Profile for I. McCall > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Genuine Flymo Spacer Washers x 2 to suit various Hover Lawnmowers FLY017
Genuine Flymo Spacer Washers x 2 to suit various Hover Lawnmowers FLY017

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product., 7 Jun. 2016
Bought these for a B and D GL545 and they fit well.

Bulk Hardware Strimmer Spool and Line to Fit Black and Decker Reflex
Bulk Hardware Strimmer Spool and Line to Fit Black and Decker Reflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me .., 7 Jun. 2016
I see that another reviewer found that the line wrapped itself around the spindle and I have experienced the same problem. The line seems to be extra thick and I was forced to remove the entire spool holder to untangle it. It places extra strain on the motor and eventually locks it up. Might work in some machines but not mine, a 545.

Laser 4376 Plug Socket 3/8"d 8mm Thin Wall
Laser 4376 Plug Socket 3/8"d 8mm Thin Wall

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful using this ....., 30 April 2016
The socket is fine, it fits the spark plugs in my R56 mini but there is a catch and it could lead to some serious engine problems. The socket has a small sprung metal cage inside to hold onto the spark plug and help retrieve it from deep plug holes. Unfortunately the cage broke on first use and several of the metal strips dropped back into the spark plug hole. Luckily I hadn't completely removed the plug but if I had these metal strips would have been down the hole and into the cylinder. Goodness knows what damage and costs would have resulted.
If you buy one, rip out this cage before use and use some gaffer tape rammed inside to take hold of the plug. Better still go looking for a socket that works properly and lasts. Laser this seriously needs to be changed.

Silverline 598438 Tap Connector Brass
Silverline 598438 Tap Connector Brass

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit my hoselock stuff., 26 Feb. 2016
Looks to be solid and good quality but wouldn't screw onto my hose reel which is made by hoselock. So, for me, a worthless purchase.

A Queen is Crowned [DVD] [1953]
A Queen is Crowned [DVD] [1953]
Dvd ~ Laurence Olivier

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 25 Jun. 2015
A beautifully made film, fabulous colours and worth watching especially for those who were around at the time.

Padders Women's Lydia Camel Fleece and Fur Lined 414 8 UK
Padders Women's Lydia Camel Fleece and Fur Lined 414 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't have too many baffies !, 25 Jun. 2015
Bought for elderly parent. She's now on her third pair, first one gave good service, second in use at the moment and third was needed as an unused spare in case she has to go into Hospital !! Yes, they fit well, look good, last a good while and extension straps in the same colour and material are available. May I suggest you can buy with confidence.

Desk Landscape Address and Telephone Book - Red
Desk Landscape Address and Telephone Book - Red
Offered by Xpert Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid phone book ., 25 Jun. 2015
Good quality book which was wanted by elderly parent. Clear pages and thick enough paper to allow her to make and change entries. So, for those who still want a book in the home, it's a fine product which looks as if it will last.

Karcher 2645-013 Tap Connector Brass 3/4 to 1/2 Reducing
Karcher 2645-013 Tap Connector Brass 3/4 to 1/2 Reducing

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and effective on my powerwasher., 25 Jun. 2015
Wanted a replacement connector that wouldn't break and this has proven to be the answer. As expected, it fits the Karcher powerwasher and much better than the original fitment. Only a thought but perhaps Karcher use a plastic one to stop damage to the internal parts but in my case so far so good.

Finlux 42 Inch Smart LED TV Full HD 1080p Freeview HD (42FME242S-T)
Finlux 42 Inch Smart LED TV Full HD 1080p Freeview HD (42FME242S-T)

2.0 out of 5 stars Forget it if you want a Smart TV but it might still be worth it as a basic tele., 25 Jun. 2015
Finlux oh Finlux your support staff are great, your customer service has been good but they're suffering from having to deal with a poor product. Granted, for the money, this is one big lump of a television. As a stand alone TV it's ok. The picture is very good, some criticise the tinny sound but I think it ok, the casing is fine if some way behind the market leaders. I even quite like the huge handset, but, the TV takes an age to spring into action, changing channel takes a while to respond and many instructions when using the guide require you to confirm you want to take a particular course....just get on with it, I'm only changing station. I have yet to experience the smart function, using the enclosed dongle it will recognise my internet signal as strong but it will not accept the password and as a consequence I just can't use it as a smart television. Spoke to their online chat support and the bloke tried to resolve before suggesting it would have to be collected for repair. He did not hesitate when I asked for replacement. The new set was delivered quickly but unfortunately it didn't connect either. Another call to the chat line failed to get it working. They suggested using Ethernet cable and I could have tried it but the set is needed in another room so little point. The staff are helpful but they can't get around a poor product. So, I'll use it as a basic TV and a Now box will sort things out....actually Finlux, maybe you should recover the situation with these TVs by including a free Now box rather than a Dongle. I really wanted to like you Finlux, a budget TV with a lot of features ... brill in theory, it's just that you haven't worked things out properly which compels me to keep this at two stars. Had it just been a basic TV I would have been happy to give it three or four even with its slow response to the handset. Set purchased from Finlux Direct.

Denby 24 cm Imperial Trivet, Blue
Denby 24 cm Imperial Trivet, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality Trivet with other uses possible., 21 May 2015
Rock solid Denby item which could last a lifetime. Bought it to make a kitchen clock. Hole drilled in middle and cheap battery powered movement and hands to complete. Easy job I thought but trying to drill through this was tough. It took way longer than expected and if you intend to adapt it I suggest a proper tile drill. Very impressed that it put up such a fight. Think in normal use it will be extremely robust and its a credit to Denby that they are still making these quality items in Derbyshire.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3