Profile for I. McCall > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Einhell BG-EL 2500/2 2500W Variable Speed Control with 3-Function Blower Vacuum
Einhell BG-EL 2500/2 2500W Variable Speed Control with 3-Function Blower Vacuum

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well and good value for money., 14 Mar. 2015
Bought this to replace old Black and Decker unit which never hoovered up leaves and it pretty much remained unused. I thought all such items would be the same but I tried this based on some quality reviews. I can see why some reviews say the wheels came off, they do look pretty flimsy. I can see why some people complain about the bag being a weak spot, yes, it looks like it will not survive harsh treatment. But my goodness this machine works well so far. Exceptionally strong hoovering and blowing, even wet leaves are lifted easily and it breaks them up pretty well. It's easy to use, light enough to use for lengthy periods and puts the much more expensive B and D unit to shame.
With a two year warranty and a price around £40 I can't see much point in paying more.

Ok it's been used twice since the above entry and yes the wheels came off and the bag burst. It works well but I can no longer be so enthusiastic so 1 star now ....

Kolay iPod Nano 8G Case - Purple Leather Flip Case Cover & Screen Protector For Apple iPod Nano 8th Generation
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 3 Mar. 2014
I read the reviews pointing out how good this item was.
I often buy similar cases from a reputable French company who produce quality leather covers for a whole host of electronic gear and I'll simply say that this case does not disappoint in comparison for about a sixth of the price. Very happy with the purchase which appears well made, strong, secures the device well, looks good and, certainly in purple, a good colour match for the ipod.
Wouldn't hesitate to check out other products in this suppliers range.

D-Line Large Cable Tidy Unit - Black
D-Line Large Cable Tidy Unit - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars It could have been better., 26 Feb. 2014
Like many others I paid almost £20 for a plastic box. The box is fairly lightweight and the plastics are not particularly robust, it's easy enough to push the lid inside the box if you're not careful. There are holes in one side of the box but I think it would have been better if the holes were front and back to allow cables to come in the front from the devices and then exit through the rear to the socket. Perhaps some knock out sections might be helpful to customise the box to your own needs.
In fairness, it does hide most of the cables but the box is so light it doesn't deal well with thicker cables or a cable tidy which pull it around a bit. Perhaps the extra weight of large socket adaptor would help.
Think a suitably large box from a DIY store would do a better job but but without the same visual appeal.
Wouldn't bother buying another one.

Proscan V500 VAG VW Audi Car Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader for Engine Airbag ABS com OBD OBD2 CAN BUS - replaces VAG405,VAG305 V400

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a good piece of kit., 6 July 2013
I had repositioned the steering wheel on my Skoda and knew that starting the car with the airbag removed would probably result in a fault being shown. Well it did and instead of contacting the local Hometune guy I decided to take a chance on this item. Rarely does £25 go very far in car repair land but in this case I was absolutely delighted with the quality of the product. It's larger than I'd imagined, well built, safely contained in its box which for a VW/Audi group enthusiast would make a nice gift and yes it works. It found and cleared the fault quickly and I checked out other engine systems. Again it was easy to use and effective.
Its my first experience of such a device and I wasn't sure which one to pick from the large number on offer. Find myself really pleased with my selection and for the money would suggest that you don't have to look any further.

Artis 5 Way Plug T-Socket Mains Switch Extension Adapter Surge Protector
Artis 5 Way Plug T-Socket Mains Switch Extension Adapter Surge Protector
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., 10 May 2010
Well made product which works and looks as good as an adapter can I suppose...
Bit wobbly when fitted in the socket but not a great problem.
Half the price of the same product from a well known retail store.

Hits
Hits
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say ?, 10 May 2010
This review is from: Hits (Audio CD)
We all need to listen to this lady at some stage in our lives so you might as well start with this one.

Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 700ml, Charcoal
Thermos Hydro Active Sports Bottle, 700ml, Charcoal

5.0 out of 5 stars Not great really., 10 May 2010
It all works but its made of hard plastic which causes it to rattle if placed on gym equipment and I don't need to draw any more attention to myself than I already do.
I also used some concentrated fruit juice in it once and can still taste it even though the container gets a thorough clean after every use.
On balance I would look at something lighter and softer if buying again.
Sorry Thermos !

In Love + Light
In Love + Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff !, 10 May 2010
This review is from: In Love + Light (Audio CD)
Saw this singer supporting Eddi Reader and enjoyed her performance. Bought this album and liked it. Worth a listen.

Sealey TP50 Multi-Purpose Syphon and Pump Kit, Set of 8
Sealey TP50 Multi-Purpose Syphon and Pump Kit, Set of 8
Offered by Rapid Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job., 10 May 2010
Needed to empty a fuel tank and this worked well. Good quality and fast delivery.

Nexxus Battery for LG KU990 Viewty
Nexxus Battery for LG KU990 Viewty

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well !, 10 May 2010
I looked at a number of suppliers and wondered if I was getting an original LG battery. Decided to rely on Amazon and chose this one which was evidently not original but I hoped would be a quality product.
It works well and restored problems I had with the phone cutting off which appears to be a common problem with this LG model.
Don't think you'll be disappointed with this buy.....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2012 7:48 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2