Profile for Laurianne > Reviews

Laurianne

The Devil's Thumbprint
The Devil's Thumbprint

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to enjoy without moderation, 12 Sept. 2014
A little "Madeleine de Proust" to enjoy with your favourite drink, preferably a glass of fine red wine.
The Devil's Thumbprint is filled with integrity, honesty, craftsmanship, experience and memories, and will go straight to your heart.

Their passion is why I loved this collection of poems so much, with Ahsan Akbar's words ringing so clear and true. Not only does he make us see what he sees, he also makes us feels a whirlwind of emotions through each of his lines. One of my favourites remains "Tree without Roots", expressing beautifully the multiple states one feels when living far away, yet without soapy nostalgia, and I found myself lingering over the words long after reading it.
In our fast-paced world of instant communication and conventions, Ahsan Akbar's reflections on life are the perfect remedy. Indeniably suave, sophisticated, yet rousing and shamelessly addictive.

Style Me Vintage Look Book Step-by-Step Retro Look Book
Style Me Vintage Look Book Step-by-Step Retro Look Book
by Naomi Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely reference, 12 Oct. 2012
I had been advised this book a long time ago and really do not regret following this advice! It's a beautiful book full of interesting information which you can dip in and out of, or read back to back! I'm new to the "Vintage world" and am referring to it regularly!