Profile for Evieliz > Reviews

Evieliz "Evieliz"

Page: 1 | 2
Adnams Copper House Distilled Gin 40 Percent Above, 70 cl
Adnams Copper House Distilled Gin 40 Percent Above, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Once this was opened I discovered that my stress levels ..., 4 Feb. 2016
Once opened my stress levels significantly decreased, and from what I can remember of the festive period this lovely gin made for a fabulous Christmas! Adnams rocks!

Betrayal
Betrayal
by Harold Pinter

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to be drawn into the realities of the conversation ..., 4 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Betrayal (Paperback)
This was supposed to be a Christmas present, but when it arrived in the post and after reading the first page I couldn't leave and had to read it straight away. And I did, over a cup of tea once I'd picked the kids up. It was easy to be drawn into the realities of the conversation between the three characters, I also very much enjoyed the way the play ended at the beginnings of the affair.
It would have been better only if it could have been a little longer. Had I known I would devour it in one brief sitting I'd of taken more time and savoured this lovely masterpiece a little longer.

Kenwood kMix Traditional Kettle - Bright Yellow
Kenwood kMix Traditional Kettle - Bright Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Feb. 2016
Beautiful

Disney Sleeping Beauty Sleepover Kit
Disney Sleeping Beauty Sleepover Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 4 Feb. 2016
Had 6 months and it fell apart. Cheaply made and disappointing.

Addicted: A Novel
Addicted: A Novel
by Zane

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty dire. Rather predictable, 4 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Addicted: A Novel (Paperback)
Pretty dire. Rather predictable.

How to Save Your Own Life
How to Save Your Own Life
by Erica Jong

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Unashamedly frank, 4 Feb. 2016
Brilliant. Unashamedly frank, - what I love most about Erica Jong.
There were hints that Bennett was a you know what, but its all cemented here. I think every woman suffers a Bennett at some point!
Fabulous writing, always honest, I would thoroughly recommend.

The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary Classics)
The Handmaid's Tale (Contemporary Classics)
by Margaret Atwood

5.0 out of 5 stars but that's the beauty of this brilliant story, it stays with you because so much ..., 4 Feb. 2016
Fabulous and thought provoking.
'Are there any questions?' YES! Hundreds of them, but that's the beauty of this brilliant story, it stays with you for days because so much is left unanswered.
I am now going to purchase more Atwood books. I absolutely loved it and would thoroughly recommend.

Hausfrau
Hausfrau
by Jill Alexander Essbaum

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, thought-provoking and utterly distressing! Fabulous read, 5 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Hausfrau (Hardcover)
I rarely post, however after finishing this book around four hours ago Anna is still very much on my mind. This book deserves the time to review.
I loved it, though it was a harrowing and at times difficult read. Many people have commented on disliking Anna, the main character - I didn't. I sympathised, and identified and felt as though many lessons could be learned in her story.
I knew the ending was inevitable, it was subtly hinted at from the very beginning, but I hoped I would somehow be wrong and that Anna could somehow pull it round - but after the terrible loss she suffers midway through the book, my hope slipped sadly.
This is a beautiful book, I truly loved it, and I've cried a lot at the loss of it, and the loss of Anna who touched me profoundly.
She will stay with me for a long time, I doubt very much I will read this again - I don't think my heart could take it.

Fitbit Zip - activity tracker - magenta
Fitbit Zip - activity tracker - magenta

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gizmo, 9 Sept. 2014
I love this - to physically see the steps you take and the calories you burn has revolutionised my motivation.
I hate exercise so this really helps to make me more aware of how active I am being (or not!). Its definitely working for me.
Very pleased.
Only slight negative is that the battery it came with only lasted a little over a week, a slight disappointment but given how enamoured I am with the fitbit its a small price to pay.
Would thoroughly recommend without hesitation.

Those Who Save Us
Those Who Save Us
by Jenna Blum

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Brilliant...Brilliant, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Those Who Save Us (Paperback)
I first read this book about five years ago. Since then I have read it twice more.
I love it. The subject matter is dark and emotionally troubling, but the story is simply gripping.
Definitely in my top five books of all time and thoroughly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2