Profile for Mr. A. E. Higgins > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. E. Higgins

Mr. A. E. Higgins (England - Cambridgeshire)

Creative 51MF1610AA003 GigaWorks T20 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with BasXPort Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars compact and meaty!, 17 Jan. 2011
I was looking for a cheap(-ish) set of speakers that would be better than a budget 2.1 setup - i was basically looking for less thumpy bass - and something that would be powerful enough for general music and video use on my laptop.

I looked around a little and there seemed to be two or three options in the price range from names I recognize and trust (creative, logitech etc.) and i eventually chose the T20 IIs because the general review consensus was that they were very good for the money.

.. and i wasn't disappointed!

The speakers have remarkable bass for the size, a small footprint on my desk and fill my room with sound when I feel like turning them up.

They are also sleek and well designed in terms of functionality and looks.

It is also worth noting that haven't had any problems with a buzzing power supply that I have seen in some of the reviews

In terms of similar products i've used;

These beat the logitech 2.1 system I've had for a few years which I've used for my xbox and occasional music use.

They obviously don't compare to the mission speakers we've got for the 'proper'
hi-fi system and Sonos system but they are very good for the money.

Basically my conclusion is that you shouldn't be disappointed with these speakers if you are buying them for your PC, laptop, Games console, TV, Ipod etc. they will perform well at a good price.

Belkin 4.8M USB Extension Cable
Belkin 4.8M USB Extension Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price., 9 Mar. 2009
I have issues with the signal strengh for the wireless on my xbox 360 so i looked around the usual places for a USB extension (PCworld etc.) but the prices were mental...

So i popped over to amazon and found this which is ~£10 cheaper than from other sites... and i bought it.

It works. i dangle my wireless adapter over the edge of the landing and i now get full wireless signal for my xbox.

(now what the other guy said about the USB signal starting to run out of juice may be true, but only if you are attaching this extension onto another extension giving a 5m+ length of extension. i have had no issues with my 5m long cable and being a competetive kind of guy, i would notice if i was getting lag on CoD 4!)