. I was at his house the other day, eight months later, and it is still played with and looking in excellent condition. Worth the price.

Complete Child Magician Costume set with Cape, Hat, Rabbit & Magic Wand. How magic is that?
Offered by Furnitoys Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Abracadabra, 22 Jun. 2012
My young grandson loved this, but it didn't have long as the novelty quickly wore off. He uses the cloak for dressing up as something else now, but it served its purpose at the time!

Dempsey Designs Craft Factory (Minicraft) Soft Toy Filling
Dempsey Designs Craft Factory (Minicraft) Soft Toy Filling

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuffed!, 22 Jun. 2012
This bag of stuffing was just enough for my needs and is a good quality product. When the parcel arrived I was a bit worried that there wouldn't be much stuffing inside, but they had cleverly taken all the air out so when the polythene bag was opened the stuffing expanded! When making this raiting, I HAD to rate this toy!!!!! Obviously, it is not a toy - yet - but I had to put something, so put Love It right the way through even though it is not really applicable.

Daughters of Liverpool (Campion Family Book 2)
Daughters of Liverpool (Campion Family Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jun. 2012
Another piece of brilliance from the talented Annie Groves. Have read all her books now and loved each and every one. Wartime England has always held a fascination for me and these stories are just so down to earth and believable. Buy it today, you won't regret it!

Goodnight Sweetheart
Goodnight Sweetheart
by Annie Groves

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Goodnight Sweetheart (Paperback)
Annie Groves is a brilliant story-teller - her books of everyday life in wartime are educational, interesting and absorbing. Don't hesitate to recommend all her books - you will be hooked!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5