Profile for Kerrypickle > Reviews

Content by Kerrypickle

Kerrypickle "KLE" (South Glos England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Simple Solitaire
Simple Solitaire

4.0 out of 5 stars Solitaire., 24 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Simple Solitaire (App)
Very relaxing. Amazing to get something for nothing these days.

COOL RECIPES - THE BIG BOOK: a great resource of recipes
COOL RECIPES - THE BIG BOOK: a great resource of recipes

1.0 out of 5 stars It is NOT a big book!, 25 Oct. 2016
Do not waste your money on this. It is a smallish selection of recipes scratched together from the internet.
Worse, it repeats some of them in an effort to pad out the Kindle version.
It's a con, I want my money back!

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

2.0 out of 5 stars Should know better at my age, with my degree of incompetence regarding all thing technological!, 27 May 2016
In essence, it seems that I have purchased something that already duplicates the package I have with my broadband and tv provider.
UNLESS I subscribe to Prime.
I have found little for free thus far.
Once again, probably my fault for listening to advice from others and not going into the details/small print with enough scrutiny.
Yet another learning experience, as was the unexpected addition of VAT to my bill!

The Old Arab Secrets Of  Medicine
The Old Arab Secrets Of Medicine

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time or money on anything by this Author., 22 Jan. 2016
Do not be fooled by the précis/introduction by the "Author". This is as good as the use of the English language and grammar gets in this book!
I was not expecting fluent English, equally I did not expect something that seems to have been written using two, or maybe three different language dictionaries.
Its contents are less than helpful, who knew that Meningitis could be cured with Black Cumin Seeds, oh and of course Honey! I will be passing this piece of information onto our local Meningitis Research Foundation Charity, post haste!
Several of the "recipes" are common through out the world, and range from the bizarre, to the downright dangerous.
Not impressed with the presentation on Kindle either, several blank pages throughout.
Another point I would like to raise is about the "Author", who currently has 267 books available from Amazon. Many of which are to do with teaching yourself a foreign language. They would be laughable if they weren't so appalling. Translation and idiom appear to be courtesy of Google and other internet sites.
Interestingly there are few reviews, all of which are poor.
It appears to be some form of con, so I am not sure why Amazon are party to it, unless of course no one at Amazon reads the books before they are put up for sale?!

Animosity Farm: Diary of a Farmer's Wife
Animosity Farm: Diary of a Farmer's Wife

3.0 out of 5 stars I really, really wanted to like this book and its author., 3 Dec. 2015
I spent many years of my life living in a Tythe Cottage on a large country estate. Fortunately I never experienced such malice from the estate involved. That being said, I have heard and witnessed many cases of hardship on other estates in my area.
Having said that, despite my wanting to like this book, the narrative was repetitive and the editing was appalling in the kindle paperwhite version I read, as unfortunately, are many books translated for epublishing.
This may have prejudiced me somewhat.
It is laudable that someone rescues abandoned, unwanted and abused animals, but, and there is always a but, when the person involved knew that the estate and her husbands family really mean nasty business, why did she not start to try to rehome them then?
Im sure the writer of the original was being honest in her feelings and her emotions, including her physical ill health, but unfortunately this did not translate well, (possibly due to the editing and format of the book on Kindle) and as she rightly commented at some point in the book, it did make her sound neurotic, among other things and therefore a less reliable witness to the ongoing events.
I would not wish this sort of lifestyle trauma on anyone, and truly hope that there was a happyish resolution.

Health Store Pecan Nuts 125 g (Pack of 3)
Health Store Pecan Nuts 125 g (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont expect something I buy on line to have so short a shelf life., 6 Sept. 2015
I may be picky, but I expect when I buy something like this on line, that it will have a longer shelf life than something I bought in the supermarket the month before.
If they had been considerably cheaper, I may have accepted the time scale, but they weren't.

Fat Dogs and French Estates - Part 2
Fat Dogs and French Estates - Part 2

2.0 out of 5 stars Second sitting! Will have to buy the 3rd just to see how her husband survives the experience, 6 Sept. 2015
This is equally as badly written and repetitive as the first book, of what I am sure will be an attempt at all the other books on the market, about a home in whatever foreign country
This author seems too lack the ability, to stop talking about her dogs ill health, fizzies due to heart problems. That's sad. What is sadder, is that it was so repetitive with the details of sick/fat dogs, their predilection for mayhem.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2015 2:28 PM GMT

Fat Dogs and French Estates - Part 1
Fat Dogs and French Estates - Part 1

2.0 out of 5 stars ... not amongst the many reviewers who found this amusing/ funny or to their taste, 6 Sept. 2015
Regret I am not amongst the many reviewers who found this amusing/ funny or to their taste.
Repetative. How many times does a reasonably literate and intelligent reader need to be told that the dogs have health and attitude issues and the husband, is, according to his wife, anti social in the extreme?

The Gold Train: The Destruction of the Jews and the Second World War's Most Terrible Robbery
by Ronald W. Zweig

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a sad story of collaboration by so many Countrys., 6 Sept. 2015
This is not a newly published book. Which is fine, as it hasn't been re published to my knowledge, since the version I bought in paperback.
I had several reasons for reasons for wanting to read this book, which have to do with my interest in the nursing and medical service provision of both the world wars.
During my reading I became aware of the horror, that was the Nazis wish for destruction of ethnic and other minorities, as non ayrians fit for the Reich Movement or mentality.
Newspapers and TV, over a period of time failed to explain, what actually happened to the theft of possessions, of those who met their deaths or died in gas chambers, or concentration camps.
Moreover, they failed to name and shame, those who collaborated with the Nazis , in their endeavour to punish the wealthy, because they were Jewish.
Return, repatriate that which is owed.

A Volunteer Nurse on the Western Front: Memoirs from a WWI camp hospital
A Volunteer Nurse on the Western Front: Memoirs from a WWI camp hospital
by Olive Dent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug. 2015
Brilliant insight into the working lives of women at the sharp end during the first world war.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7