Profile for Trebor Skcigem > Reviews

Content by Trebor Skcigem

Trebor Skcigem (Europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LUJII150mm ELECTRONIC DIGITAL CALIPERS VERNIER WITH LCD INC HARD CASE (Digital 150mm)
Offered by niruan

4.0 out of 5 stars More than good enough for the average DIY user, 4 Jun. 2017
It’s quite obvious by the price that this is not a piece of apparatuses you’d want to use on a project which requires precision measurements. What it is good for is the average DIY user who wants to know the internal/exterior diameter of a pipe or fitting which this is more than capable of achieving. As long as you reset the readout before each use you’ll be fine.

There are slight inconsistencies in the readouts, although I’m not too worried about these because they appear to be very minor for the jobs I need it to measure. One example is if you fully open the jaws (after resetting the display) and then return them back to the closed position you’ll still get an opening of 002, not 000. Given the display reads from 000 (closed) to 15261 (fully open)

Mine came in a sturdy plastic case with two spare batteries.

12" of Yellow Fuel Line 3mm ID 5.5mm OD for lawnmower strimmers and chainsaws
12" of Yellow Fuel Line 3mm ID 5.5mm OD for lawnmower strimmers and chainsaws
Offered by Outdoor Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for my Titan strimmer, 31 May 2017
Bought this to replace the fuel line on my Titan trimmer/hedge cutter which broke where it entered the fuel tank. The tube fitted well on all parts, including filter, primer bulb and carburettor. There was also enough tube to replace all the fuel lines, not just the one which broke.

Securit Black Adjustable Spring Gate and Door Closer 250mm (10") - Black
Securit Black Adjustable Spring Gate and Door Closer 250mm (10") - Black
Offered by Door Handles

4.0 out of 5 stars Good spring, useless screws and pins, 31 May 2017
The spring assembly is well constructed and looks robust enough to last many years of use. The screws however won’t last more than a few turns with a well fitting hand held screwdriver (with pre drills holes in the wood), mainly due to them been made from a very soft metal which renders them completely useless. I suggest you throw these screws away and replace them with something better otherwise you’ll end up with a knackered screw embedded in the wood which you’ll then be forced to remove with pliers which will also chew the screw up even more.

The holes at each end of the spring which hold the pins don’t go very deep, which causes problems given the pins supplied with it don’t fit very well and are loose. Like many others here, I replaced the pins with a cutting from a 4inch nail which fitted nice and snug into the hole.

When it came to fitting the spring it was straight forward and took about fifteen minutes after the original screw was removed.

Mcoplus -Compatible Wireless IR Remote Control Control for Nikon D7100, D5200, P7100 P7700 D7000 D5000 D3000 D40 D40X D50 D60 D70 D70S D80 D90 D100 P6000 8400 8800 F75 F65 F55, LiteTouch 150ED, 140ED, 130ED, 110S, 100W, D600, Nikon 1, J1, J2, J3, S1, V1, V2 as ML-L3.
Offered by G.O.A Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Clicks all the boxes, 15 April 2017
Purchased this for my Nikon D7100. Given the original remote costs £22 from my usual camera shop I thought I had nothing to lose by spending a few pounds to try this. Quite impressed by the build quality given the price, and to be honest I doubt there would be much difference between the two

Important: Don’t assume the remote isn’t working if you try it for the first time without the camera responding. Most camera (like the D7100) come with this feature disabled. As such you’ll need to go into the settings to enable this before it will work. For the Nikon D7100 you’ll find the option three quarters of the way down in the Shooting menu.

Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - 2181
Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - 2181

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous lens for most occasions., 14 Jun. 2016
For quite a while I was looking for an ultra wide lens for my Nikon D7100 which was both robust, light and had some great optics. When it came to optics I wanted a lens which produced sharp images and could easily control ghosting and flare.

To cut a long story short I found the lens choice was ultimately down to the Nikon 10-24mm AF-S Nikkor f/3.5-4.5G DX ED) and the Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II 11-16mm f/2.8.

There is no doubt having handled both lenses (I purchased mine from a high street store) the Nikon stands out as feeling a lot lighter and maybe not as robustly built as the Tokina. If I was to drop both lenses I’d probably be more confident in seeing the Tokina coming back to life again than the Nikon. I found this surprising given you’d think Nikon would strive to make their own lenses stand out against their competitors. With this said, the Tokina weighed about 3 oz more than the Nikon which itself isn’t the lightest lens to carry around all day.

Even though I try my best to take care of my equipment, I know I can be quite clumsy at times and I’m sure both these lenses would take a couple of knocks during one of my many travels, although The Nikon is definitely more prone to being damaged if knocked from the front.

Operation wise they both appeared to be very smooth. One thing I did notice was the Tokina has a different focus ring than those used on my Nikon 35/1.8G lens On the Tokina the ring is pulled and pushed to switch from AF to MF. Not a big deal given I rarely use the lens in MF mode, but even so the Tokina uses a system I’m not familiar with.

I’m not someone who takes more than a single lens with me when travelling. As such it was important to choose a lens which wasn’t going to keep me tied to a range which was too wide. Given photography through ultra wide lenses is a completely different kettle of fish compared to my usual 35mm prime lens, I didn’t want to be stuck with a lens which didn’t allow me to at least go back to a focal length which was more forgiving. After all, I’m unlikely to see everything suitable to be shot at the widest angle of this lens. As such the range of the Nikon 10-24 was in my opinion better suited for me than the Tokina 11-16 regardless of which direction I wanted to go.

Even if I was prepared to take two lenses on my trips I’m more of a fair weather photographer and therefore unlikely to take many pictures unless there are clear blue skies. What worried me about the Tokina is its unlikely to cope as well as the Nikon in full sunlight given it is said to suffer from flare of the front element. My view is Nikon is years ahead of Tokina in this department and its Super Integrated Coating is said to do a much better job of eliminating ghosting and flare.

I was also made aware of the Tokina lacking sharpness even in the central region when used wide open. Although slightly worse than the Nikon it’s not something many people would notice unless they used third party software to zoom into their pictures. Even so it was something which added another tick to which lens was best for me even though it could be corrected if you went down a stop or two. When it came to distortion and barrelling I thought they were equal given they both had a certain amount of this.

Just to say the Tamron 10-24mm was not an option lens for me Reviews I’ve read state this lens is not even in the same league when it comes to sharpness compared to the Nikon. The AF is also said to be far from being silent unlike the other lenses I saw.

After a hectic month of using the new Nikkor lens I often asked myself if I would I have actually noticed the difference between the two lenses. The answer is a definite yes, and this is for two reasons. The main focal length of the Nikon might only be a single digit wider, but this is equivalent to 10 degrees (four inches at arms length) . This may not be much to many people, but this would have made a huge difference to some of the photos I have taken. Secondly, I often pulled the lens back to a far more forgiving focal length (which the Tokina lens lacks) and was pleased I didn’t need to change the lens to achieve this. Of course there were countless occasions when I needed to open up the lens to its full potential to get the ultimate shot. . . and in a few instances crave for even a wider lens!

The Super Integrated Coating on the Nikkor lens was well capable of controlling any glare from the sun, to the point where I was confident in having the sun visible in the lens knowing it would not have an impact on the shot. Of the first 500 shots, only one had minor lens flare in it. That to me alone was well worth a few hundred pounds extra.

Ok, the Nikkor might not be as robust than the Tokina, but then in its defence, it’s lighter in weight to carry around. Given my photography equipment is insured, I’m not too worried about something happening to it.

DOD LS300W Plus Car DVR 1080P Motion Detect Overwrite Dash Camera Camcorder Advanced WDR Technology Six-Element Sharp Lens G-sensor 2.7" SOS 140°

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera is great - Manual is poor so read this to find out how to access menu, 11 May 2015
Very compact dash-cam. I found it small enough to fit behind my rear view mirror which makes it hard to see from the front, but also doesn’t impair my view. The rear 2.7” LCD is a nice size that is big enough to read the menus clearly. This LCD can be set to switch off after 3 mins. Picture quality is very sharp and crisp and has to be one of the best when it comes to anything just below £100. Nice wide lens which gives a 140º angle. Most importantly for me was the ability to clearly read licence plates, even at night, which this does. No doubt it’s the large f/1.6 aperture lens which makes this cam do so well at night.

Plenty of settings to play around with too. Everything from sound, video resolution, exposure, white balance, language, time, date, plate stamp, and much more. I didn’t change much apart from turning off the sound to save storage on my 32G card. Camera does not come with a Micro SDHC/MMC storage card so you’ll need to buy one separately. Card should be Class 6 or higher and not exceed 32G.

Manual is useless and covers the basics of assembly and what the icons on the LCD mean. There is brief description of the buttons but no information about how to access the menu .

HERE’S HOW TO ACCESS THE MENU.

If the unit is recording (red circle present near top left on screen) then you need to stop it. The Menu button will not do anything unless you stop it recording first. To do this you’ll need to press the Video recording button which is to the right of the on/off button situated on the top right of the camera unit. Once this is done you’ll find the Menu button now works! Use the buttons to the left of the LCD to scroll up and down the menu, and the Video recording button to select. Remember these basics and you’ll find the rest easy.

I withheld one star due to the poor manual.

WDH-210HB 12L/day Dehumidifier
WDH-210HB 12L/day Dehumidifier
Offered by DiO

5.0 out of 5 stars A review on the WDH-210DB-16R, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: WDH-210HB 12L/day Dehumidifier
For those interested in buying a higher capacity dehumidifier with more functions from the same manufacturer, then you might be interested in reading this feedback on the WDH-210DB-16R. It's currently not available here on Amazon. I bought mine from Screwfix about a month ago. Since then the price of the unit has dropped 30% to £99.99.

* Removes 16Ltr/Day
* 2-Speed fan
* Continuous Drainage Facility
* 4Ltr Tank
* Model No: WDH-210DB-16R
* Timer Programmable

We put this unit in one of our spare bedrooms after it suffered badly from a leaking felt roof. Fortunately the room was to be gutted for a complete back to brick renovation. Prior to getting the de-humidifier the humidity in this room was rarely below 87%. As soon at the unit was switched on the humidity level appeared to drop by about 0.7 per hour at full power (2/2) which I thought was impressive given the room was 20ft x 15ft with large single glazed windows on two of the walls.

I found the displayed humidity level on the unit to be incorrect virtually all of the time. Chances are this is a problem which all their models suffer from given they look very similar in design. Not sure why it is inaccurate apart from guessing the sensor is close to the constant air being drawn into the unit. I would suggest buying a separate hydrometer to get a correct reading. I know my hydrometer units are accurate due to having five of the same make and one of them is outside where it can be checked by the Met Office readings of the area. Sometimes the sensor of this unit can be 20% higher than it really is in the room. For me this isn't a problem given I can change the humidity level I want the unit to retain in the room at the touch of a button.

The unit is definitely well built and looks nice. The fan is not too noisy as some have written. There are two fan settings and I'd say the highest setting is no louder than a standard summer desk fan. Powering the fan down to the slowest of the two settings doesn't really make much difference sound wise. However, put the unit behind a wall or closed door and you'll not even know it's there. As for noise of the water dripping into the reservoir, its nothing more than a few seconds an hour.

In the documentation it says the unit will go into defrost mode if the temperature goes below 12ºC. I also found this incorrect as although we rarely heat this room late at night we found the unit would do this as soon as it hit 8 degrees by our separate thermostats. Again, I think this is down to the sensors being close to the circulating air caused by its fan. I could see this being quite annoying to some people given the unit will automatically switch itself off if it reaches a temperature below 5ºC. This is programmed into the unit and cannot be changed. Part reason for this is that the unit doesn't run efficiently then the temperature of the room is too low. Something to keep in mind for properties which are both unheated and empty.

This unit is also capable of being set up with continuous drainage. All you need is a pipe with an internal diameter of 13mm. Fitting it only involves removing a small plastic backplate and inserting the pipe (not provided). Quite handy for those not wanting to empty the water tank every day.

If you want to move the unit around the house then there is a strong handle which is more than able to take the weight even if the water tank is full of water. There are also wheels for those not wanting to lift it.

Unlike old machines these are also relatively cheap to run at about 4p per hour at full power. Given these costs there is no reason why someone with either high a occupancy or damp problem shouldn't keep it on 24/7 during the winter as they are built to be more than capable of doing so. Obviously properties where the condensation isn't caused by high numbers of people occupying the dwelling should look to find the real cause rather than rely solely on this unit.

As for heat output, there isn't much. When I was reading up on what to look for in a de-humidifiers there were lots of posts about the heat they circulate. Personally I didn't see the relevance of someone buying a de-humidifier with the thought of it generating heat! This doesn't give out much at all.

Another great use of this unit is using it to dry clothes indoors. We have a brand new tumble dryer yet we haven't used it once since buying the dehumidifier as it easily does the job. It will easily dry a full washing machine load overnight in our ironing room, which is roughly 18ft x 15ft.

Apart from the inaccurate humidity and temperature readings, I love this unit and certainly don't regret buying it. In fact I'm looking to buy another one so I don't need to move them around the house. Makes even more sense now the price has dropped.

niceEshop(TM) Mini LCD Home Kitchen Cooking Count Down Digital Timer Alarm with Stand
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice size screen, 16 Nov. 2014
This timer has all the functions I was looking for. Nice size screen, easy touch buttons, audible alarm (which is quite loud and continues until stopped), plus a quick and simple interface to set the timer. When I'm busy cooking in the kitchen I'm not wanting to spend a long time fiddling with small buttons to set one up, which with this gadget I don't. Simple minute and second buttons allow you to quickly set the amount of time, with each button increasing in speed if the button is kept pressed. So even setting it for 59 min and 59 seconds doesn't take long. Not worried about the AAA battery draining either. I have other gadgets with bigger screens which are being updating frequently and the batteries last years. So pleased I purchased two.

UPDATE: Having now used this timer countless times for some years I’m here to say it’s still going strong! I should also mention that I haven’t needed to replace the battery either. Defiantly one of the best buys I’ve made during the past years. So buy one and look forward to years of fun in the kitchen.
Takes around two weeks to arrive from China. Both the magnets which should have been connected to the rear clips had come loose during transit and were rattling around in the packaging. Nothing a little bit of glue wont fix for those needing them.

Ex-Pro® Black Hard Clam Shock proof Digital Camera Case Bag CR274D for Casio Exilim EX-FC100, EX-FS10, EX-G1, EX-H15,EX-S5, EX-S6, EX-S7, EX-S10, EX-S10, EX-S12, EX-S100, EX-S200, EX-S500, EX-S600, EX-S600D, EX-S770, EX-S800, EX-S880, EX-TS1, EX-V7, EX-V7SR, EX-V8, EX-Z1, EX-Z2, EX-Z3, EX- Z5, EX-Z6, EX-Z7, EX-Z8, EX-Z9, EX-Z10, EX-Z11, EX-Z12, EX-Z15, EX-Z19, EX-Z20, EX-Z21, EX-Z22, EX-Z25, EX-Z
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 10 Feb. 2014
Bought mine a few years ago and it’s still going strong. This case is taken with me virtually everywhere I travel as it now holds my backup camera (Fujifilm A170 ). Its been through the gates of hell and back and yet the case doesn’t even have a slight bit of damage on it. Normally zips tend to be the first thing to go wrong on such cases, and yet this one has been faultless throughout. Both sides of the case are tough and robust which means you can easily place things on top of it without worrying about your item inside getting damaged. Camera also fits snugly in the case too. I tend not to use the little internal pocket for anything solid as I believe it could easily damage your camera if pressed against it.

I would have easily paid double for it had I of seen it in a shop where I could pick it up and feel it. Well worth the money and more.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Feb. 2014
Bought quite a few of these so I could easily keep track of the humidity level in some of my rooms. Took under two weeks to arrive from Hong Kong which wasn’t too bad. Very pleased with every aspect of the product, from ease of use to readability of the display.

The display updates about nine times a minute which is more than sufficient for it to be up to date with its surroundings. This is easily demonstrated by using it in the bathroom during a shower and seeing the humidity increasing. Not sure how accurate the hydrometer or thermometer are though. Then again it’s not a scientific instrument and a slight discrepancy wouldn’t be an issue for me.

Haven’t encountered the battery fitting problems like some reviewers. Seems only people who have used cheap unbranded batteries have had issues of them being too small. Any yes, they can be smaller :-) . I used Duracell which fitted nicely.

All in all, a good product for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3