Profile for C. Cameron > Reviews

Amok: An Audible Original Drama
Amok: An Audible Original Drama
Offered by Audible Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your 8 hours, 26 May 2017
Fabulous cast, which is what attracted us. Absolutely terrible storytelling, thoroughly implausible on all levels.

The Innocent
The Innocent

1.0 out of 5 stars completely unengaging, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Innocent (Kindle Edition)
sorry guys - I clearly missed something. I've had this on my Kindle for ages following a positive review somewhere, but it's meanderings lost me completely. I'm sure it was thoroughly researched, but I'm afraid that has not resulted in either compelling writing or dynamic story-telling. Not for me.

A Thing in Disguise: The Visionary Life of Joseph Paxton
A Thing in Disguise: The Visionary Life of Joseph Paxton
by Kate Colquhoun

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, lucid and compelling, 16 Feb. 2013
Elegantly written, this biography is of a man of intimidating imagination and energy, but who remains warm, human and accessible throughout. A marvellous read.

The Woman In The Fifth
The Woman In The Fifth
by Douglas Kennedy

1.0 out of 5 stars Forewarned..., 29 Jun. 2008
This review is from: The Woman In The Fifth (Paperback)
I wish I'd read some of these reviews before picking the book up in an airport promotional bin. This is my first - and last - Douglas Kennedy. It is terrible: poorly characterised and unconvincing. Against my better judgement I ploughed on to the end just to see where he thought he was going with his story plan, but predictably, no surprises. Back to the bin - just not a promotional one.