Profile for Mark Loughridge > Reviews

Content by Mark Loughridge

Mark Loughridge (Letterkenny, Ireland)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aoioi Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement for Epson T1301-T1304 Ink Cartridges High Capacity for Epson Stylus Office B42WD BX525WD BX535WD BX625FWD BX630FW BX635FWD BX925FWD BX935FWD SX525WD SX535WD SX620FW Workforce WF-3010DW WF-3520DWF WF-3540DTWF WF-7015 WF-7515 WF-7525(3 Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value colour ink, 12 Jan. 2017
My Epson WF-7015 is my workhorse printer--I dont use it for printing photos, but for handouts and church bulletins. So I go through a reasonable amount of ink and often need to just install another cartridge.

I am happy with the colour, ease of use, and price of these cartridges. For the money they are excellent value. I have become frustrated with other brands I have used not functioning when I installed them until after I had run several cleaning cycles etc. Not so with these ones - they worked from the off.

I can't comment on colour fastness, or accuracy for photo reproduction, but at least for ordinary printing these are great.

Veho ZB-5 On-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones | Foldable Design | Leather Finish | Microphone | Remote Control | Wired Option | Rechargeable - Black
Offered by Veho Lifestyle Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars A great set of headphones - my new favourites, 31 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are lovely comfortable headphones, and I have no major complaints with the sound quality. They fit on the ear, rather than over, or in. That gives them a slightly smaller overall size. They fold nicely, are solidly built and have an air of quality - all for a reasonable price tag.

They paired easily with my ipad, and with my imac. There are a couple of discreet and small LEDs to indicate that they are on or charging.

There is a difference between the sound via cable and via bluetooth, but not too much. With all the chopping and changing and waiting to pair, its hard to say which is better. My only quibble is that there is a hiss and a high pitched noise that is slightly audible at low volumes in bluetooth mode. It's not noticeable in normal listening, unless you listen for it, but if you listen a lot in quiet environments eg in bed at night, you may find it irritating.

All in all a great set of headphones - my new favourites.

Cressi Men's Beach Swimming Shoes, Black, 43/44-8.5/10
Cressi Men's Beach Swimming Shoes, Black, 43/44-8.5/10

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for pool use, 24 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Cressi Beach Flip Flop (Sports)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these because I wanted something to wear to and from the changing room to the pool With all that padding around in bare feet I always seemed to have some minor sort of foot 'fungus' - but a couple of weeks of wearing these seems to have allowed it to clear up and stay at bay.

As for all the other factors: The soles are reasonably thick and comfortable to walk on, but I wasn't walking far. No hard/sharp/unfinished edges to gouge the feet. But I did find the toe 'post' noticeable because of it's thickness - perhaps because I don't wear flip-fkops much I'm just not used to something between my toes. At the moment one sits a little skewed on my foot - hopefully time and use will cause it to adapt.

They are perfectly adequate for what I want them for. Probably worthy of a 3 and a half!

Rapesco A4+ Popper Wallet with Press Stud - Transparent Bright Aqua, Pack of 5
Rapesco A4+ Popper Wallet with Press Stud - Transparent Bright Aqua, Pack of 5

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful enough folders, 17 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Useful enough folders. Great for carrying handouts en route to meetings/class. Popper isn't so overly tight that you feel you'll do damage just trying to open it (as some do). Clear enough plastic to allow you to see the contents. Better than the card folders - will maintain their 'sharpness' longer.

Bigger than A4 and can hold 200 sheets with ease. Room for a couple of pens down the side of pages. Time will tell how durable they are.

Dove Beauty and Care Collection Gift Set
Dove Beauty and Care Collection Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars A great 'value for money' selection, 12 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mrs L is very happy with this. Unlike some gift sets which are overpriced for what you actually get, or contain a strange combination of products such that one sits unused on the bathroom shelf, this one is packed full of useful items.

The set contains both full sized and travel sized products:
Travel size - Antiperspirant 35ml, Shampoo 50ml, Conditioner 50ml
Full size - Rich Nourishment Cream 75ml, Body Wash 250ml, Body Lotion 250ml, and a shower puff.

A travel shower gel would have been useful to complete the travel aspect of the set - but other wise no complaints.

Box is a little oversized and contents get jumbled out of their position, but thats not too big a worry. Box arrived in fine condition contrary to some other reviews, but it is flimsy and I could see how it could get damaged.

Cressi Swim Kids Right Small Fit Swimming Goggles - Clear
Cressi Swim Kids Right Small Fit Swimming Goggles - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars What's good for the gander is good for the goslings, 30 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've a pair of the adult version of these and have been very happy with them. And now my daughter has a pair for herself - she can be happy too.

What Cressi do well is soft comfortable non-leaking goggles. These are soft around the eye socket and the clear silicone frame keeps everything nice and bright. (Although if my own are anything to go by, the silicone will turn opaque over time, but that's no great loss.)

I love the softness of these googles - even the lenses flex to allow them to curve to the shape of the face. It also means that they don't have to be mad tight, causing discomfort and leaving rings on the skin. The strap locking system seems secure enough, and means that the goggles are easily adjusted.

Very happy with these. Ideal for little swimmers. Better than the Barbie googles she's had up to now!

Cressi Pro Star Bag Snorkelling Set - Black, Size 43/Size 44
Cressi Pro Star Bag Snorkelling Set - Black, Size 43/Size 44

4.0 out of 5 stars Cressi - always good - always comfortable, 30 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm completely new to the world of snorkelling and diving, but have swam for many years. I'm a fan of Cressi goggles - soft and comfortable. This is more of the same in the snorkelling department. (It's too cold to try these out in open water at this time of year, but I have tried them out in the pool - and can't wait to get out into clear open water to give it a go.)

This is a great set - has all you need. A serious mask, massive flippers, and a tidy comfortable snorkel.

The mask - soft comfortable - a perfect seal around my face, and nose. Huge lenses give an excellent field of vision - if I wasnt blind in one eye it would be even better! Lens tended to fog up - usual story - spit or lens spray required. Serious straps - these boys aren't going anywhere.

The flippers - only having been used to swimming flippers for pool use - these were a serious step up. Mad power--kicked a length faster than I can swim one. Soft and comfortable - and a good fit. I'm a 9.5 and the 8.5-9.5 fitted perfectly. And no abrasion either.

The snorkel - again soft and comfortable in the mouth, flexible at the bend, and has a good strong clip to attach it to the goggle strap. A little longer would be better, but maybe that's just bad technique on my part.

The bag - a useful drawstring mesh bag to carry it all in.

Roll on summer and open water

The Lordship of Christ: Serving Our Savior All of the Time, in All of Life, with All of Our Heart

3.0 out of 5 stars Great doctrine, superb title, vast scope - book lacking..., 23 Nov. 2016
Poythress writes a much needed book on the lordship of Christ - it is sweeping in its coverage, as any book on the lordship of Christ should be. The subtitle is brilliant - one that sums up everything I love about this doctrine.

So why only 3 stars? (3 stars = It was ok.) This could have been a much deeper and richer book - indeed I was hoping it would be, so maybe the fault lies with me. It is more of a primer than an in depth theological look at the Lordship of Christ, skimming the surface, rather than mining for gold. A number of criticisms come to mind:

1. The book doesn't comment much on the distinction between Christ's universal lordship which he holds as God, and Christ's mediatorial lordship which he holds as Redeemer. There is much comfort and richness in the truth that the Father has given all authority to the Son, and made him head over all things for the church, so that the whole of human history is governed by the Son for the benefit of the church.

2. Tied in to the above criticism - in its section on resources, the book lacks any interaction with William Symington's Messiah the Prince or Samuel Rutherford's Lex Rex or any mention of the Covenanters who did so much to content for the Lordship of Christ. It is as if the concept was discovered by Abraham Kuyper. The new abridged and modernised edition of Messiah the Prince by J.K. Wall would be a better introductory read, before reading Poythress. By all means read Poythress, but read Messiah the Prince first.

3. It omits any teaching on what sort of Lord Christ is - what it is like to be under his lordship (existentially). It is almost all 'law' and no grace. Or more aimed at the intellect and the will, rather than dealing also with the heart. We have a Lord who delights in the obedience of his people, who is a loving and lovely Lord who delights to rule all things well for his people. This provides the motivation for living under his lordship.

4. It appears to favour a Two-kingdoms approach to the church in the world. I think this is flawed and undermines Christ's lordship. The appendix deals (and doesn't deal) with Two-kingdom theology, without given any substantial mention of weaknesses.

Leitz 73681023 iLam A4 Laminator, Ideal for Home Office, Wow - Metallic Pink
Leitz 73681023 iLam A4 Laminator, Ideal for Home Office, Wow - Metallic Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid laminator, 22 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Laminators are a handy piece of kit, especially with children around. This one is above entry level - certainly at the RRP, but a good laminator at the discount price Amazon are selling at. My previous one was a Tesco bargain one, and this is a step up with a couple of extra features. The extras were the variable thickness settings, the ability to do cold pouches, and the jam release mechanism, as well as the metallic body.

Pros
- Does exactly what it is meant to do - quickly & efficiently.
- It laminates at three different settings - 80microns, 125 microns, and using special pouches - cold.
- Warms up reasonably quickly - 3 minutes.
- Shuts off after 30 minutes according to Amazon product description - couldnt verify this in the instructions. Wasn't going to leave it on for half an hour to find out!
- Has release lever to help you remove any pouches that jam up the system. My previous model didn't have this, although I had no jams with it either.
- Sturdily built and looks good.
- Comes with 5 pouches and a 2 year guarantee.

Cons
- Not many, but I wasn't too keen on the piercing beep that is emitted to let you know you have switched it on, and another set of beeps 3 minutes later to let you know it is at operating temperature.

This is a good laminator, though I'm not sure that it is twice (or 5 times at full price) as good as the basic Tesco value one which I have used and used for a long time. The extra settings are useful, but not essential for a general use laminating like I do.

Men Expert Active Sport Gift Set
Men Expert Active Sport Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars The Quest for Expert men continues..., 7 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am slowly becoming an Expert Man (TM) - at least if the range of toiletries in my bathroom is to be believed. Shower gels and face washes, and now this moisturiser/deodorant/mini towel combo.

The anti-perspirant does the job and has a fresh smell about it, whilst giving a cool tingly feeling - slightly disconcerting at first - I thought I hadn't dried myself properly and was losing my Expert (TM) abilities. The moisturiser certainly dries in well, and isn't greasy nor leaves behind that freshly varnished look - also has a cool refreshing tingle. The meagre square of towel might do a hobbit, or suffice for a not-very-sweaty person at the gym. On the other hand its a more reasonable size for a face cloth/flannel.

Happy enough to use this.

Onwards and upwards in Man Expertness (TM)...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20