Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit
Profile for Lozza > Reviews

Content by Lozza

Lozza

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SAVFY True Wireless Headphone Mini Bluetooth Headphones 4.1 Sports In-Ear Earbud Headset with CSV 6.0 Noise Cancelling Mic and Portable Charging Case. Smallest Stereo Cordless Hand-free Earphone for Music and Calls
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Sadly the bluetooth drop outs have reared their ugly head : (, 10 April 2017
UPDATE: Sadly my set are plagued with the dreaded drop outs. When using them extensively the music stops playing for a sexond or 2 every 4 minutes. Its so regular that I feel it probably relates to the phone checking for data updates or something. Definitely not proximity related. Is very frustrating as it happens at least once every song. Such a shame because otherwise these are a superb set of headphones. Great sound, great looks and battery case make them a must have gadget but spoiled by the shonky bluetooth connection.
I was a bit worried after reading the reviews complaining about drop outs but as I had received some vouchers for a birthday present I thought I'd give them a go. They arrived today and I am pleased to report that I have experienced no such drop outs so far indoors. I have placed the phone in my pocket and even left my phone (S7 edge) downstairs and went upstairs with the signal only being lost when on the second floor.
I followed the set up instructions to the letter, fully charging both buds before testing them. One took a couple of minutes whilst the other about 30 mins (wait for both red charging indicators to go off before use)
Next pairing, make sure you pair the earbuds to each other before trying to pair with your phone. Press and hold the button on the back of the earbuds at the same time for around 6 secs until the led light on both buds flash red and blue alternatively. Then leave them a few seconds to pair with each other. This has only been successful if one continues to flash red and blue (the master) and the other blue (the slave). The first time I tried this they both flashed blue meaning they hadn't paired.
Then search for them on your phone, they should only be listed once (if they appear twice they are not paired so repeat first steps again)
Once connected they function much better than I was expecting. Sound is clear and will go relatively loud. The sound is tuned for bass (provided you have inserted them all the way into your ear canals) which gives them quite an upbeat sound signature which is probably most at home playing modern music. I found it a little bit bloated for my tastes drowning out much of the finer details of a song but to be fair I wasn't expecting these to be the best sounding pair of headphones I own.
The sound port on the earbuds is quite large so beware if you have very narrow ear canals. However, they fitted in my ears nicely with the supplied medium tips (small and large also come bundled). The overall quality of the build, packaging and charging case is very good with the latter probably being the highlight. Having a powered case which can charge the buds every time you store them is a really neat idea and it can even be used as a power bank to charge your phone as well. Overall very happy with these eaephones, they have surpassed the expectations I had based on reading other reviews by a long shot. I will update this review if anything changes but for the time being I am one happy customer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2017 9:40 AM BST

Brainwavz Replacement Memory Foam Earpads - Suitable For Many Headphones - AKG, HifiMan, ATH, Philips, Fostex, Grado, Sony ear pad (Black)
Offered by Brainwavz Audio UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these pads and be amazed!, 15 Aug. 2015
I bought these as the first stage of modifying some Fostex T50rp headphones and was amazed at what they did to the sound. Out of the box the Fostex headphones had a massive mid range hump which for my listening was not good. After installing the HM5 pads (incidently which was not easy and did end up damaging the elastic which holds them in place) the sound was conpletely altered. The bass became more obvious, powerful and very well articulated. The mids were still well represented and the soundstage became enormous (almost on a par with the HD700's). The treble needed a few simple tweeks to perfect. I was literally amazed at the effect these pads had in taking a headphone that in my opinion sounded bad to sounding pretty good. I had never realised how much pads affected the sound. Buy these you won't regret it and they are so comfy!

Alfa Romeo 159 Saloon Deluxe Quality Car Mats
Alfa Romeo 159 Saloon Deluxe Quality Car Mats
Offered by CYBERSPARES CAR MATS

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality mats for the money, 23 May 2015
Not as thick as I was hoping but for the price good enough. The fit is perfect for my vehicle so overall pleased with the mat set.

Rii® i25 Wireless Multifunction QWERTY Air mouse keboard IR remote learning remote--UKEOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy media centre remote, 23 May 2015
Works perfectly as a keyboard and mouse for my home theatre pc. Teaching it remote commands was a little tricky until I found a youtube tutorial as the instructions are a little difficult to follow. However, the range of the ir is not sufficient to reach my telly unfortunately (the same with my Note 3). Being rechargeable is also a major bonus. All in all I would recommend it as a keyboard and mouse replacement for the living room.

Medford Asylum: Paranormal Case - Hidden Object Adventure (FULL)
Medford Asylum: Paranormal Case - Hidden Object Adventure (FULL)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this game although it was a little short, 4 Jan. 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this game although it was a little short. Look forward to more quality titles from this designer, hopefully with a few more hours worth of gameplay.

Xbox One Console - Sports Pack
Xbox One Console - Sports Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Top deal on the Xbox One, 4 Jan. 2015
This was one of the best deals available during the deal season at £350 it was a no brainer when the best deal I was considering was £300 with Fifa alone. This package had an extra controller and 2 other games, the crew and WK215 wrestling. Fifa is obviously the biggest title on the list but the crew and wk215 are both decent games. Overall I, and my son who this was bought for as an Xmas gift, are very happy.

Logitech UE 6000 Headphones - Black
Logitech UE 6000 Headphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb headphones for this money!!, 15 Nov. 2014
These really are a great pair of headphones for the £40 I paid for them. Unbelievable thry can even be found for about half this these days. Firstly, they look stylish and help to define you from the beats crowd. Build quality is superb (I think original rrp was near £200! So expect quality to compete in this price range). Comfort is also top notch and they remain comfortable fir hours of extended use due to the deep memory foam and pleather ear cups. Sound is good in passive mode with the volume cranked on an ipod or phone. In active NC mode bass is boosted which gives a fun on the go sound but will not be pleasing to the audiophile crowd who expect a flat frequency response. Accessories are good with batteries, neoprine case, removeable cable with remote and two way splitter. Packaging is also high quality. The only reason I haven't rated these five stars is that they are not rechargeable and need batteries for active noise cancelling mode. However, on the pair that I had I didn't really notice a massive benefit to the noise cancelling. A major plus is that they still play in passive mode if the batteries are flat unlike other models. The other downside, which ultimately led to us parting company was that they are quite large and protrude quite a distance from the head. I have quite a small head and felt the two things did not complement each other very well. Worth bearing in mind if you too have a small noggin. Otherwise, excellent headphones!

Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - Purple
Logitech UE 4000 Headphones - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Best you can buy for this money!!, 15 Nov. 2014
I bought these for my son because they were so cheap for such a well respected brand in the audio world (ultimate ears make most of the custom iems worn by professional musicians) For the money these are absolutely unbeatable. Neat, well constructed, memory foam headband and earcups, removeable cable with remote!, velvet carry pouch and splitter. The reason fir such quality accessories etc us that they were intended to be sold for much more money then this. The sound is also excellent for this price point. Buy some, you wouldn't be disatisfied at 3 times the price unless you're a complete miser.

AKG K701 Reference Class Open-Back, Over-Ear Premium Headphones
AKG K701 Reference Class Open-Back, Over-Ear Premium Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected!!, 15 Nov. 2014
I aquired a pair of these headphones out of curiosity as they are widely regarded as some of the flatest and most revealing headphones available but was expecting a thin sound which was lacking in bass. I had also heard some reviewers describe them as plasticky and artificial sounding. They couldn't have been more wrong, which has led me to writing this review. Firstly the soundstage of these cans is superb giving an airy and spacious representation of the music being listened to. The detail retrieval at the top end is second to none with every sound captured and rendered un natural detail. The mids and vocals came across well although were not forward sounding. Finally the bass, was more than adequatly present especially on bass heavy tracks. It's just not artificially boosted on tracks where the original recording didn't intend it. I think that as a result, tgey are ideal for professional studio usage but also would make a nice set of home headphones for someone whose priority us accurate sound reproduction. Excellent classical recordings really shine on these headphones. They are also extremely lightweight and comfortable to wear. The only minus I can see is no removeable cable.

Grado SR80i Prestige Series Open Backed Headphones (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Entry level audiophile equipment, 26 Oct. 2014
Although not quite as cheap as they can be bought over the pond these still represent the cheapest entry into audiophile listening available in my opinion. In a market that is saturated by boomy bass earphones which bleed into the mids spoiling the overall appreciation of a song these might not seem so great at first listen. However, if you can allow your brain to unlearn the notion that booming bass is good you will return to these over and over again and always leave with a smile on your face. The bass is there in spades but its refined and controlled. The whole shape of the bass notes can be appreciated rather than the muddy and bloated bass associated with celebrity endorsed headphones. The mids are also well represented with female vocals sounding especially lifelike but where Grado headphones truly shine is in the treble. They give an ultra revealing air to the music which will have you hearing details of songs you have not noticed before. The only downside is that as open backed they're only really designed for at home listening. I love these headphones and often wear them over much more expensive pairs due to how engaging their sound signature is. Easily driven by phones etc as well due to low impedence of 32ohm.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4