Profile for Retired Guy > Reviews

Retired Guy

Logitech H540 USB Headset for PC and Mac
Logitech H540 USB Headset for PC and Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech H540 USB Headset, 20 Jan. 2014
Excellent, I use it for Skype calls and listening to music using my PC.

A wee gripe is that the headset keeps slipping off my head (perhaps it is my head which is faulty!).

A special well done to Logitech is in the quality of the headset cable, robust and well able for the job. I mention this as, sadly I have bought other makes, and had issues with their thin, flimsy cable, which inevitably broke, and annoying to think that some of these 'reputable' manufacturers had skimped on a vital component, like a cable, to save a few pence.

My pc uses Linux Ubuntu, and the USB connections and access to programmes for the headset were effortless.

Linux Bible
Linux Bible
by Christopher Negus

5.0 out of 5 stars Linux Bible, Eigth Edition, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Linux Bible (Paperback)
5 Stars on this updated publication, as a retired person it was with trepidation that I invested in any book re: 'Linux' due to reduced finances, however I settled on this book for my interest and updating of my PC's Linux Ubuntu distributions.

In short I think it has paid for itself after using only a fraction of the information.

It is an excellent reference book, which shall be used daily.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2014 2:55 PM BST

Garmin PC interface cable (RS232 serial port connector) - not applicable to Geko 101

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin PC interface cable(RS232), 20 Jan. 2014
5 stars all round.

Unit connected to pc using Linux Ubuntu 12.04 and connected to my appliance like 'plug & play' effortless, without the need for CD-ROM.

All components are of top quality, especially the cable, which is noted to be inferior on other makes.

Well done.

Bling Jewelry 925 Sterling Silver Emerald Cut Simulated Sapphire 3 Stone Engagement Ring
Offered by Bling Jewelry

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 4 a loved one, 6 Dec. 2013
Yes, I bought this for a loved one overseas, and they were absolutely delighted.

It was well packaged, not like some purchases I have made previously on certain "On-Line Auction Sites" which arrived minus contents!

And delivered on time.