Profile for M. Beetham > Reviews

Content by M. Beetham

M. Beetham (Ashford, Middlesex United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Days Without End
Days Without End
by Sebastian Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 7 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Days Without End (Hardcover)
Wonderful. It was a real treat to read this, after reading about three books that were mediocre at best.
Descriptive, gritty and moving - I loved it.

My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises
My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost on me, 21 Aug. 2017
I'm afraid that I found this book really irritating. I found the whole thing silly and pointless. It was neither a good story or a good fairy tale.

I was recommended the book by a friend and so I persevered with it until the very end. But I don't think I've ever been happier to get to the end of a book.

Portable Charger RAVPower 22000mAh Power Bank 5.8A Output 3-Port Battery Pack (2.4A Input, Triple iSmart 2.0 USB Ports, Li-polymer Battery) for Smartphones and Tablets - Black
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Products and great Customer Service, 29 July 2017
I bought a Ravpower RP-PB022 , two port portable charger over a year ago. After about 13 months it stopped working. I was surprised, because the build quality was excellent, as was the packaging when the unit arrived from Amazon.

I liked the product so much that I purchased another, a larger RP-PB052 model. As I was registering this online for a free extended warranty (I didn't do so for the original) I thought I'd try contacting the customer service team to explain that I was surprised the first unit failed after just a year or so. I didn't really anticipate having much success in getting a replacement.

However, I couldn't have had a better experience. I contacted support.uk@ravpower.com and within two days a chap called Lamar got back to me. He was really helpful and totally professional. He apologised for the problem I'd had and immediately suggested sending me a replacement free of charge and without even requesting the return of the faulty unit. Two days later the replacement arrived from Amazon and I am a really happy customer.

I also noticed on the Sunvalleytek website that in addition to the RavPower range they also manufacture the Taotronics range of bluetooth speakers. I bought one about two years ago for my daughter, it is really good quality and makes great sounds for such a small speaker. I liked it so much that I've now got a second one just for myself. I've got two Klipsch units in my house that cost six times as much, are much larger and sound no better.

So, to cut a long story short, I am really happy with the Sun Valley products and totally impressed by RavPower UK customer service. I'm an engineer and a business consultant, developing quality and environmental management systems. I've worked many global companies over the last 15 years and I recognise a great business. In my experience, this is a really good company, making excellent products and with faultless customer service. Thank you.

Merrell Moab Mid Gore-Tex , Men's Lace-Up High Rise Hiking Shoes - Walnut, 10.5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead comfy but definitely not waterproof, 18 Feb. 2017
I like these boots on a dry day. Dead comfy but definitely not waterproof. I use alternative, leather and more expensive boots on wet day walks.

Trunk Music (Harry Bosch Book 5)
Trunk Music (Harry Bosch Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 18 Feb. 2017
Great

MetroFlash Danger Zone Tail Light
MetroFlash Danger Zone Tail Light
Offered by GsportsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's really good, 18 Feb. 2017
This lamp is good and great value.

Berghaus Unisex Twent Four Seven Plus 25 Outdoor Rucksack, Black,  One Size
Berghaus Unisex Twent Four Seven Plus 25 Outdoor Rucksack, Black, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little backpack, 18 Feb. 2017
I really like this for day trips. It's good for my once a week, 20 mile walks with the dog on the Surrey Downs.

Pack Of 10 X Halogen Energy Saving 100W = 135W ES Edison Screw Cap E27 Gls Lamps / Traditional Style Light Bulbs
Offered by ElectricalWorld

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 18 Feb. 2017
They don't last long. I now buy led bulbs only.

(Pack of 2) 90 degree right angle hdmi adapter female to male, 90 degree hdmi bend -pjp electronics®
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Feb. 2017
All fine

Panasonic CR2025L Specialist Lithium Coin Battery (Pack of 2)
Panasonic CR2025L Specialist Lithium Coin Battery (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Feb. 2017