Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Luke O'Brien > Reviews

Content by Luke O'Brien

Luke O'Brien

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung M9T 2 TB 9.5 mm SATA 2.5 inch PS4 Compatible Internal Hard Drive
Samsung M9T 2 TB 9.5 mm SATA 2.5 inch PS4 Compatible Internal Hard Drive
Offered by Melkor Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly simple PS4 hard drive upgrade, 19 Oct. 2015
As someone who isn't confident in dealing with the internal stuff in consoles and computers I was surprised at how easy it was to upgrade my PS4 hard drive. To give you an idea of how easy it is to do, the only awkward part of the installation for me was putting the screws back into the PS4 Hard drive caddy (case)once I placed the new drive inside it, which when you think about it, is actually a simple task. The drive itself is great, and i no longer have to worry about how much space I have left on my PS4, which was becoming a problem with so many games coming out and how much space each one takes up. If your thinking about getting one yourself just use the instructions on the playstation support website or IGNs article, which I found to be more useful.

Virtual XI
Virtual XI

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall solid album, let down by a couple bad songs., 11 May 2015
This review is from: Virtual XI (Audio CD)
Better than what people always make it out to be and all the songs are pretty good, apart from 'The Angel and the Gambler', which is a repetitive mess which I can't stand. Also great in instrumental terms, just like the X-Factor.

The X-Factor
The X-Factor

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 11 May 2015
This review is from: The X-Factor (Audio CD)
The X-Factor and Virtual XI are usually slated as terrible albums, and as such I was wasn't expecting much from them when I ordered them both. However I've fallen in love with this album. Most of the Songs are excellent, apart from Judgement of heaven which I can't really get into, and the instrumental arrangements are brilliant. Shame the same can't be said for Virtual XI so much.

Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)
Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, but oh so sweet, 19 Nov. 2014
At only 6 sequences this has to be the shortest game, story wise, in the series so far. However, the story is superb, and if you want to 100% it you'll have to put some serious hours into this game.

Although quite short in comparison with other games from the series, Rogue's story is one of the best of the series, filling in gaps from AC 3 & 4 while creating some of it's own. The game is set after '4: Black Flag' and before 3, with many characters from both games making appearances, some for one cutscene, others appearing throughout the game. The present day story is also good if your a hardcore fan of the series. Your back at abstergo entertainment, only this time you're working for Otso Berg, a character who has been teased in AC4 and ACinitiates for the past year or so.
(I know a lot of people don't like the present day storyline, but this is the main plot in the AC series, and is very in depth if you look)

The game as been criticized for resembling AC4 too much, but I would have to say that even though there are similarities, Rogue pulls of the open world and Naval gameplay much better than it's predecessor. AC4 boasted dozens of unique locations, but I thought that they all looked a bit similar. Rogue has about the same amount of locations, but every single one is unique, and this makes you want to visit every single location. It's a shame then that so much effort was put into the world of Rogue, when you'll only visit about 15-20% of these locations if you just play the story.

Overall I'd rate Rogue 9/10. To get the full benefit try to collect all the animus fragments, letters, abstergo tablets and hack all the computers to reveal details in series' plot.

Now to start Unity

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition (Playstation 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars I hadn't looked forward to a COD game this much since MW2 and it's turned out to be really good, and much better than the monstr, 3 Nov. 2014
Really enjoying this call of duty. I hadn't looked forward to a COD game this much since MW2 and it's turned out to be really good, and much better than the monstrosity that was Ghosts. It as a lot in common with Black ops 2, the difference being the exo-suit. Shame people are giving this low ratings due to copies not being delivered and DLC rants as its actually a good game.

Dream Theater Premium Guitar Picks X 10 (A5)
Dream Theater Premium Guitar Picks X 10 (A5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Jan. 2014
Some awesome picks for my favorite band. Wish the print was on both sides but they are great none the less.

Battlefield 4 - Standard Edition (PS3)
Battlefield 4 - Standard Edition (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 13 Dec. 2013
I was holding off buying this game until i got my PS4 but I saw it in the black friday deals and decided to go for it and upgrade later. As BF3 players on PS3 know, the player count is scaled down from 64 on PC and next gen consoles to 24, which resulted in some boring games on larger maps, and the player count for BF4 is the same. However the multiplayer maps released so far are fine for the smaller player count and as a result the game is still fun on PS3. There is a lot more depth in the leveling up system this time around as well. As for the campaign, I can't really say to much as i've only played 2 missions so far, which were relatively good, but lets face it, Battlefield games are all about the multiplayer. All in all I'd say that this game is an improvement on Battlefield 3, although there are some annoying freeze issues when transitioning between matches (I've had this about 3 times in the 10hours I've played mmultiplayer so far). I think I will enjoy this game until finally upgrading early next year to next gen.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition (PS3)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Skull Edition (PS3)
Offered by Excess Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best, 15 Nov. 2013
Having played the whole series I can safely say this is the most fun I've ever had in an Assassin's Creed Game, and it's my joint favourite with Assassin's Creed 2, one of my favourite games of all time. There's so much to do, and I've spent hours trying to do all the side activities. There's also a lot of hidden stuff in the modern day sections that is worth investigating, especially if your like me and think the the modern day storyline is the best (It's really interesting if you know everything about it), although i know a lot of people detest these sections. The skull edition was worth the extra money to me just for the soundtrack, as I love the soundstracks to all the AC games, the art book is well made, unlike Washingtons diary from AC3, and bonus missions reward you with some unique items to customize Edward and his ship, the Jackdaw. I'm really looking forward to next installment in the series after playing this game, and can't wait to play it again when i upgrade to the PS4 version.

Heavy Metal Music
Heavy Metal Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Heavy Metal Music (Audio CD)
I thought it would be good after hearing the ep, but Newsted's debut album exceeded all my expectations. Amazing classic metal sound, and definitely one of, if not the best album of 2013 so far for me.

Daggers
Daggers

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 2nd Album, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Daggers (Audio CD)
I'm a metal/rock fan but don't usually listen to this kind of stuff. However the Defiled are an exception and Daggers is a fantastic follow up Grave Times.

Page: 1 | 2