Profile for bushmins > Reviews

Content by bushmins

bushmins

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Thrown Away 2 (Into the Junklands) (Thrown Away Saga)
Thrown Away 2 (Into the Junklands) (Thrown Away Saga)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 19 May 2015
A little about Glynn James:
Glynn James is one of the few authors ill purchase work from without needing to read a sample. James is consistent in his writing, all of his work pulls you into his immersive and lush world. When reading his books I find myself flipping back a few pages just to reread parts of the story that I found exciting or emotional. James has a way of only letting you into snippets of the story and leaving you to read as fast as you can to find out the answers (which always do come) A little like the TV series 'Lost'.

Its been quite a while since I read the first part of Thrown Away, so I read the last few pages of the first book. I was surprised how much of the story my brain had retained, id say that makes his writing very memorable. I read a lot of post apocalyptic and most of those stories seem to fold into one to the point where I cant distinguish them apart. Not so with James, all his stories have their own individual and distinctive flavor.

I cant give this author enough praise, but since you are reading this you've probably already bought his other books and know the praise is well founded.

Thrown Away 2 is another fantastic addition to Mr James post apocalyptic series.
The only down side to this book is that it was too short, but maybe it just felt this way because I couldn't put it down, or maybe James is trying to appease his readers by letting us get our hands on his work quickly. But for the price its selling for its still well worth every penny.

The Cost of Living
The Cost of Living
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars so this is just a tribute to that awesome review. I have a list of books I ..., 23 Jan. 2015
I wrote a review on Facebook somewhere, so this is just a tribute to that awesome review. I have a list of books I need to buy, whenever something new comes along it goes on the bottom of the list. This is not the case with David Moody books; they straight to the top. I've never felt let down by one of his stories yet, this is no exception. I had heard that he is moving away from zombie so I cant wait what comes out next.

The LEGO Movie 70816: Benny's Spaceship
The LEGO Movie 70816: Benny's Spaceship
Price: 67.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 year old got a little bored at the start but as soon as the ship ..., 23 Jan. 2015
6 year old got a little bored at the start but as soon as the ship started to take shape he regained his interest 10 fold. Fantastic build.

Hara-Kiri : Death of a Samurai [DVD]
Hara-Kiri : Death of a Samurai [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kji Yakusho
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
Liked this film very much. But enjoyed the original much more.

Wahl Standard Fitting Attachment Comb Number 1 3mm Black
Wahl Standard Fitting Attachment Comb Number 1 3mm Black
Offered by Hero Deals
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost my original one that came with my 27 year ..., 23 Jan. 2015
Lost my original one that came with my 27 year old dog clippers. This one does the same job and fit perfectly.

Card Wars - Adventure Time Card Game
Card Wars - Adventure Time Card Game
Price: 2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, easy enough for children to play, 23 Jan. 2015
Free app of the day! Excellent game, easy enough for children to play.

True Grit [DVD] (2010)
True Grit [DVD] (2010)
Dvd ~ Jeff Bridges
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it hoping it would be ok, ended up ..., 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: True Grit [DVD] (2010) (DVD)
Bought it hoping it would be ok, ended up really enjoying this film. Had not heard anything about it so didn't know what to expect, pleasantly surprised.

The Raid [DVD] [2011]
The Raid [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais
Price: 3.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Raid [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
A bit boring. Didn't really find the journey up the tower block very interesting.

Drive [DVD]
Drive [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Gosling
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 2.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Drive [DVD] (DVD)
Great film. Found a new actor to follow.

Much Ado About Puffins
Much Ado About Puffins
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
Didn't find it very interesting, nor did my 6 year old. OK for free I guess.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11