Profile for Mrs Fiona > Reviews

Corsets & Crossbones: Book 3 of The Swashbuckling Romance Series

4.0 out of 5 stars So good ^-^, 27 Jan. 2016
Corsets & crossbones
By Heater C Myers
My intrigue was peeked the moment I started reading, straight away Charlie Colt starts charming you…and he isn’t even doing anything haha . I LOVE the fact that heather give’s just enough detail to envision the scene without droning on….like the short back story, it doesn’t take up much of the book but explains so much, how Brook and Charlie met, a little on their individual backgrounds, how he and probably others before him became pirates. Charlie comes across as a bit of a wild card for a trade negotiator (I think that’s what he’d be). Not only is he’s smart charming rugged and witty he’s also totally freaking hot (^-~). Brook ugh! LOOOVE her, she’s a feisty young woman that thirsts for adventure, intelligent, beautiful and she’s right, people should want and except you the way you are.
Lord Southerland is the slimy salamander of a man that clearly doesn’t like not getting his own way, like a 2 year old throwing teddy out the pram
Fiona Radcliff seems cool and sweet I liked that she loves someone below her station, Joel (something both girls have in common). All the way through I hoped Fiona and Joel would end up together and I hoped Brook could be there to see it and then BOOM! They both turn their backs on Brook for her choices…some friends they are, yeah you might not agree with your friends all the time but to do what they did, no just…just no.
Omg mister slater is funny he’s only in it for a short time but wow “you left handers are always up to sinister trickery” hahaha (^-^) he’s also the only one that believes Brook when she says she wasn’t held prisoner but went willingly, which is awesome, seems like he knows her well. There is a heap of information on Shakespeare and whether he is the real Shakespeare…I’m super conflicted because she presented such a good argument but with these things will we ever truly know….
At first I was loving the ship and crew of all woman GIRL POWER and all that but my opinion soon changed when they teamed up with Sotherland and then a bit more when they not only aloud but most likely joined in on the torture of Brook….seriously I know it was all about the gold but what happened to girls sticking together, I was a little creeped out at the thought of cannibalistic natives but at the same time I was curious if Charlie’s theory was right, that the reason why Brook and himself were spared was because they were unmoving at the time of the abduction….was Maria’s body still there??
I love at the end you get the happy ending, the bad guys are gone and the questions about Shakespeare were answered. Its a good read, entertaining and full of swash buckling pirates, to me Charlie is more of a gentleman who’s career is piratical whereas proper pirates are much gruffer, rugged and naughty haha. But I did enjoy it…..the riddle was a little baffling but I think that’s because I’m not well versed in Shakespeare.

Review by Frances Yates

Mpow® Cheetah Sport Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones with Microphone Hands-free Calling, AptX for Running Work with Apple iphone 6, 6 Plus, 5 5c 5s 4s ipad ipod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 3 2 and Android Tablet Phones
Offered by Patox

Ynyr (Tornians Book 3)
Ynyr (Tornians Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Give me more, I need more Tornians, 26 Feb. 2015
Okay so I bought this book today and have already finished it. Might I just say it was AMAZING I've read them all so far but Goddess this was great, I feel there's room for more regarding Ynyr and Abby,especially now Daco is manipulating Ull. I can't wait for the next one I know you haven't long released this one but can you blame me they seriously rock. It would be great if you did one (even if it's just one of those .5 books like Isis's or Grims gift) for Rachel and Callen, Pagunas and korin. I would love Ull to find someone that will complete him, to light up the darkness in him. For I suspect there is quite a bit even if he doesn't know it himself, it's there. I want to hug him. These books are written so well you feel what the characters feel and you feel for them, you get attached to them, you wish they were real and you were in a position to make their world better lol I'm a sappy romantic but Goddess I love these men heehee thank you for sharing these amazingly wonderful works of art we a forever in your debt. so there is still the small problem of grammatical errors now normally I cant get on with them but at least with these you are still on track, its not that hard to know what the words are supposed to be.

Grim (Tornians Book 1)
Grim (Tornians Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 26 Feb. 2015
I loved this story. I love the characters, you instantly connect with them. I loved the world and the new cultures and I am hoping for lots more to come there are so many I want to find happy endings, there is so much potential for these people…well characters haha. They come alive they feel they make you feel and they are just, great . I would recommend them to everyone.
kidnapped by super-hot aliens (of course) yet strong and assessing Lisa instantly lets her demands to be returned to earth and why be known, (personally id be freaking out and probably not able to string together a coherent thought) Anyways after many males growling and posturing about it, enter the only one willing to help, King Grim. He helps Lisa but does he have conditions, she meets those and poof things start to happen, I’m a little envious of her haha.
Grim is considered unfit and unworthy of a female, due to no fault of his own other than being the only survivor of an 8 against 1 (Grim) ambush. Well that’s pure crock right there, for me that would say..no SCREAM I’m capable of protecting you against any odds. Anyhoo Grim gets what he has always longed for and Lisa gets her kids and her happily ever after. Surely nothing can go wrong, Wrong!!. Males that consider themselves worthy and fit are outraged they do all that they can to destroy the new family (that might I add have never been so happy and loved) but anyone that stands in Grim and Lisa’s way are so heading for a major butt wooping, nothing will come between them and every one Lisa and her children come in contact with instantly melt and want what Grim has.
I love that in this series the most important thing in the world to these males are females, preserving their lines. How do you do that with so few females, its 1 woman to 200 males now that’s a tuff word to live in, at the same time they get whatever they want, whenever they want they live in luxury, but without love, friends all in all they are basically breeders. It wasn’t always that way and hopefully it won’t be that way much longer. Yes they will still see any female as the upmost importance and guard them with their lives they are their everything. I love the relationships between the earth females and their chosen Tornian males , I want one. Plus is there anything better than being seen as small (no matter your height and weight) for a Tornian male is at least 7 ft tall built like a brick house (I’d say mansion) And come in every colour of the rainbow. This is a definite recommended read. Apart from a few grammatical errors this whole series would have been great, I figured she's doing the self-editing and proof reading thing. yes my spelling isn't perfect but she's even got the wrong word in places. But if you can look past that read on.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Please help!!!, 4 Aug. 2014
please help. I have one of these, love the idea. but didn't understand the instructions, now they are lost :(. can some one please tell me how to work this thing, clear detailed instructions would be much appreciated. it is very important. Thank you

Guns N Roses Music Band Logo III Embroidered Iron Appliques Patches Gift Women Men Father Mom Son Daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars its great, 24 Mar. 2014
i was shocked that it was so speedy in getting here, its great quality my nephew love it ^^ thank you

Mystery Man (Dream Man)
Mystery Man (Dream Man)
by Kristen Ashley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars mystery man, 24 Mar. 2014
HOLY ALPHA MALES!!!!
I'm surprised this book didn't self-combust from the degree of utterly drool/swoon-worthy, bossy, possessive, unapologetic, sweet, tender, badass, HOT ALPHA males in it!! I mean WOW! This book is pure deliciousness!

This book has it all to-die-for hero, a sassy, smartass heroine, lots of action, secret lairs, badass commandos, badass bikers, badass cops, drive-bys, cosmo parties, family time, romance, a few misty-eyed moments, laugh out loud humour and just general fun!

The writing style is very real. It’s almost written exactly as someone would speak or think.
"Babe" has always been my favourite term of endearment that a guy can call a girl. There is something just so possessive, and sweet and swoony about it. But Hawk takes it to a whole new level. That one word can mean so many different complete sentences. It takes a good author to make you understand exactly what he means without him saying it with just one word :)

There is a little bit of repetitiveness in the dialogue, and the main couple have one stupid moment where I wanted to throttle them both, but the smooth writing, badass overload, laugh out loud moments, action, tender sweet moments, and uber alpha males kept me turning the pages and not wanting to put the book down!

Law Man (Dream Maker Story)
Law Man (Dream Maker Story)
by Kristen Ashley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars law man, 24 Mar. 2014
Okay I have to say it and I breaks my heart to say it but this one wasn’t one of my favourites . Why you ask because… well to start with Mara annoyed me for a portion of the book with her insecurity, she has this totally whacked point system thing she does. Who lives their life by devising a point system where every person has a certain value, based on their looks, and upon further knowledge, attitude and is then judged by that? Don't understand, here's an example...
"His mother was probably a Ten Point Five too and Ten Point Fives didn’t help out Two Point Fives."
What so now an attractive person can't help out a person who’s less attractive? What did I tell you…totally wacked right?. I understand why she had such low self-worth, but I came to love her once she realized the error in her thinking.
Then there’s the heart wrenching sadness that comes with child neglect, but there was the joy that comes from belonging to a family who chooses you, wants you, loves you… it still makes me teary thinking what those kids went through but at the same time I’m happy they have Mitch and Mara to be mum and dad, they are good at it, even when her head was up her ass lol (Mitch’s words not mine)
At the same time there was a lot of good in this book and its defiantly worth the read.
Hhaha although Mara’s mother and Aunt Lulamae are mean I have to say I enjoyed them popping in, those ladies are some crazy arsed hens (I don’t mean that in a good way). There’s a reason why they’re called The Trailer Trash Twins, and maybe it was wrong for me to laugh so hard at them, but damn, I couldn’t help it!!

Dragon Mania
Dragon Mania

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dragon Mania (App)
I wasn't sure about this game when I saw it I thought it would be harder than it is but it's so simple that my nephew does it he loves all the different types of dragon lol

With Everything I Am (The Three Series Book 2)
With Everything I Am (The Three Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 14 Sept. 2013
I would defiantly recommend this book to everyone over 17 years of age, it was great. (^-^)/ you go Kristen

Page: 1 | 2