Profile for Ottopor > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Belkin WeMo Smart Bayonet Fit B22 LED Light Bulb Starter Kit
Belkin WeMo Smart Bayonet Fit B22 LED Light Bulb Starter Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice when it works, but pain when it doesn't, 6 Aug. 2015
I bought this product to automate the lighting at house specifically when we are out on holidays. The product is nicely packaged and easy to do the initial set up. The only problem I found was it was painfully slow to check for existing lights and also to manage rules for them. It would be much nicer if there was a web interface as working from a tiny phone screen is really difficult.

However, I faced the bigger pain when I made some changes to my home wifi settings. It was previously connected to my primary wifi, now I moved it to guest wifi, and then the WeMo was unable to find my lights. I reset the lights, reset the WeMo hub (which also deleted all my saved rules) but nothing worked. I deleted the app from my mobile phone, reset the hub, reset the lights, still nothing happened. The hub is unable to connect to any of the light and I'm now using them just as ordinary lights. Way too expensive to have them as ordinary lights!!

TONER / DRUM / CARTRIDGE COMPATIBLE FOR USE IN SAMSUNG D1042 MLT-D1042
TONER / DRUM / CARTRIDGE COMPATIBLE FOR USE IN SAMSUNG D1042 MLT-D1042
Offered by ECS Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toner, 3 Feb. 2015
This is the first time I bought non manufacturer toner on my printer. I was really worried before placing this order. The product was delivered on time with good packaging. It was nicely padded inside the box. It also started working without any trouble and honestly I can hardly see any difference between the original and this toner. I do not need to print a lot, so wouldn't be able to confirm how many pages were finally printed by this toner, but the toner is still running and I'm very happy with it.

If I need to order another one, definitely would order this.

Amazon Fire Phone, 32 GB (O2)
Amazon Fire Phone, 32 GB (O2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant phone but shame as it locked to O2, 3 Feb. 2015
The phone is brilliant, and Amazon has done a good job with it. Phone is a little bit heavy compared to other phones in the market. But I liked the size of the phone as it fits nicely inside your grip. I didn't get much chance to explore the phone, but within the moments I was checking it out, I loved the bright coloured screen. It seems like you have to tilt the phone to get the side or top menus, not sure whether there is another way to access them.

The only reason I had to return it is this phone (although it says unlocked) is locked to O2 network. With the term 'unlocked', Amazon is not referring to what we common people understand as 'not locked to any network'. Rather, they meant that it is not locked to an O2 contract (but you're locked with them to use the phone as PAYG). I thought they might be able to provide me a free sim/network unlock code, but that's not the case. The phone can be unlocked after a year and there are charges to be paid for that.

I think Amazon would be able to sell more of this phone if they were not locked with O2. Good phone but shame for the network locking.

Anker 3 Premium 3ft Micro USB Cable Pack High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 3 Feb. 2015
I got three cables and they are nice, fully functional. They were also packaged neatly in a nice cardboard box and the product arrived just in time. Definitely would recommend it to others.

So far I didn't find any issues with any of them. However, if I find any issue, I'll probably come back and update this review and rating.

aLLreLi Micro USB OTG Cable
aLLreLi Micro USB OTG Cable
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

5.0 out of 5 stars Your device needs to be rooted, 25 Dec. 2012
I ordered the product and received it within 2 days. At first I connected my USB drive, but nothing was showing up. So contacted seller and they came back to me very quickly.

PLEASE NOTE: connect a USB mouse with this cable and if the pointer is moving then you know the cable is working fine.

You need your device to be rooted and then need to use StickyMount app to access the USB drive on your tablet or phone.

Rooting your device will void your warranty, so do it at your own risk.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2012 8:09 PM GMT

By Carla Cuddle Me Pregnancy Pillow (Beige Polka)
By Carla Cuddle Me Pregnancy Pillow (Beige Polka)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Oct. 2010
I read the first review A. N. Vig and ordered this item to surprise my pregnant wife. The order was not delivered in time, I had to wait more than two weeks to get it. When it arrived, the surprise is long gone. However I was looking forward that it would bring good night sleep for my wife. The pillow was packeged very nicely, I have to admit that. And it also looked very nice. However when she started using this, within few days the internal material started to bond together into four seperate parts. As a result, it is not comfortable at all. Now I have also lost my good nights sleep as my wife would taunt me for this each night. So I would not recommend this to anyone. Just waste of money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 1:35 PM BST

Cokin 164 CIRCULAR POLARIZER P-Series Filter
Cokin 164 CIRCULAR POLARIZER P-Series Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for photographers, 7 Sept. 2010
This filter is a must have for any photographers. Circular polariser filter helps to bring more saturation to the picture and also reduces unwanted reflections. Cokin P series filter is better than the screw-in filter as you can use the same filter with lenses that have different diameters.

This filter is for Cokin P-series. So for the newbies, you need to have an filter adapter for your lens, and a filter hood to hold this filter in-front of your lens.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2011 6:22 PM GMT

Communicative Language Teaching: An Introduction (Cambridge Language Teaching Library) (ELT)
by William Littlewood

5.0 out of 5 stars Communicative Language Teaching Primer, 7 Sept. 2010
Littlewood is one of the pioneer of the Communicative Language Teaching and this book is the primer for that language teaching approach. Littlewood, in this book, explains the characteristics of the language teaching approach and how it could be achieved successfully. He explains the underlying theories with lots of examples and includes a seperate chapter for teachers discussing on 'choosing what to teach'.

The book, first published in 1981, is still valuable and useful for language teachers and linguistics.

The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language
The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language
by David Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for language lovers, 7 Sept. 2010
People who are interested in language or linguistics would definitely love this book. David Crystal explains a number of features of language very nicely in this book. Language is like people, it lives, it changes and it dies. Amazing fact is that all the language are different, yet they are alos similar in some sort of way and those could be explored through this book. In present days, interenet is playing a major role on the language change and that has also been discussed by the author.
The book is easy to read and has lots of illustrations to accompany the discussion. Just like any other encyclopedia, this book is also large in size and heavy. So those who want to read it on their journy by train or by bus, would not find it comfortable. However the book is so interesting that it worth to allocate time just to be with the book and read it properly by sitting on a desk and a chair.

Cokin WP2R462 62 mm P-Series Adapter Ring for Lens
Cokin WP2R462 62 mm P-Series Adapter Ring for Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 7 Sept. 2010
Specially this is nothing extra ordinary: just an ordinary Cokin P adapter. It arrived in time and is working out of the box. I would say the quality of the product is very nice and would recommend to everyone.

Page: 1 | 2