Profile for Abhigyan > Reviews

Shadow the Sheepdog
Shadow the Sheepdog
by Enid Blyton

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lost dream finally came true, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Shadow the Sheepdog (Hardcover)
I first read this book when I was probably in 3rd or 4rth standard. Had it issued from my school library and read probably 3 or 4 times before I had to submit it back. Been searching for this book since then. A search which took me more than 26 or 27 years and finally the long lost dream came true when I found a copy of this book for sale on Amazon UK. How I longed for this book can be judged from the fact that I live in India.
The book has influenced my character and though I think my animal and in particular dog loving genes came from primarily my maternal side, the book solidified my idea to have a dog of my own. That's another thing none of my dogs are as clever or obedient as Shadow but well, that's another story. Long story cut short, I pestered my parents who finally gave me permission to have our own dog in 1990. Since then I have had 7 different dogs - each with his / her own character.
I would recommend this book quite highly for the kids as it makes them compassionate towards animals and lay the foundation of them becoming a good human.