Profile for Ms. F. Haselden > Reviews

Content by Ms. F. Haselden

Ms. F. Haselden

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
HiDay 7 Set Travel Organizer Bag System, 3 Packing Cubes + 3 Pouches + 1 Toiletry Organizer bag, Premium quality
Offered by Novawo-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good considering the price, 30 Aug. 2017
Good considering the price. You do "get what you pay for" and this set is not premium top-quality stuff, but it's great for the price. The set has lots of bags and I especially liked the toiletry hanger which takes a surprising amount! It's made form lightweight nylon/ripstop type fabrics. The zips are quite lightweight, so you'd have to not overstuff. Considering all you get for this price I'd definitely say it's a good buy. Only thing is I'd prefer more of the cubes in favour of the zip pouches. Just one more cube vs one less pouch would make it 5 star. Going to buy the passport case now after getting this!

Mack's Safesound Soft Foam Slim Fit Earplugs - Pack of 10 Pairs
Mack's Safesound Soft Foam Slim Fit Earplugs - Pack of 10 Pairs
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to buy these lovely tapered ones from my local Superdrug but they phased them out and brought in the standard horrible shaped ones, 29 Aug. 2017
Coming back for my second purchase (I tend to lose them easily). I have worn ear plugs every night for around 8 years. I used to buy these lovely tapered ones from my local Superdrug but they phased them out and brought in the standard horrible shaped ones. Since finding these Mack's earplugs I finally have a brand that I will come back to again and again! They fit really well. As it goes (and any experienced earplug wearer will tell you) there is a knack to inserting them which you figure out eventually (personally I make them small, pull the top of my ear to open the canal better and use my arm over the top of my head to insert them. Don't tell me why it works but it does). These are really comfortable. One box lasted me 6 months which is really good going considering the price (the cat steals them and hides them around the house so I use a new pair every week or so).

Skandika Navaho Family TeePee Tent - 5 Person, Brown/White, with Sewn-in Groundsheet

5.0 out of 5 stars Love our tent in every way!, 16 Aug. 2017
We love this tent! W wanted a large tent so that we always had room for family if needed, but it ended up just being two of us in this tent. I really wanted one of the lovely bell tents, my boyfriend wanted a performance tent so this was an excellent compromise.

We were really worried this tent was going to be gigantic when we measured out the length of it in our house. It was pretty damn big, but once out in the field it didn't seem so bad. We didn't use the bedroom part, so we were able to put our king sized mattress in the tent behind the pole and still have plenty of room. And I mean plenty; our next camping trip we will bring some more furniture. We are planning to bring a clothes rack and camp kitchen to keep inside the tent as there is that much room!

Erecting the tent was ridiculously easy if you have remotely any experience erecting tents (I have very little, put up tents once or twice). Despite it's size, it only includes three bendy poles and one central pole. I reckon you could put this tent up by yourself, but it's always easier with a second person. I still wouldn't be put off by erecting it myself. The hardest thing about erecting it is laying out the groundsheet correctly as it's large so you'll end up running up and down to unfold it, but that's it!

There are three bendy poles which form the roof part, and you attached angled poles with solid plastic connectors on each side. In the picture you can see these angular corner bits. Stick the side poles into the pegs, flex the bendy top pole to fit and that's it. All three are the same construction just slightly different sizes, and there is full colour coding.

The central pole is just four parts that fit together. You push the rubber ended top part up into the middle of the teepee and stand it upright in the centre - that's it. Very easy to do.

There are loads of guy lines already attached to the tent, including some you need to tie on (front porch).

The windows have nice roll-down windows and you can easily roll up the doorway and attach it with the hooks to keep it open in the day. We camped on a very windy day and the tent jostled a bit in the wind but didn't move much. The guy lines needed tightening in the morning but that's OK.

Getting it back in the bag was so easy as the bag has a drawstring so opens very large - no problem at all packing it away. We actually used the tent bag for our camping bedding as well which was useful.

The tent is quite heavy, two people needed to lift or carry (though I was able to lift it myself enough to get it in the car, but I'm not very strong). You don't really want to carry this for long distances unless there are two of you and even then it might be a struggle.

We have the vango carpet in here which made it extra luxurious.
Comment Comment | Permalink

MEDIZED Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint Foot Drop Ankle Plantar Fasciitis Foot Instep Injury Night with Rehabilitation Orthotic
Offered by MEDIZED.EUROPE

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised that it actually works great!, 7 Aug. 2017
Surprised that it actually works great! I didn't really expect this to work. I have plantar fasciitis and find it so painful in the mornings, I will actually hobble out of bed.

It took a few nights to get used to. The first night I felt like it was stretching the arch of my foot too much and giving me pain so I kept it on for an hour before removing it. The second night it felt better but I ended up removing it in the wee hours after sunrise. Third and fourth nights now I've kept it on until the morning and I can walk like a normal person from the moment I wake up. I still have some foot pain, but it seems to be getting better. I will continue to use this and see how it goes. It's very comfortable and well made. It's soft and easy to sleep with and I don't get too hot either. I wear it sockless. You can bend the bar to make the shape suited to how stretched you want your foot to be. Buy it but keep persevering if you find it uncomfortable at first, it will get better.

Bandelette's Unisex Thigh Bands Beige size E (29-30)
Bandelette's Unisex Thigh Bands Beige size E (29-30)
Offered by mish_outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars The Solution to chub rub, 22 Jun. 2017
Absolutely in love with these. I have previously owned Bandelettes from when the company was new. Those ones only came in lace and were a little shorter (about 4.5" deep) and although I used them, they weren't perfect. These ones are another level. They are long enough now to completely cover the affected area (I rub from the groin all the way down to almost the mid thigh) and the 6" covers all. The fabric is so soft and swishy between my legs, unlike the lace which had more friction. Saying that they still don't budge at all (the old ones never budged, which is why I liked them even though they weren't perfect). I can wear these with confidence that they absolutely will not budge.

They are quick to clean. I pop them in the sink with some warm water and gently rub them and then just leave them to soak. They dry quickly so I can use one pair day after day.

This, for me, is The Solution to chub rub. The answer to my summer!

Parrot Bay Freeze & Squeeze Frozen Berry Daiquiri, 250ml
Parrot Bay Freeze & Squeeze Frozen Berry Daiquiri, 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars These are so bad it's good, 18 Jun. 2017
These are so bad it's good. They are basically just slush puppies with alcohol. You only get enough for one glass but I drank it quick!

Scott Cornwall Shine On Original Conditioning Hair Glaze
Scott Cornwall Shine On Original Conditioning Hair Glaze

5.0 out of 5 stars More impressive than I expected, 4 April 2017
More impressive than I expected. I wasn't quite sure if this stuff would do much but I was really pleasantly surprised. There is a very very noticeable shine on my hair and it's so soft and smooth (actually I'm having problems tying it up because it slips, it's that shiny!) I have medium length hair just below my shoulders and very very thick. Most products I have to buy two boxes, but there was plenty of this left. It's quite a thin mixture unlike hair dye so it goes onto the hair very easily. I pulled it through with a wide toothed comb. The pre-treatment smells lovely and the stuff itself is mostly unscented maybe just a subtle creamy smell. I left it on for 20 minutes, no heat needed and no further shampoo or conditioner needed. I blow dried with a paddle brush and usually my hair goes fluffy after being blow-dried but it's gorgeously shiny. I used it over a box dye brown at my roots and pink Directions hair dye on my ends and it locked in the colour and didn't affect the colour at all. My hair was still slightly damp when I went to bed which usually leaves me with a pink pillow, but it was totally white. So this is a really good treatment to protect from staining if you use coloured stains on your hair.

JVC HA-FX32 Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones
JVC HA-FX32 Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones
Offered by Q.M.R DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Do they have good sound? It's fine, 12 Jan. 2017
These earbuds are the only ones I will use. Do they last long? No not really, about 6 months to a year with daily use. Do they have good sound? It's fine, but they're earbuds so what do you expect. But here's the kicker, I have tiny earholes. I cannot use pretty much any other earbuds. I have never found a pair that snuggly fit in my ears. iPhone ones are the worst, they barely hang on to the edge of my earhole. People will pass me their headphones to listen to something and I'll have to hold the bud to my ear because it simply won't fit. From £90+ earbuds to those that come free with phones - none of them fit except JVC's marshmallows and that's why I've been buying them for nearly a decade.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So impressed, 2 Dec. 2016
(Unlike other reviewers, I paid for this product. I didn't receive anything free!)

So our car battery died just days before a trip away and so close to Christmas. Not good at all! Ordered this quickly and charged it up over the afternoon. I'm so impressed with it. The size is tiny and it has a nice little torch as extra too!

Couldn't be simpler even for someone like me who knows little about cars. Pop the bonnet, locate the battery. Check that you've got the right cables (luckily the connectors on my battery are red and black to match each lead). Clip on securely and press the power button. Gave the car a start and voila, started first time like a dream.

I'm not at all scared about the possibility of our battery going now, knowing I have this in the car!

UEETEK 11pcs DIY Leather Craft Tool Die Punch Snap Kit Rivet Setter with Base for Punch Hole and Install Rivet Button
Offered by Amiragoo

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. While the selection seems to be fairly good, 16 Oct. 2016
Very disappointed. While the selection seems to be fairly good, the sizes of the setters are very specific. There is no gentle concave setter, they are all for quite specific cap or shank sizes. Therefore, you won't be able to use any of these on a double cap rivet or even if you wanted to hammer flat. I would have liked a gentle concave setter to be included as standard.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2017 6:38 AM GMT