Profile for Darren > Reviews

Bets and the City: Sally Nicoll's spread betting diary
Bets and the City: Sally Nicoll's spread betting diary
by Sally Nicoll

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying, 7 Jun. 2007
This is a great book, I read it over two days, I couldn't put it down. I have been spreadbetting for a few years and I've read loads of books on trading but I still learnt something from Bets and the City.

Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner
by Dean Karnazes

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need inspiration to get off the sofa - buy this book, 21 Feb. 2007
I bought this book as a birthday present for my brother (who's sort of into running). I thought I'd have a quick read of it before I gave it to him. I couldn't put this book down - this bloke is immense (and funny), he's pushed his body to it's limits and beyond. A word of warning about the author, he's doesn't seem to need much sleep and is blessed with an abundance of energy. I used to be fairly fit and active years ago before I got married. I raced Triathlon's for a couple of years and even finished the Lanzarote Ironman. I never did enjoy running training but since reading this book, I've run twice, back-to-back this week and I will get away from my computer this summer and race again (first time in 8 yrs). Hopefully this explains a bit about the books contents and the effect it's had on me. Long distance sport is all about what's 'in your head' and making sacrifices in our daily lives.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 8:34 PM GMT