Profile for M. Hevingham > Reviews

Content by M. Hevingham

M. Hevingham (BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spotify Music - for Fire TV
Spotify Music - for Fire TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Oct. 2017
This review is from: Spotify Music - for Fire TV (App)
Fab selection.

PopcornflixTM- Movies.TV.Free
PopcornflixTM- Movies.TV.Free

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Oct. 2017
Dont bother

TuneIn Radio
TuneIn Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb app with so many wonderful niche stations to listen to, 2 Oct. 2017
This review is from: TuneIn Radio (App)
A superb app with so many wonderful niche stations to listen to. I have this on the First Stick, my Echo and my phone!

AVAVA
AVAVA

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 2 Oct. 2017
This review is from: AVAVA (App)
Waste of time don't bother

USB Network Adapter, Rankie SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter (Black)
Offered by Rankie-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for your Firestick, 24 Sept. 2017
I use this in conjunction with a Micro Usb Host OTG Cable to connect my Amazon Firestick to the Internet. Before; blurry, pixellated freezing images. After; 1080p in smooth beauty.

KIMILAR Micro Usb Host OTG Cable for Samsung Nexus 7 Galaxy S2/S3/S4,Galaxy Nexus, Samsung I9100 I9300 I9220 I9250
Offered by MIDITECH

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a Firestick and its giving you Wi-Fi issues buy this., 24 Sept. 2017
I used this product in conjunction with an Ethernet to USB3 connector to connect my Amazon Fire stick to the Internet. Although we have over 200mbs broadband and no issues with any other devices, the Firestick continually lost connection to our home wi-fi and gave a sub SD signal looking like a 1990s webcam at best. The moment we connected the stick to the back of my Denon receiver and plugged in the Internet we got crystal clear 1080p signals. Great product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2017 10:31 PM BST

Hell Drivers [Blu-ray]
Hell Drivers [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Stanley Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wow and oh yes, wow, 10 May 2017
This review is from: Hell Drivers [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I've loved this film since I first saw it in the 80s and have owned VHS and DVD copies in the past. Nothing prepared me for the restoration by the BFI. The image and sound are quite simply gobsmackingly brilliant. The 1.66:1 image bristles with detail and texture. It looks like it was made yesterday.

Network have added some excellent bonus features but the star of this disc is the film. A great story, well acted by a stellar cast including star Stanley Baker, William Hartnell, Sid James in a straight role, Herbert Lom, a pre-Bond Sean Connery and a wonderful turn by Patrick McGoohan, This is THE disc you want to own if you like classic 50s British films. 6 out of 5!

tesa UK Powerbond Ultra Strong Foam Double Sided Adhesive Tape 1.5 m x 19 mm
tesa UK Powerbond Ultra Strong Foam Double Sided Adhesive Tape 1.5 m x 19 mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell off after a week, 10 May 2017
Having read the reviews and followed the instructions I though I was onto a winner with this tape.

I wanted to hold a piece of metal (powder coated straight off the paint plant at work) to a flat UPVC clean surface. The total weight was circa 200g. After a week the metal parted company and ended up on the floor. I do not recommend this product.

Colossus - The Forbin Project [Blu-ray]
Colossus - The Forbin Project [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Eric Braeden

5.0 out of 5 stars Great old school thriller, 10 May 2017
I had not seen this film for many years - possibly since a TV screening in the late 1970s. I wanted to see it again and I have to say that this blu ray did not disappoint.

The film is presented in 1080p and the print is pristine. Although not a blockbuster, Universal's print is free of dust and scratches and colours are represented very well with no bleed. The sound won't test your Dolby Atmos speakers but what is there is clear and the dialogue is crisp and nicely spaced. The original 21:9 ratio is preserved.

Nerds like me among you will recognise a whole raft of Six Million Dollar Man sound effects in the opening credits as we see the interior of the computer complex that becomes a character in it's own right during the story.

Colossus can be seen as a forebear of Skynet in that it is a super computer that gains self awareness, and the threat here is that man has created a system that cannot be penetrated or subverted once it begins to go wrong. Whilst there is a certain naivety in the plot it is presented interestingly and a genuine threat builds up through its 99 minutes. Although I wont give away the plot I was very happy to see that there is no "Hollywood" ending with superfluous scenes tagged on at the film's climax.

If you like a more cerebral "Andromeda Strain" type thriller then this is the film for you. If you like a Terminator or Independence Day style crash bang wallop film then save your money. I sit in the former of these two groups and I am glad I bought this film which was delivered in the Same Day service now offered to Prime members.

Vivanta - Liver Pro: Advanced Liver Support & Antioxidant Protection (120 Capsules)

5.0 out of 5 stars The seller is also very good., 4 May 2017
Almost immediate results. I have had some liver issues for a year and thanks to a lackadaisical NHS I sought my own treatment. I found this product which has helped greatly. The seller is also very good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20