Profile for Matt Watson-Power > Reviews

Content by Matt Watson-Power

Matt Watson-Power "DragonDrop" (Harrogate, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Pioneer DDJ-SB2 portable DJ controller for Serato DJ
Pioneer DDJ-SB2 portable DJ controller for Serato DJ
Offered by ProfesionalDJ & ProSoundCenter

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm amazed at the price, 26 Nov. 2016
I've used pioneer dj equipment for years now so I kind of like and know the 'pioneer way'. I've used the highest end kit: cdj2000's etc and I have to say, the sb2 totally holds its head high in a comparison. Seriously, I can't believe the cost is so low. Solid build quality, feature rich. I've hacked traktor to work with mine. The only thing you might want to consider is upgrade the eq knobs and faders to rubberised / chroma caps but that's just personal preference.

Rockport Mens Tru-Walk Zero II Wingtip Brogue V74475 Black,9 UK, 43 EU
Rockport Mens Tru-Walk Zero II Wingtip Brogue V74475 Black,9 UK, 43 EU

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't impressed really - was expecting great things. It felt like there was a ridge ..., 26 Sept. 2016
Wasn't impressed really - was expecting great things. It felt like there was a ridge down the middle of my foot. Sent back.

Baili ® Gold Plated Double Edge Razor Safety razor Fits All Double Edge Razor Blades Fathers Day Gift for Him

4.0 out of 5 stars Great core product, not interested in peripherals., 19 Jun. 2016
For the price this is a superb product. Only had it for a couple of weeks but no complaints. Haven't used the blades that came with it (Got some Wilkinson swords) and the case was well made. The only loss of star was because I rather not have had the over engineered packaging and unknown brand razors.

A Tale for the Time Being
A Tale for the Time Being

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Haruki Murakam, 31 May 2014
Good book - quite ethereal in places. Well written and a well structured plot line. It broached the subject of suicide with frank honesty.

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging funny page turner, 31 May 2014
Strong charters, and it's one of those books that you learn a slice of history with as well - from two distinctly different places and times.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously brilliant book, 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
I don't say this lightly - I read a lot.. but this is one of the best books I've ever read. I don't normally plump for Sci-Fi either, but I'm so glad I did with this one. I actually heard about it through the Waterstones blog - which I have delivered to my kindle. It reminded me of The Road (the McCarthy version) and "Alas, Babylon". I don't often leave reviews either, but this was such a stand out good book that I felt moved to comment. Go read it now!

(Certified Refurbished) Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (5th generation)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best way to read, 25 Jan. 2014
I had a kindle 3 keyboard for a while, when it broke, kindle offered me a bargain upgrade. I love this device.. The best way to read.

The Luminaries
The Luminaries

3.0 out of 5 stars kindle X-ray 'essential', 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Luminaries (Kindle Edition)
Its a bit too long winded in my opinion. I appreciate that there was a lot gong on (kindle x-ray was VERY handy at times) but it felt like it was dragging on a lot of the time. Well written though, fascinating snapshot of time and place.

Pentax Optio WG-2 Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 12m Waterproof, 1.5m Shockproof, 5 x Wide Angle Zoom & Full HD Movie) 3 inch 16:9 LCD Screen

3.0 out of 5 stars rubbish battery life, 23 April 2013
Fantastic camera in every respect and its claims of being adventure proof are true, as long as your adventure doesn't stray too far from a power source. Two hours approx if your shooting a lot. I bought a second battery and that obviously doubles the adventure time but don't expect to get too far with it.

I had a Pentax options w20 prior to this and loved it. When that finally died I grabbed one of these but soon realized its battery performance was no where near as good. I'm keeping it though, just a but peeved at the battery situation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 12:53 PM BST

Shantaram (German Edition)
Shantaram (German Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is superb.. in English!, 27 Feb. 2011
loved this book.. read the hard copy and it is a fantastic journey.. the kindle version looks to be in german though. i will not be re reading it in said language!

Page: 1 | 2