Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "cotufas"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation LTE UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation LTE UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Top performance, low battery usage, a must!, 28 Sept. 2015
This phone is excellent. I had originally purchased the first generation as I got fed up of the bloatware that came with other brands, I wanted a pure Android experience and this was the closest approximation. I was happy with my first Moto G but it had a small memory so I decided to upgrade to the G3 16Gb. I am absolutely delighted. First of all Motorola's tracking shipment was excellent. Setting it up was as easy as 1-2-3 with Moto Migrate and using it is a joy. It's superfast, has bags of memory, the camera takes excellent photographs and above all the battery really lasts much longer than its predecessor. I honestly can't see why people should waste their money on other brands when this phone practically meets every requirement. I had never given much thought to Moto phones before, but this is the second one and I am delighted.

Moto G 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (8GB)  - Discontinued by manufacturer
Moto G 4G SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (8GB) - Discontinued by manufacturer
Offered by MACnificent

4.0 out of 5 stars Top value for money, 30 Dec. 2014
The Moto 4G is a great Android smartphone at an excellent price. Plus points:
- quick
- reliable
- no bloatware (the only two or three Moto apps included are really very useful enhancements)
- offers you a pure Android experience
- price
- good battery management

Minus points:
- the camera is average/poor
- it could do with 8Gb more of internal storage (you can add external storage though)
- isn't really a looker

Partly because of the camera and of the storage (I would have happily paid a little more for having both enhanced) I am giving it 4 star, otherwise it would have been a stellar 5. But don't let me put you off. It really is a great phone, especially given the amazing price. No, it won't turn heads for aesthetic qualities, but it would definitely appeal to those with a very practical and pragmatic approach to life, and to smartphones. I have been using it for two months now and I haven't been longing to return to my clunky and battery hogging Galaxy Note. I am looking forward to the Android 5 update now.

Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization (Que Biz-Tech)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and detailed information dispelling some of the myths around Social Media, 25 May 2013
This is a very well thought out book on social media and on how to apply proper control so that returns are measured. If more companies took notice of this book there would be a lot less hype...
The only minor criticism is that the book is a little repetitive at times (repetitio juvant perhaps?). Also, it could deter small firms from approaching social media if it were taken too literally as some of the metrics are often beyond the scope of SMEs.

Ring RAC610 12V Analogue Tyre Inflator with Adaptor Set
Ring RAC610 12V Analogue Tyre Inflator with Adaptor Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Gauge disappointing, 25 May 2013
I am disappointed that the instructions mention that tyre pressure on the gauge is indicative and that an appropriate tyre pressure gauge should be used. What is the point of that? If this product is for emergencies only and the gauge isn't precise this should be mentioned at the outset.

Poke the Box
Poke the Box
by Seth Godin
Edition: MP3 CD

1.0 out of 5 stars More management consultancy spiel than you can ever stomach, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Poke the Box (MP3 CD)
I have been compelled to read this book as part of a training session run by the company I work for. I am an avid reader and tend to be reasonably resilient to management fluff, but this book takes the biscuit as it's also hugely patronising in its approach. And how contradictory could it be that a book aimed at non conformity could end up being made a compulsory tool for a training course? I know this isn't the author's fault (at least I hope not...), but it does demonstrate that no matter what one could possibly write about his own life's journey and how to ideally break out of the mold, somewhere, somehow a poor bastard will hit his head against the brick wall of daily reality. Poke away if you like this sort of stuff, and I know there must be loads of Seth's fans out there, but I certainly will run a mile if I see another book from him.

Daisy's Aunt
Daisy's Aunt

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull and dated, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Daisy's Aunt (Kindle Edition)
It's dull and very dated, more like a Mills and Boon novel than an EF Benson one, don't bother even as a free download.

Samsung Vehicle Dock Kit for Galaxy Note
Samsung Vehicle Dock Kit for Galaxy Note
Offered by You Want One

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad bits, 19 July 2012
This is a relatively large piece of kit, but then so is the phone. On the plus side it's easy to angle so that you can view the phone just as you need to. The minus side is that the plate holding the phone doesn't click firmly into position, this means that if you grab the phone in a hurry, instead of delicately removing it from the cradle the only unit drops, annoying as putting the plate back inevitably requires removing the unit from the windscreen, thus repositioning the sucker. The other point is that it would have been better if it had been designed with a cable that could be unplugged from the adaptor and holder, so that the phone could be positioned elsewhere (e.g. used when parked, but still charging on the lead). However, I don't think there are alternatives, so this is it if you are using the excellent Galaxy Note.

Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - White
Samsung Galaxy Note 16GB Sim Free Smartphone - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I have had, so far, 1 July 2012
Being the careful buyer I am it took me a good two months to decide which phone I wanted to upgrade to, but I then opted to go for the Note, falling in love with the device while playing with it in one of the airport shops, waiting to board my flight.

It's hard to list the good points as there are so many, but principally having a phone of a size that enables you to look at a web page without squinting and with an amazingly crisp display is a joy. Writing a text message or an email is now as easy as on a laptop and I simply love the ability to swipe my finger across the keypad and create text, which is almost always the right one anyway - amazing, and even my colleagues with their overpriced Iphones went green with envy for the screen size and this feature.

Yes it's undeniably a big device, probably the biggest phone around, but it's surprisingly easy to carry in one's pocket and easy to operate even with hands as small as mine (I am only a short fella!). I played with the stylus a few times, but frankly I haven't really used it seriously, maybe when I get to do some photo touching up. However, it's neatly housed in the phone and you don't even know is there.

Two minor snags. The Vlingo voice recognition software is utter rubbish and I wish Samsung hadn't built this app in as default. It's positively dangerous to use while driving and it recognises little, or takes ages to do so, so you may as well stop the car and proceed manually. The other is a design fault. I do wish they hadn't placed the volume control at the same level as the on/off switch as when the phone is housed in its cradle (car kit) it's virtually impossible to remove without accidentally turning the volume up or down. This is a real nuisance and deserves a 'can do better Samsung'... Also, Samsung, surely you could have provided a couple of extra cms for the adaptor cable? It's noticeably shorter than my previous HTC and this makes it difficult to get to a socket if a little distance away.

Aside from these very minor issues I love my Note to bits, with a passion that has even begun to worry my wife... je t'adore Note...

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Very little quality..., 27 May 2011
The goods arrived broken and the refund took ages to be processed. Am still waiting to get the refund for the postage which was accrued when the item was returned. Will not use again.

Ring RAC600 12V Digital Tyre Inflator with Storage Bag and Adaptor Set
Ring RAC600 12V Digital Tyre Inflator with Storage Bag and Adaptor Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Mar. 2011
I bought this item a year ago and I then thought it worked fine as I had a car with low car tyres pressure. Changed the car, now requiring tyres inflated at much higher pressure and it simply can't cope. It's just become a very expensive emergency light.... Steer clear, it's rubbish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3