Profile for M.Rekrab > Reviews

Content by M.Rekrab

M.Rekrab (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
USN Protein Fuel 50 Ready to Drink Protein Shakes, Chocolate Cream - 6 x 500 ml Bottles

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought these as a dietary supplement for days my protein intake will be below target, 14 May 2017
Bought these as a dietary supplement for days my protein intake will be below target. I don't use them as pre/post shakes so can't comment on that. They are expensive but 50g of protein in a milkshake is utterly absurd. I like the taste personally, they're quite thick and well mixed so quite enjoyable to consume rather than something you just down quickly like a typical protein shake. Full marks.

Grenade Carb Killa High Protein and Low Carb Bar, 12 x 60 g - Cookies and Cream
Grenade Carb Killa High Protein and Low Carb Bar, 12 x 60 g - Cookies and Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Damage limitation snack!, 7 May 2017
I'm generally not a fan of supplements/protein bars etc. I try and satisfy my dietary requirements with real food. That said, I keep a box of these in the house when I'm cutting for moments when I lose willpower and get the urge to snack on something tasty. They're delicious and 20g protein/bar is going to do less damage to your macros than a regular bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps. I think of them as a damage limitation snack!

Galaxy S8+ Screen Protector [2-Pack][NOT Glass], Yootech LiQuidSkin Wet Applied Anti-Bubbles Samsung Galaxy S8 plus HD Clear Case Friendly Film - Lifetime Warranty[Galaxy S8 plus]
Offered by YOOTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions properly!, 7 May 2017
A lot of negative complaints about this product, presumably from people who didn't take time to watch the YouTube video properly and exercise patience during the application process. The sections covering the curved edge of the device do not peel if you follow the instructions. My advice is to invest some time, watch the video carefully and spend a good 5-10 minutes when you apply the protector. I usually have my S8+ without a case but slide on a hard plastic one for the gym/running and this screen protector has been able to cope with this showing no signs whatsoever of peeling.

Beats by Dr. Dre Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Gloss Black
Beats by Dr. Dre Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones - Gloss Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Solo3 v Powerbeats3, 4 Dec. 2016
I generally don't like paying over the odds for average products. These are exceptional and worth every penny. Connection is a breeze and so reliable, literally flick them open, press the button and they sync to your phone instantly. Battery life is frankly ridiculous, you really have to use them for 2 weeks without charging them once to actually believe it. I have the Powerbeats3 which I use for the gym and running (these also have Apple's W1 chip) and the battery life is no where near as good as these. I use these for my commute and the sound quality is pretty good. I never thought I'd say this about a Beats product but the bass isn't actually anywhere near as good as the Powerbeats3 - I would say the sound is more balanced. The Powerbeats3 are just awesome for exercise though with the inner ear setup delivering plenty of bass. I have to say the collaboration between Beats and Apple have delivered some exceptional headphones and I struggle to see how anyone would be disappointed unless you're a hardcore audiophile in which case you shouldn't even be reading this! These are the gold standard in the market of bluetooth headphones at the time of writing.

Fujifilm FUJINON XF23 mm F2 R WR Wide Angle Lens - Black
Fujifilm FUJINON XF23 mm F2 R WR Wide Angle Lens - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The camera has been stunning and the kit lens has produced great results - but this lens is absolutely phenomenal, 23 Oct. 2016
I'm surprised there are no reviews for this lens on Amazon. At the time of writing this is a new lens in the Fuji line up. My personal experience as a photography enthusiast (albeit not a pro) goes back with Canon SLR gear over several years and recently I changed to the "dark side" through my mirrorless Fuji XT-10. The camera has been stunning and the kit lens has produced great results - but this lens is absolutely phenomenal. I can hand my XT-10 in fully automatic mode to anyone and the snaps will be absolutely stunning - but the manual control this lens provides is also incredible. Stop down to F2 and use manual focus and the results are excellent - in auto the lens focuses very quickly but F2 is still risky. I have no experience with its more expensive brother which goes down to 1.2 or 1.4 (I can't remember off the top of my head) but the marginal increase in cost for me simply isn't worth it. Absolutely fantastic lens, well, well wroth the outlay.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2016 5:06 PM BST

Samyang 12 mm F2.0 Manual Focus Lens for Fuji X - Black
Samyang 12 mm F2.0 Manual Focus Lens for Fuji X - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Construction is solid and it feels like a premium product, 20 Aug. 2016
I've always been skeptical about using third party products but I have to say this lens is outstanding. Shoot in RAW and the latest version of Lightroom already has the compatible plugin to correct the distortion and CA etc. Construction is solid and it feels like a premium product. It's absolutely essential to keep in mind there are no contacts so you need to read the instructions carefully to setup your camera correctly to function with it, and it's very much a manual lens. If you're a POS, pick your shutter and ISO, then use the manual focus and aperture on the lens to compose your shot. This is completely manual and does not communicate with the camera, the RAW images will not save data such as aperture. Actual quality in my eyes is outstanding with the Lightroom corrections applied but this is subjective. In short, I cannot see how the Fuji equivalent is wroth all the extra, this lens is brilliant. It's a great lens for creative shots but absolutely perfect for wide long exposures within indoor settings.

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for iOS- Black/Red
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-Ear Headphones for iOS- Black/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones but not the best for vigorous exercise, 19 Aug. 2016
Brief review here. These are brilliant for commuting, and in terms of exercise weightlifting. I wouldn't recommend them for running because as others have stated they do have a tendency to slide out the ears during vigorous exercise. This can mostly be mitigated by choosing the correctly sized ear bud - seems a lot of people have overlooked this! In terms of sound quality, generally excellent bass-wise and perfect for dance, rap, house music etc. Summary - excellent headphones but do not buy for running, I use these most of the time and the Apple iPhone headphones for running.

Canwelum Smart Step-on & Auto-off User-friendly Precision Digital Bathroom Scale, Digital Body Scale, Body Weight Scale, Digital Weight Scale with Fashionable Style (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy, good value, does what it says on the tin, 18 Oct. 2015
Looks tidy, the purple is a lot more subtle in the flesh, I was worried it would be quite garish but this isn't the case. Scales work brilliantly, fast and the backlit screen is bright and easy to read. Mine wasn't supplied with batteries, not sure if it's supposed to be. Great little purchase for the money.

Apple iPod shuffle - 1GB Blue
Apple iPod shuffle - 1GB Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Critical fault with iTunes 7.0.2 : Please Read, 17 Feb. 2007
It is ESSENTIAL that when you first sync the shuffle you enable disk use via the option in iTunes. This prevents iTunes from automatically disconnecting the shuffle. If you do not do this, the shuffle is disconnected automatically as soon as you plug it in, which means you are unable to update it. You will get the messages "Unknown error: Device cannot be read from or written to" which is displayed because the iPod has been disconnected although iTunes doesn't' realise it has disconnected it. iTunes will then freeze and you will be unable to reset the iPod or enable disk use. So make sure you enable Disk Use the very first time you plug in your shuffle! Otherwise you will have to manually reformat the Shuffle (so iTunes thinks that it is brand new) which is extremely complicated.

As usual, Apple deny the fault but I can confirm after looking for a solution on internet forums that hundreds of people are experiencing it.

Other than that, it is a great little gadget. Excellent sound quality, low noise and absolutely ideal for joggers, gym-goers, gardening, washing the car etc etc

The Back Room [2CD]
The Back Room [2CD]
Offered by vinylexchange-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 31 July 2005
This review is from: The Back Room [2CD] (Audio CD)
I wish people would stop belittling them in favour of Interpol. After hearing 'Munich' a few months back, I decided to go and buy this album. At the same time, I bought 'Antics' by Interpol.
This album is MUCH better. It's more tuneful, more energetic, more fluid, more varied, and simply a better album. I won't go as far as saying it's flawless, there are of course some tracks I don't like (All Sparks) but I'd be inclined to say it's the best album of any 'new' band I've bought for several months!
Listen to Lights, Munich and Blood. They'll give you a flavour of the band's style.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3