Profile for Matt Davies > Reviews

Content by Matt Davies

Matt Davies (West Sussex)

Flowering Tea Sampler Tin (5 hand-tied blooms)
Flowering Tea Sampler Tin (5 hand-tied blooms)
Offered by Exotic Teapot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Present!, 31 Dec. 2015
Great product - purchased as a Christmas present for my sister. She dived straight into it and was delighted with the quality of the flowering tea.

I have to be honest, I don't know a lot about flowering tea as I do prefer coffee, but I can give this 5 stars based on the smile that it put on my sister's face. Thanks for a great product! :)

Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing
by Ian Brodie

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most engaging UK business people I know, 21 Nov. 2013
I first came across Ian Brodie a few years ago when I was referred to one of his blog posts from a popular business forum that I was part of. After reading his site for an hour or so, I realised that he really did 'know his onions' and I immediately subscribed to hear more information from him...via email (so yes, it does work!)

I am a marketing professional myself and I run a small digital agency based on the South Coast of England. Over the last 2.5 years Ian has sent me all sorts of emails relating to different marketing ideas and strategies. I've enjoyed reading them and watching the videos that he produces on a regular basis. I like to listen to other marketers in the industry as I feel it is extremely important to keep up-to-date with new ideas, but also to get positive reinforcement for your own.

Ian's book about Email Marketing was something that immediately captured my attention as it's a method I used myself when I first started out in business, to try to generate new business. The one thing he does differently and goes into great detail to emphasise is that this is something you should grow and nurture over time. I very much enjoyed reading about his methods for measuring the effectiveness of Email Marketing campaigns in Chapter 9, which actually taught me a few things that I could do differently and save myself time. Anything that can save me time and make my life (and my client's lives!) easier, is something that I'm very keen to learn.

This book is an excellent tool to add to your marketing efforts, whether you're an existing marketer or whether you're a small business owner who is looking at how you can use the power of Email Marketing to help your business to grow. I feel that Ian caters for both parties with his book, never feeling condescending, always keeping a great sense of humour and just the right level of professionalism. I've found the book to be very motivating and it has certainly pushed me into revising the way I use Email Marketing currently.

I was lucky enough to speak to Ian on the phone last week, regarding a query I had about re-branding what I do personally next year. He was polite, attentive yet very humbling to talk with and it felt like he genuinely cared about helping me. Reading his book this week gave me the exact same feeling. I highly recommend the book to anyone who needs a helping hand or a new idea for their marketing arsenal. I hope that you will enjoy the same feeling that I had and that it will drive you forward and help you to grow your own business.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 2:24 AM BST