Profile for A. J. Montgomery > Reviews

Content by A. J. Montgomery

A. J. Montgomery (Dundee, Scotland)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-26
Browning Hidalgo Cartridge Range Clay Shooting Bag
Browning Hidalgo Cartridge Range Clay Shooting Bag
Offered by Ultimate Fishing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Already been reviewed by others and I have little to ..., 10 Sept. 2015
Already been reviewed by others and I have little to add. Big enough for essential cartridges and accessories but not too big. Be aware that if you fill it with cartridges it will be heavy!

Electrolux Boss Hepa Filter Hilight Velocity EF82
Electrolux Boss Hepa Filter Hilight Velocity EF82
Offered by Lazer Electrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Sept. 2015
It is the standard replacement filter and does what it is supposed to do.

Plasti-kote 3101 400ml Super Spray Paint - Matt Black
Plasti-kote 3101 400ml Super Spray Paint - Matt Black

2.0 out of 5 stars It is fine as a general paint though, 5 Jun. 2015
From the title I thought that this was a plastic coating paint- but it was not what I had expected. It is fine as a general paint though. Maybe I should have realised from the price that it was a light weight covering.

Inspired 500ml Memorial Stone Cleaner and Inhibitor
Inspired 500ml Memorial Stone Cleaner and Inhibitor

3.0 out of 5 stars gravestone cleaning, 5 Jun. 2015
The gravestone I was restoring was heavily soiled with lichen and algae. All the algae stained stone cleaned up very nicely, but the lichen covered areas retained a noticeable stain on the stone. It is possible that my expectations were too high (having watched U-Tube clips) and I need to be patient and do further treatments. However there has been a considerable overall improvement without damage to the headstone. Hopefully it will also inhibit future growth- though time will tell. I used two bottles on an area aprox 30 by 40 cms over the course of an hour soaking the area, waiting a suitable period before using a toothbrush on the algae area and a very sharp knife to shave the lichen (without damaging the stone). The lichen had to be taken in stages as the solution did not penetrate deeply into it, which dictated repeated applications. If algae is just the problem then look no further. Lichen though needs more care and effort, but perhaps this is par for the course.

Very Best of 2nd Chapter of Acts
Very Best of 2nd Chapter of Acts
Offered by FM Bookshops

2.0 out of 5 stars I loved 2nd Chapter of Acts back in the 1970's- but ..., 5 Jun. 2015
I loved 2nd Chapter of Acts back in the 1970's- but for some reason this cd failed to bring back what I had remembered. Maybe it is just me and the fallibility of rosy memories- I still have several LP's on vinyl- but this seemed to fail to capture what I loved and possibly it is due to the choice of tracks. Even the Easter Song (from a live recording here) did not measure with the studio recording on vinyl. Others may like this but I'll probably end up getting the all vinyl out and transferring onto one cd the tracks that blessed me most from at the time. I even heard them live at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh back in ? 1973/4 with Barry Maguire.

Avoca The Complete Wart & Verruca Treatment
Avoca The Complete Wart & Verruca Treatment
Offered by medsathomepharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wart and verucca treatment, 24 April 2015
Warts can be difficult to treat-eradicate. They are a viral infection causing unnatural tissue growth. Treatments are basically irritants and destructive to tissue. The idea is to cause some destruction of the infected cells and provoke the bodies natural defences to attack the viruses and infected cells. This can take time (up to 3 months- but can take longer if you don't persist) and you have to be meticulous and conscientious in regular applications of the treatments and use of emery paper to remove hard and dead skin. Care has to be taken in applying the silver nitrate to the area and limiting collateral damage and staining to surrounding skin and clothes etc. I used this treatment pack along with some salicylic acid lotions. The combination was successful within 1 month with which I was pleased. During this time it was occasional sore which was to be expected.

SKINS Men's Thermal Compression 3/4 Tights, Black/Yellow, Medium
SKINS Men's Thermal Compression 3/4 Tights, Black/Yellow, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermal Skins for skiing, 16 Mar. 2015
I am a fan of Skins compression clothing as they seem to help prevent my oap muscles from injury during HIIT workouts. I bought these for skiing as the 3/4 length stops just above my ski boots. Full length items interfere with the boot and sock fitting. Generally it worked pretty well under my Montagne fibre pile salopettes. Although Skins brand them as "thermal" I have to say that I don't think that they are as warm as non compression thermal underwear. However I used them (along with a Skins long sleeved vest combined with a fibre pile and pertex top) down to minus 12 centigrade with a strong wind and was reasonably comfortable. If going into really extreme conditions I would forsake the compression clothing for bespoke thermals.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Garden Lawn Rake., 3 Feb. 2015
The rake when new is brilliant for sweeping leaves from lawns and paths. I prefer it over most other tools. Only occasionally will I prefer a hard brush on paths. The balance is good. The head is nice and broad for covering big areas, but not too big to be unwieldy. The rubber strip wears well and does not seem to perish or get brittle. The recurring trouble for me is that the metal strip which forms the runner or grove into which the rubber teeth are secured onto the rake is not durable. It is only secured with rivets. With time the rivets work loose and the metal strip rusts and weakens and becomes loose. When this happens then the rubber teeth come detached from the rake after one or two sweeps or strokes of the rake. Re-securing the strip with nuts, bolts and washers might work for a while- but life is too short and I end up buying a new one. With postage/carriage this is about £30 a time, and it only lasts three maybe four years before I have to buy another. I do so because the rake works so well- but I must confess begrudging the cost and (in my opinion) short life span. Not sure what to do with my collection of sturdy ash poles! (but I'll find a use).

Carrying Hard Case Storage Bag hold Earphone Headphone
Carrying Hard Case Storage Bag hold Earphone Headphone
Offered by AzureView

5.0 out of 5 stars neat little case giving adequate protection to my ear phones ..., 29 Jan. 2015
neat little case giving adequate protection to my ear phones. Also less likely to loose them when they are in this.

90 Chanukah Candles - Chanukka Hanukah Value Pack
90 Chanukah Candles - Chanukka Hanukah Value Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful having a double pack, 29 Jan. 2015
Do the job without fuss. Useful having a double pack.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-26