Profile for I. Halling > Reviews

Content by I. Halling

I. Halling "Ian H" (Gloucestershire, England)

Honda C50, C70 & C90 1967 - 2003: 1967 to 2003 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by Mervyn Bleach

4.0 out of 5 stars Haynes. The name says it all., 5 Mar. 2011
Well what can I say about this book? Its a Haynes manual, which as some will know means its absolutely wonderful for somethings and useless for others. The text can be a bit vague at times but the pictures and wiring diagrams are often invaluable. Its better to have one than not though. One of the most valuable tasks these books provide is if you are offered one with a secondhand vehicle, look through it for the "dirty" pages. That will tell you what problems the owner has had with the vehicle.

Sanctuary
Sanctuary

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better, 12 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Sanctuary (Audio CD)
This has got to rate as one of their best albums of all time. A slightly newer sound but still classic Mantis at heart. I wasnt sure about the new singer Mike Freeland, but his voice does suit this style of music, I hope he stays with the band. I doubt if the single from this album,Turn The Tide, will get any serious airplay or make it onto the music TV, but, fortunately for us that never worries these guys they just keep on making excellent music for those lucky enough to have discovered them.

Time Tells No Lies
Time Tells No Lies

3.0 out of 5 stars All Pray to the Mantis, 17 May 2009
This review is from: Time Tells No Lies (Audio CD)
I have followed Praying Mantis since I saw them nearly 30 years ago and for fans of big dramatic songs these are the boys. Some of these songs take a while to get into, but they will all grow on you. A fine effort, these guys should have been huge.

Stone [DVD] [1974]
Stone [DVD] [1974]
Dvd ~ Ken Shorter
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A real classic, 17 May 2009
This review is from: Stone [DVD] [1974] (DVD)
Dont expect oscar winning performances from this low budget movie. Its a real sign of its times and as such is a genuine cult classic. No special effects and a poor plot cannot detract from this films appeal, buy it now.

TomTom One v3 3.5" Sat Nav with UK Maps (discountinued by manufacturer)
TomTom One v3 3.5" Sat Nav with UK Maps (discountinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 17 May 2009
Nice size, good display and sound. On the downside it has only a 2 hour battery life and can take several minutes making initial contact with the satelite. I would buy it again though.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 1 Feb. 2008
This film has got to one of the biggest rip offs I have ever seen. The plotline is so thin it is transparent and the acting would disgrace the most amateur of amateur dramatics. The editing is so poor that the whole film is very disjointed and lacks any logical follow through complicating the already feeble story. Also the film is shot in almost total darkness making it hard to tell whats going on during the action sequences.
All in all a very sad effort involving two of the best "monster" creations of recent years.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says., 26 Jan. 2008
I am not a big movie goer and this is certainly not my kind of film, but I had a free ticket so what the heck. To my surprise I thoroughly enjoyed this film and even if it was a little predictable I had a smile on my face the whole time.

Enchanted? I most certainly was.