Profile for Maria Athina > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream for the Home Kitchen
Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream for the Home Kitchen
by Jeni Britton Bauer

5.0 out of 5 stars The one book you should buy as an intro to ice-cream making that will make you a pro!, 26 Aug. 2016
I new it from the recipes that I would love this book...They are gourmet, different and very interesting! The consistency of the ice-cream achieved by Jeni's recipe is divine, the ice-cream is smooth, creamy and very dense in flavor! I have a home ice cream maker, but before the machine and this book I never tried to make ice-cream, because once in the past I make a cream-ice-pieces-thing..and then I quit! I tryied so far the basic vanilla flavor (ice cream base) and the salted caramel which is out-of-this-world!!!Thank yoy Jeni for sharing all your useful tips and great recipes!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Olfa 90cm x 60cm Heavy Duty Cutting Mat
Olfa 90cm x 60cm Heavy Duty Cutting Mat

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a GREAT cutting board, 26 Aug. 2016
It is a GREAT cutting board, very durable, but it smells a lot after six months...You should have a place well ventilated to store when not in use...

Aglaia Glass Aroma Diffuser Essential Oil Humidifier with 7-Color LED Light Change Ultrasonic Cool Mist and Auto Timer for Bedroom, Spa and Office
Offered by Tianyue Dazzling

Cuisinart ICE30 Ice Cream Maker - Silver
Cuisinart ICE30 Ice Cream Maker - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars you can make a lot of ice-cream in a single batch and the consistency is great. You can eat it directly, 26 Aug. 2016
Very stylish, you can make a lot of ice-cream in a single batch and the consistency is great. You can eat it directly, but it is recommended to add to the refrigerator for about an hour or two. No ice pieces inside! I haven't tried the recipes of the booklet, because I bought a great book for ice-creams. It is also very well designed, so it took a permanent place on your kitchen surface.

The Pursuit of Motherhood
The Pursuit of Motherhood
by Jessica Hepburn

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest, straightforward book, recommended 100%, 6 Jun. 2016
This is a great book.Honest and straightforward.It didn't add pressure or anxiety to me while reading it and I recommend it as a nice litterature book dealing with a very delicate subject with humor and realism.I haven't finished it yet, but I am not in a hurry, because I will miss reading it :)

Juice: Cleanse. Heal. Revitalize: 100 nourishing recipes and simple juice fasts
Juice: Cleanse. Heal. Revitalize: 100 nourishing recipes and simple juice fasts
by Rosemary Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is REALLY well made-printed and with awesome lay-out. It is inspiring, 11 Dec. 2015
This book is REALLY well made-printed and with awesome lay-out. It is inspiring, although I didn't do any of the recipes exactly as mentioned, because there are some extra ingredients that are not easily found in Greece. But this is a great book and you won't regret having it to your library. It also includes fasting program.

Cold Press Juice Bible: 300 Delicious, Nutritious, All-Natural Recipes for Your Masticating Juicer
by Lisa Sussman

5.0 out of 5 stars A great reference book and recipes, 11 Dec. 2015
Full of information on juicing. A great reference book and recipes. A must for your kitchen bookself.

Everyday Yoga for Stress Release with Nadia Narain
Everyday Yoga for Stress Release with Nadia Narain
Dvd ~ Nadia Narain
Offered by New Shoot Pictures Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars but I love doing more intense workout-practice and then relax deeply in ..., 11 Dec. 2015
I had really high expectations from this DVD due to the 5 star rating from practically everybody, maybe that was my mistake.The yoga practice is ok, but very light for me, although I am a begginer. Of course, that might help some people to destress, but I love doing more intense workout-practice and then relax deeply in Savasana. The Savasana part is quite short. Nadia Narain has a good voice and a calming effect, but the DVD didn't meet my expectations of having a home instructor to do practice when I don't have class.I am searching for a more challenging (not difficult, just more interesting) online class or DVD.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

2.0 out of 5 stars Highly over-rated book, check others too before purchasing this one without a second thought., 10 Sept. 2015
Well...It's really impressive that this book has sold so many copies. I didn't like at all the style of writing and most of all the attitude of the writter. In the fisrt 50 pages she only talks about herself and the personal success stories, without giving useful tips on how to tackle with clutter, but most of all how to change towards a minimalist way of life. I had bought three books with similare subject. The first was ok, but didn't inspire me, the second was life-changing and then I gave a try to this one and it was soooo disappointing, but anyway,I had already changes my daily life following a less "succesful" author, who spoke to my heart and turned my mind in a good way! So...no harm done, just think that this approach and book are soooo over-rated and I am really impressed that it is such a big success. Just a tip: Do your research and don't go for "star writters".

The Healthy Portion Plate (Colour)
The Healthy Portion Plate (Colour)
Offered by The Healthy Portion Plate

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I discovered it!Happy plate with a cause., 8 Sept. 2015
This is a great idea and the plated is as pictured and even better. It is melamine, but of great quality and finishing. The colors are vivid, the idea is genius,so I can't wait to start eating on it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2015 10:53 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2