Profile for Roger > Reviews

Content by Roger

Roger "backtothewind" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Depraved Difference (A Detective Shakespeare Mystery, Book #1) (Detective Shakespeare Mysteries)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 5 Aug. 2015
Certainly a good page turner, with a twist at the end. Steady build up of tension. Just right for a short stay in hospital

Fall of Giants: Enhanced Edition (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
Fall of Giants: Enhanced Edition (The Century Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars let down at the very end!, 29 Dec. 2014
I really got into this book and I think I was expecting a better conclusion. Sadly it just fizzled out. I even checked back to see if I had skipped the last few pages by mistake. OK so it was about revolution and the advent of a new society, a new world order, but it still lacked an ending.

Genuine Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Ace II Battery (Not in retail package)
Genuine Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Ace II Battery (Not in retail package)
Offered by Onogo

5.0 out of 5 stars This replacement battery has been great. It has extended the life of my phone, 19 Oct. 2014
This replacement battery has been great. It has extended the life of my phone. I was a bit worried by some of the comments on similar produces, but this one does the business.

Waterproof Ripstop Camouflage Bag, 26cm by 38 cm for geocaching
Waterproof Ripstop Camouflage Bag, 26cm by 38 cm for geocaching

3.0 out of 5 stars It's only OK. I ended up unpicking it and ..., 19 Sept. 2014
It's only OK. I ended up unpicking it and heat cutting the outline shape to stop it fraying. Tend to put my sandwiches in it. Don't think it would last long as a geocache bag.

Youth
Youth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song - rubbish download from Amazon, 19 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Youth (MP3 Download)
Great song - rubbish download from Amazon. I had to download two separate programmes to get this song to install on my PC also sent it to my iPad which didn't work. Should have just gone straight to iTunes, same price!

TUPPENNY HAT DETECTIVE (Tuppenny Hat series Book 1)
TUPPENNY HAT DETECTIVE (Tuppenny Hat series Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Famous Five tackle a murder, 12 July 2014
Nothing to rave about. At times I thought I was reading an Enid Blyton book and half expected Timmy the dog to make an appearance! I won't give the ending away but it was almost as if the author had run out of ideas and it all finished of in a couple of pages with an extra little twist for good measure.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 Premium Folio Leather Case / Cover and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake Feature + Screen Protector For New Apple iPad 4th Generation, iPad 3 & iPad 2 - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my iPad, 5 Mar. 2014
You can spend an extortionate amount of money on a cover, but this one sold by TechNet does a perfect job. It looks good and feels good. Still not sure if it's leather but that doesn't really matter. The iPad fits perfectly, there are of course cut outs and recesses for all the iPad function as you would expect. I chose it in brown.
Certainly recommend this product.

Costa Rica Birds Field Guide
Costa Rica Birds Field Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't go birding in Costa Rica without this., 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Costa Rica Birds Field Guide (App)
Originally I bought this app for my Android phone. It would not load completely and I gave up on it! Then my wife bought me an iPad for my birthday and so I bought the app for the IOS. About a week after installing the app on the Apple I tried the Android phone again and hay presto, it worked.
The images are great. Most birds have several images and include female as well. The search facility is excellent, slightly easier on an Android than the scrolling on the iPad. It's not fool proof and doesn't give you an ID every time, but when you have no idea of any birds in Costa Rica, it's great and easier to carry round than a book.
You can make notes of the birds seen, however there could be some improvements in this area. They are logged by date so if you don't log your sightings on that day they take the day you made the note which may not correspond to the day of sighting. Also I failed to change the date/time on my iPad and so the sightings were always 7 hours out.

This is an excellent app my only issue now is that in order to get good value for money I need to go to Costa Rica a few more times!!

Bigjigs Toys Six Wooden Eggs in Carton
Bigjigs Toys Six Wooden Eggs in Carton
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely hard boiled!, 31 Jan. 2014
You can't get eggcited over these, they are. Just wooden eggs. But they fitted in with the play shop a treat. Don't think the box will last too long but it is easily replaced.

YN-468 II TTL Shoe Mount Flash Speedlite Speedlight for Canon 60D 50D 40D 30D 500D/T1i, 450D/Xsi, 400D/Xti, 350D, 550D, 1000D By Sanlise
Offered by DTV ELECTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Flash! Aha!, 31 Jan. 2014
I initially ordered the wrong unit. Quick and efficient return to Amazon. This one connects to the eTTL on my Canon 550D. Only used on a few test shots so far. Seems to be doing what it's supposed to do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3